You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Turkey teeth

Reckoner

6 minutes ago, Elite said:

The hotel complex was brilliant and you could book resteraunts for the evening as part of the all-inclusive which were all really nice. Other than that though it was pretty boring apart from the shagging and the excursions.

Yeah, it seemed like pot-luck on the hotels. We dropped people off on the coach to some great looking places but ours was in retrospect brilliantly crummy and uninviting, with exactly the same uninspiring food 3 times a day for a week. First world problems and all that, but I remember breaking and going out to dinner at a Planet Hollywood on one of the last nights and almost crying with happiness at what I was eating.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Dr Nowt said:

Yeah, it seemed like pot-luck on the hotels. We dropped people off on the coach to some great looking places but ours was in retrospect brilliantly crummy and uninviting. I remember breaking and going out to dinner at a Planet Hollywood on one of the last nights and almost crying with happiness at what I was eating.

I thought they'd all be great to be honest, we didn't pay loads. I wouldn't go back anyway, not worth getting the shits for.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dr Nowt said:

Yeah, it seemed like pot-luck on the hotels. We dropped people off on the coach to some great looking places but ours was in retrospect brilliantly crummy and uninviting, with exactly the same uninspiring food 3 times a day for a week. First world problems and all that, but I remember breaking and going out to dinner at a Planet Hollywood on one of the last nights and almost crying with happiness at what I was eating.

That beats The Shawshank Redemption, Doc.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Red_or_Dead said:

Classic GF thread hi-jacking.

Without sounding like Gnasher, think it is Russians with money, rather than Russians in general.

Yeah isn't it something like 5% of Russians can afford to go on holiday (and even for  most of them its holidays that a high % of people in the UK can afford) so they are upper class back home and act as such. 

Went to Antalya in 2011 with the family. We stayed in a Russian owned hotel but there was a mix of Dutch, Russian and British holidaymakers there.

There were 5 Russians who would start drinking vodka at 8am. Two of them looked like Chris Waddle in the 80s. As the day wore on they would get more rowdy and abusive but the Turks were scared to death of them as they threatened to complain to the Russian owners and get them sacked. 

Talked to one Dutch fella who said one of the Russians had banged on his door at 4am thinking it was his apartment and tried to force his way in. The Dutch fella knocked him out as he had woke up his mrs and two kids. 

Went down to my father in laws room and he said he had to phone the hotel security as they had trashed the room next door. I went in to have a look as the door was wide open and workmen were in and out of the room. They had literally ripped the sink and the bath out of the fittings in the bathroom and had tried to throw the sink off the balcony but dropped it when they were pissed.

Had loads of argument with them over the course of the next 10 days as they would literally shove kids out of the way to get to the bar or buffet.

There was a guest relations book at reception and I wrote in it "All Russians are massive ugly looking rude twats"

A few days later I looked at the book and a load of Russians had wrote "Fuck you, you American bastard" and "I hope the White House gets aids"

• Upvote 6

19 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

There was a guest relations book at reception and I wrote in it "All Russians are massive ugly looking rude twats"

A few days later I looked at the book and a load of Russians had wrote "Fuck you, you American bastard" and "I hope the White House gets aids"

Hahahahahahaha 

53 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Went to Antalya in 2011 with the family. We stayed in a Russian owned hotel but there was a mix of Dutch, Russian and British holidaymakers there.

There were 5 Russians who would start drinking vodka at 8am. Two of them looked like Chris Waddle in the 80s. As the day wore on they would get more rowdy and abusive but the Turks were scared to death of them as they threatened to complain to the Russian owners and get them sacked. 

Talked to one Dutch fella who said one of the Russians had banged on his door at 4am thinking it was his apartment and tried to force his way in. The Dutch fella knocked him out as he had woke up his mrs and two kids. 

Went down to my father in laws room and he said he had to phone the hotel security as they had trashed the room next door. I went in to have a look as the door was wide open and workmen were in and out of the room. They had literally ripped the sink and the bath out of the fittings in the bathroom and had tried to throw the sink off the balcony but dropped it when they were pissed.

Had loads of argument with them over the course of the next 10 days as they would literally shove kids out of the way to get to the bar or buffet.

Yank bastard!

2 minutes ago, littletedwest said:

Totally not related to Turkey but a lad I used go school with is a cosmetic dentist. Done loads of celebs including Trent. He's a millionaire and I haven't got a pot to piss in. He was a clever lad though 

Excuse me pal, we’re busy slagging off Russians here. Don’t interrupt 

10 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Yeah isn't it something like 5% of Russians can afford to go on holiday (and even for  most of them its holidays that a high % of people in the UK can afford) so they are upper class back home and act as such. 

That sounds about right. Most Russian people in the country are sound, a bit different culturally, certainly, and gruff on the exterior until you get to know them, but generally sound.

The few families I've known who had the money to fly off to Egypt or Thailand were the exact people that we always avoided. "New Russians" they're called in the country, mostly connected to the government and/or the mafia and just used to getting everything they want all the time.

• Upvote 1

Just briefly, to get back to the original topic, I was quoted $2500 Aussie to get root canal work done at my local dentist. Few hours on the internet, booked at the Australia Dental Clinic in Hanoi. This started my love affair with Vietnam. Airfares, hotel and expenses, ALL my teeth fixed and a brilliant holiday for less. Didn't get veneers or anything, my teeth are too fucked for whitening (mouth pippeting acids as a young feller and 40 years of smoking). State of the art Dentists clinic, perfect English unlike the Chinese dentist at my local rundown dentist.

Your problem now is that Vietnam isn't letting foreigners in .My problem is I can't get out.

Back to the diversion.

Mui Ne and Nha Trang (which is becoming another high rises all along the beach same as everywhere else resort) are  from Russia crammed with Russians. There were direct flights from Russia to Nha Trang before Covid reared its ugly head. I'm not sure why Mui Ne has been popular but lots of Russian owned places and the signs on the shops there are mostly in Vietnamese and Russian. When I was in Nha Trang last year it was full of heavy looking muscly Russian guys who all looked like gangster or KGB heavies

• Upvote 1

On 12/03/2021 at 23:44, Jarvinja Ilnow said:

I got four crowns done in Goa about 7 years ago (front left tooth was a casualty of thinking I was a natural silly point fielder as a teenager). We took 2.5 weeks holiday, and it was done easily within that time. The cost of the dental work, plus the flights and hotel was less than the UK price for the dental work on 2 teeth, as I remember. No problems with it since then.

The surgery looked very clean, and the dentist was good. The only problem was that Goa was full of obnoxious and aggressive Russian tourists.

Really? I had no idea they visited Goa (admittedly I don't know much about the place). I ran into Russian tourists a few times in Turkey and they are not pleasant tourists at all. I know we Brits are pretty bad travellers too but we and other Europeans tend to behave ourselves in non-European countries.

I know a few people that went to Turkey for both hair and dental treatments and got good reviews from both. Or at least, no horror stories with botched jobs or anything. 

2 hours ago, Evelyn Tentions said:

Just briefly, to get back to the original topic, I was quoted $2500 Aussie to get root canal work done at my local dentist. Few hours on the internet, booked at the Australia Dental Clinic in Hanoi. This started my love affair with Vietnam. Airfares, hotel and expenses, ALL my teeth fixed and a brilliant holiday for less. Didn't get veneers or anything, my teeth are too fucked for whitening (mouth pippeting acids as a young feller and 40 years of smoking). State of the art Dentists clinic, perfect English unlike the Chinese dentist at my local rundown dentist.

Your problem now is that Vietnam isn't letting foreigners in .My problem is I can't get out.

Back to the diversion.

Mui Ne and Nha Trang (which is becoming another high rises all along the beach same as everywhere else resort) are  from Russia crammed with Russians. There were direct flights from Russia to Nha Trang before Covid reared its ugly head. I'm not sure why Mui Ne has been popular but lots of Russian owned places and the signs on the shops there are mostly in Vietnamese and Russian. When I was in Nha Trang last year it was full of heavy looking muscly Russian guys who all looked like gangster or KGB heavies

I went to Nha Trang too, left pretty quickly as I was travelling the whole country. Russians were so rude to staff. I said to Vietnamese staff behind the bar ‘ why do all the staff look so sad around here? Is it because of how Russians talk to you’ ? They looked at each other and sniggered but said nothing. I also watched us get beat in the FA cup semi to Aston Villa there, which put the icing on the cake of a shit day.

Anyway, teeth...

On 13/03/2021 at 13:39, Elite said:

That's the scary part. They are literally capable of anything.

Usyk is a prime example of Eastern European dead eyes.

Oleksandr-Usyk_homepage.jpg

I really, really, really wouldn't recommend grouping Ukrainians and Russians together, especially in front of Usyk himself! 

On 13/03/2021 at 20:36, Doctor Troy said:

Please tell me it wasn't the Eftalia Aqua Hotel resort, we went there in 2018 and all of us got the worst food poisoning imaginable. Due to the same reheated bland muck that got served up in the buffet restaurant every night. The hotel was mainly middle aged Russian men with dollybird trophy wives. I wouldn't go back if you paid me, dreadful gaff. 

2 minutes ago, Total Longo said:

Please tell me it wasn't the Eftalia Aqua Hotel resort, we went there in 2018 and all of us got the worst food poisoning imaginable. Due to the same reheated bland muck that got served up in the buffet restaurant every night. The hotel was mainly middle aged Russian men with dollybird trophy wives. I wouldn't go back if you paid me, dreadful gaff. 

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g297962-d307373-Reviews-Swandor_Hotels_And_Resorts_Topkapi_Palace-Antalya_Turkish_Mediterranean_Coast.html

It was this place, the hotel itself is lovely. Just that the Russians ruin it.

Nothing like a bit of food poisoning to ruin your holiday though.

Just now, Doctor Troy said:

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g297962-d307373-Reviews-Swandor_Hotels_And_Resorts_Topkapi_Palace-Antalya_Turkish_Mediterranean_Coast.html

It was this place, the hotel itself is lovely. Just that the Russians ruin it.

Nothing like a bit of food poisoning to ruin your holiday though.

yeah its our own fault really for not paying a bit extra and going up a star. I'd never gone all inclusive before though. Not sure i ever will again either unless its five star. I ended up buying a bottle of absolut for a small fortune because trying to get smashed on the all inclusive ale was just tiresome and ultimately pointless.