You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Turkey teeth

Reckoner

Basically I need a bit of cosmetic work done on my teeth. A couple of crowns probably and to whiten some discolouration. I’ll probably have to go private but I’ve heard you can get it done abroad a lot cheaper. I’ve been warned off Turkey as apparently it’s so bad UK dentists refuse to see you after. I’ve heard it’s done in India too.

Has anyone else had treatment done abroad? Or if in liverpool, anywhere you could recommend? Cheers a lot!

I got four crowns done in Goa about 7 years ago (front left tooth was a casualty of thinking I was a natural silly point fielder as a teenager). We took 2.5 weeks holiday, and it was done easily within that time. The cost of the dental work, plus the flights and hotel was less than the UK price for the dental work on 2 teeth, as I remember. No problems with it since then.

The surgery looked very clean, and the dentist was good. The only problem was that Goa was full of obnoxious and aggressive Russian tourists.

• Upvote 1

Got recommended a place in Turkey by a relative who is a dental assistant and the place looked space age in the video and about a quarter of UK prices. Booked in Fethiye last May ( They had an outlet in Antalya also ) but it was obviously cancelled in the interim. Planning on re-booking when it is safe.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jarvinja Ilnow said:

The surgery looked very clean, and the dentist was good. The only problem was that Goa was full of obnoxious and aggressive Russian tourists.

The cunts have ruined Goa. And the locals hate the cheap, haggling ignorant twats aswell 

I didn’t go to a dentist at all for over 10 years then had 4 fillings, teeth whitening (‘perfumed ponce’) and a scale and polish in Kerala, India, for under a hundred quid.

Never had any issues with the work they did, was decent. Needed one separate filling over here in 13 years since.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

We went on a decent all inclusive in Turkey last year and the Russians were awful. Abused the local staff, took absolute liberties with the free buffet and getting pissed by the pool by mid morning most days. 

On the positive side we went to a small apartment block in Benalmadena a few years back with a communal pool and a Russian wife spent the whole week splashing in and out of the pool topless with the best set of tits I have ever set eyes on in my 61 years on the planet. Came back home like a box of Good News with only my back tanned.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 10

4 minutes ago, sir roger said:

On the positive side we went to a small apartment block in Benalmadena a few years back with a communal pool and a Russian wife spent the whole week splashing in and out of the pool topless with the best set of tits I have ever set eyes on in my 61 years on the planet. Came back home like a box of Good News with only my back tanned.

All the women do is fucking pose for pictures all day while the men get rat arsed and snarl every other living organism 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, stringvest said:

Who’d have thought we’d see the day when the English were calling out another nation for being cunts abroad?  Last time I remember that, the war was on. 

I think I’d genuinely prefer a gang of vindaloo union jack shagging stella junkies to a family of Russians 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

We went on a decent all inclusive in Turkey last year and the Russians were awful. Abused the local staff, took absolute liberties with the free buffet and getting pissed by the pool by mid morning most days. 

One of the lads at a beach cafe told me they got used to receiving no tips from the Russians, but that they also don't pay for their meals and drinks - eg. eating most of the meal then saying it was disgusting and they weren't going to pay. At the airport we were all queuing nicely like good Brits, behind the little ribboned-off area and the Russians just queue-jumped the lot of us and kicked over the barriers. The Indian soldiers just stood and watched.

Russian tourists might be cunts but, you have to admit, they get the job done.

Anyway, teeth - yes it was safe, and clean at the surgery. It was quite near to Calungute.

• Upvote 1

Some Russians saved me from drowning in Hurghada about 10 years ago, so apart from abusing everyone in sight, having no manners and generally being cunts they are great impromptu lifeguards.

After saving me they just grunted at me and went back to getting pissed on the beach. No nonsense.

• Upvote 4

19 minutes ago, Elite said:

Some Russians saved me from drowning in Hurghada about 10 years ago, so apart from abusing everyone in sight, having no manners and generally being cunts they are great impromptu lifeguards.

After saving me they just grunted at me and went back to getting pissed on the beach. No nonsense.

Screenshot_20210313-130454_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

I think I’d genuinely prefer a gang of vindaloo union jack shagging stella junkies to a family of Russians 

I had a shit experience with Russians at a hotel in Greece, proper aggressive. Abusing the all inclusive, they love watermelon, rather than just tong a couple of pieces out of the display thing they’d reach in and lift the whole tray out. We were there with another family and there was constant rowing with Russians between the groups. My mate was at the coffee machine one morning and wasn’t moving quick enough for this woman so she reached over and flipped the tap with boiling water on so it went over his arm. It proper kicked off. The kids are fucking horrible as well, dead eyed little bastards. 

• Upvote 5

10 minutes ago, Geoff Woade said:

I had a shit experience with Russians at a hotel in Greece, proper aggressive. Abusing the all inclusive, they love watermelon, rather than just tong a couple of pieces out of the display thing they’d reach in and lift the whole tray out. We were there with another family and there was constant rowing with Russians between the groups. My mate was at the coffee machine one morning and wasn’t moving quick enough for this woman so she reached over and flipped the tap with boiling water on so it went over his arm. It proper kicked off. The kids are fucking horrible as well, dead eyed little bastards. 

That's the scary part. They are literally capable of anything.

Usyk is a prime example of Eastern European dead eyes.

Oleksandr-Usyk_homepage.jpg

Instinctively jumped up and down on the spot mimicking a chimpanzee scratching its armpits, in the face of a Russian behemoth who tried to openly storm in front at the queue for an all-inclusive buffet in Hurghada. I was as surprised as he was, it was the first thing that sprang to mind and followed a week's worth of similarly ill-mannered, aggressive, primitive cuntery from what I came to refer to in general as 'The Red Pig'. 

The ratio appears to be that resort-holidaying Russian husbands have 99/1 of the money and Russian wives 99/1 of the looks, as they were relentlessly middle-aged men with all the shape of a sausage rolling around with very young, extremely slim young mums on their dripping with gold watch-arms. They didn't even bother with the retro-German trick of saving sun-loungers with a towel and would put literally anything down to mark them as theirs, which became a point of amusement to list. The best I saw was someone trying to save one with an apple the evening before, which obviously got lashed into the pool. Also saw Russian families with the pool loungers up on their balconies at night, which they carried back down in the morning, hard-faced and shameless.

Never great to generalise, but they are genuinely a different breed entirely.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Elite said:

Hahahaha superb, probably calling you a soft cunt for the rest of the holiday 

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Dr Nowt said:

Instinctively jumped up and down on the spot mimicking a chimpanzee scratching its armpits, in the face of a Russian behemoth who tried to openly storm in front at the queue for an all-inclusive buffet in Hurghada. I was as surprised as he was, it was the first thing that sprang to mind and followed a week's worth of similarly ill-mannered, aggressive, primitive cuntery from what I came to refer to in general as 'The Red Pig'. 

The ratio appears to be that resort-holidaying Russian husbands have 99/1 of the money and Russian wives 99/1 of the looks, as they were relentlessly middle-aged men with all the shape of a sausage rolling around with very young, extremely slim young mums on their dripping with gold watch-arms. They didn't even bother with the retro-German trick of saving sun-loungers with a towel and would put literally anything down to mark them as theirs, which became a point of amusement to list. The best I saw was someone trying to save one with an apple the evening before, which obviously got lashed into the pool. Also saw Russian families with the pool loungers up on their balconies at night, which they carried back down in the morning, hard-faced and shameless.

Never great to generalise, but they are genuinely a different breed entirely.

Fuck knows why I thought it was a good idea to go Hurghada. Me and my girlfriend were the only English people in the complex, which is not always a bad thing. Unless it's full of Russians instead.

3 minutes ago, Elite said:

Fuck knows why I thought it was a good idea to go Hurghada. Me and my girlfriend were the only English people in the complex, which is not always a bad thing. Unless it's full of Russians instead.

First holiday my ex and I went on about two months in. We were chuckling about it for the next 10 years and ‘Not as bad as a week in Hurghada’ became an in-joke used at all manner, and I really do mean all manner, of things.

1 minute ago, Dr Nowt said:

First holiday my ex and I went on about two months in. We were chuckling about it for the next 10 years and ‘Not as bad as a week in Hurghada’ became an in-joke used at all manner, and I really do mean all manner, of things.

The hotel complex was brilliant and you could book resteraunts for the evening as part of the all-inclusive which were all really nice. Other than that though it was pretty boring apart from the shagging and the excursions.