You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Premier League Round Up (Mar 6-8 2021)

tlw content

For those of you still reading these I salute you. Another grim weekend from our perspective and it’s now reached a stage where I no longer have any idea who we are in competition with and who we need to lose games. I guess it doesn’t matter when we lose every week anyway.

The top four looks like it’s well gone now so we’re almost at the point where we need those above us to keep winning so we can avoid the Europa League spots. Playing on Thursday nights (or even worse, afternoons!) again? Nah, you’re alright. We’ll pass. 

So barring an immediate upturn in results that keep us in contention for the top four, we’re close to being in the situation where we need those around us to win rather than lose. It’s been that kind of season though. Absolutely fucking insane. 

Ok, let's get cracking then. Brighton played quite well again but were beaten by Leicester. Their problems are obvious. They just can’t score the goals to match their nice approach play. A mate said to me this week that they should sign Origi because he’s a good finisher. They could do worse and so could he. If they stay they should be looking at jibbing Welbeck and bringing in Div.

They did take the lead in this game when Lallana ran onto a Maupay pass and finished well. He then hit the bar with a header that would have made it 2-0 and probably seen them pick up maximum points. He also set up a goal for Maupay that was ruled out for offside and generally he ran the show for an hour. His season with them has been pretty much what everyone would have expected. He’s played some decent stuff and been in and out with injuries. Such a shame how his body kept letting him down because an injury free, prime Lallana would get in any midfield in the country. Except one picked by my mum, obviously.

This is just a teaser, click here to view the full article

Please note that PL Round Ups are only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. 

• Upvote 1

• dave u pinned this topic

My boy Bamford had a terrible day in front of goal. Any Other Day he would have had a hat-trick but this was no Bed of Roses for him. There should be No Apologies though, just Blame it on the Love of Rock and Roll Paddy lad. Anyone wanting to have a go at him just needs to Hush. Ok ok I’ll stop now.

This really should have stopped months ago 

• Upvote 4

38 minutes ago, Whelan5 said:

My boy Bamford had a terrible day in front of goal. Any Other Day he would have had a hat-trick but this was no Bed of Roses for him. There should be No Apologies though, just Blame it on the Love of Rock and Roll Paddy lad. Anyone wanting to have a go at him just needs to Hush. Ok ok I’ll stop now.

This really should have stopped months ago 

I'm Always going to do it. 

Kept half an eye on that Dawson lad since he was in the England under-21's and he has made me a few bob betting on him scoring over the years. Odd how some defenders just seem to have the knack while others couldn't score in a brothel. I remember William Gallas explaining his system attacking corners as just aiming to arrive 4 or 5 yards out facing the back post saying you get 5 goals a season from tap ins on deliveries that have avoided everybody or deflected through.

Things like "chimpleton" are why I'm still reading these!

This year has been beyond shite for us, but sooner or later it'll get better. All we can do is grin and bear it until it does. We've had 3 pretty good years and I'm sure there'll be more to come. VAR will get it's reckoning, they're asking all club managers and captains to give feedback on it, can't imagine there'll be too many glowing endorsements.

Apart from the Manc derby result which I accidentally saw on Twitter, this is the first time hearing these results.  Kane is a shoe-in for the FWA player of the year as they've been blowing smoke up his arse all season about his 'assists', the slobbering goon, isn't the PFA one usually voted for around now?

I don't put too much stock in the 'assists' stat but in fairness to Kane most of his have been legit ones. Great through balls and crosses to Son and Bale.

He's by far and away POTY for me.

Still hate him like, but there's no doubt he's a great player.

5 minutes ago, dave u said:

I don't put too much stock in the 'assists' stat but in fairness to Kane most of his have been legit ones. Great through balls and crosses to Son and Bale.

He'd be unbelievable in our team.

Perfect for Mane and Salah.

Prior to the last 12 months I'd have completely disagreed with that, but the way he's developed his game now to be able to drop deep and create as well as play up top and score, yeah, he'd be amazing.

I'd probably still hate him though!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, dave u said:

Him or Fernandes this season, they have both been incredible.

Obviously I have to say I hate them...

...but fuck me would I love either/both in our team right now. 

• dave u unpinned this topic