You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Wolves (A) Premier League - 15/3/21 - 20:00

Bjornebye

1 hour ago, Lee909 said:

Fuck sake Mane

What the fuck is up with him lately

If Wolves had scored from that counter when Mane flopped over, it would have summed up another typical Mane performance. Refusing to go down in the box when fouled then throwing himself down in every other area of the pitch.

Also in recent weeks, he has perfected the act of looking a big threat and having shit end-product simultaneously. He gave Adama Traore a big run for his money in that regard tonight.

Edit - Mane did set up the goal for Jota, so I guess it's too harsh to compare him to Adama Traore.

• Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

That shouldn't make sense, but it does. 

Haha good! I nearly deleted it as I thought it sounds crazy. He has the look and no nonsense style of a work horse gritty midfielder type player, and when he gets the ball all the turn of pace and skill of a 1970’s Brazilian winger.

5 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

I don't generally rate Wolves but they played with really high intensity. Which we matched, but we had very little quality. Thought all 3 in midfield were bad. Thiago, incomprehensibly bad technically. His touch was crap, for some reason. Fabinho was also bad on the ball. Mane was horrific with the ball. He's approaching Firmino levels of shit finishing. 

Kabak was our best player. Trent was also good defensively. 

Yeah we could really do with leaving both Firmino and Mane out for some games

2 hours ago, J-V said:

He's one of the best midfielders around and has been for Years.  I'm sure he can manage to not be sent off.

Well, I like the guy but being one of the best midfielders hasn't stopped Thiago from repeatedly making daft fouls since he joined our team. Klopp knew it was a big risk to let him last more than 65 tonight. Subbed him and rightly so.

7 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

I don't generally rate Wolves but they played with really high intensity. Which we matched, but we had very little quality. Thought all 3 in midfield were bad. Thiago, incomprehensibly bad technically. His touch was crap, for some reason. Fabinho was also bad on the ball. Mane was horrific with the ball. He's approaching Firmino levels of shit finishing. 

Kabak was our best player. Trent was also good defensively. The fact we'd lost 5 of 6 or whatever and this was a win makes this fine, but that wasn't a good performance. 

At least Mane goes from the ridiculous to the sublime within 5 minutes. He’s far more dangerous than Firminho in current form, (but he’s not right.) Agree about Kabak, he was ace, and Phillips made some great interceptions. Do you think we could win the CL with that pairing ?

1 minute ago, Reckoner said:

At least Mane goes from the ridiculous to the sublime within 5 minutes. He’s far more dangerous than Firminho in current form, (but he’s not right.) Agree about Kabak, he was ace, and Phillips made some great interceptions. Do you think we could win the CL with that pairing ?

No, but both are playing as well as can be expected. Kabak, save a few ridiculous moments has looked like a seasoned pro and Phillips, despite obvious limitations, is everything you want in an old school, last ditch defender. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

No, but both are playing as well as can be expected. Kabak, save a few ridiculous moments has looked like a seasoned pro and Phillips, despite obvious limitations, is everything you want in an old school, last ditch defender. 

Yes Kabak has done great when you consider how difficult it must be to come in to that team, at that time of crisis. And at 22? in a foreign league. He’s well worth £20 million in my opinion but I’m probably over reacting to a couple of decent performances. Let’s hope he’s consistent to the end of season - in the CL final v Man City  ( with fans in the stadium). 
hic

18 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

If the other 9 players in our team were all playing well we may have a chance, but so few of them actually are.

26 minutes ago, Supremolad said:

If Wolves had scored from that counter when Mane flopped over, it would have summed up another typical Mane performance. Refusing to go down in the box when fouled then throwing himself down in every other area of the pitch.

Also in recent weeks, he has perfected the act of looking a big threat and having shit end-product simultaneously. He gave Adama Traore a big run for his money in that regard tonight.

Edit - Mane did set up the goal for Jota, so I guess it's too harsh to compare him to Adama Traore.

Sorry to be a negging cunt but Traore is Shakin Stevens and Mané is Elvis, but singing out of tune. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

Your right but I’m dyslexic. So pointing that out is technically a hate crime.

If you were dyslexic there would be a "b" somewhere in there. You don't add letters, you reverse them. Which, if you were dyslexic, you would know. You would also have added the "e" in you're, possibly in the wrong place. 

• Upvote 1

Some stats I put together. 

A midfield three could have started a combined 87 PL games so far this season.

Id say our best possible midfield would be Fabinho, Thiago and Henderson. 

So far this season these three players have started only 29 out of the possible 87 games in midfield, and they have never started a game together in midfield. (Edit - they started against Everton together when Thiago and Van Dijk got injured)

No wonder we have struggled, especially when Van Dijk, Matip and Gomez have started only 20 out of possible 58 games at CB as well. 

22 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

If you were dyslexic there would be a "b" somewhere in there. You don't add letters, you reverse them. Which, if you were dyslexic, you would know. You would also have added the "e" in you're, possibly in the wrong place. 

You’re right. I’m actually just a bit thick.

Although I think it’s pronounced the way I wrote it. Ok, thats a very weak defence haha 

On the song you quoted, you reminded me how much I enjoyed singing it. It would be boss if when fans are allowed back in we kept singing it fucking loud and repeatedly only for him to regain his form.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Fuck.

Me.

Blind.

I thought it would be bad, I didn't realise it was as horrific as that. 

I take it back, they started the manslaughter derby together. 

I have tried to erase that game from my memory. 

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

Yes Kabak has done great when you consider how difficult it must be to come in to that team, at that time of crisis. And at 22? in a foreign league. He’s well worth £20 million in my opinion but I’m probably over reacting to a couple of decent performances. Let’s hope he’s consistent to the end of season - in the CL final v Man City  ( with fans in the stadium). 
hic

He’s 20.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, aRdja said:

He’s 20.

Must have got his age mixed up with the potential price tag. I’m sure there was a 22 in there somewhere...

At 20 to play like tonight and Tuesday-that’s a serious achievement though, particularly at CB, with the current situation. When I was 20 I was smoking bad ‘rocky’ and trying to write songs on a cheap guitar whilst living with my mum. Thought I was Thom Yorke.

He has shown great maturity is my point.

3 hours ago, Anubis said:

Hoddle now regaling us with his war stories about how he was knocked out a couple of times on the field of play, and how he was discharged the next day and played three days later.

Explains a lot. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Reckoner said:

not while City are still there

57 minutes ago, leslie said:

not while City are still there

People say this every year. They’ll brick it. Same as PSG. I’m pissed so I’ll say it’s sentimental and say it’s because to win the European cup you need to be a proper club with fans to get you through the knockouts. That’s definitely part of it. 

So as someone funny said a few days ago, and I paraphrase, to sum up Leslie, fuck their tinpot club, and anything they win, the gang of fucking cunts.

I actually thought Mane wasn’t too bad tonight ,  yeah he fucked up a few times and I’d have been fuming if they’d have scored at the end but for the first time in a while his strength seemed to be there as well as his pace and he was taking players on...And he put a shift in 

• Upvote 4

Jota has made a massive difference to our front three already. Although he is still a bit rusty he is allowing so much more movement and fluidity up front. I thought Mane played well apart from his finishing and although Gini did a disappearing act after a great performance v Leipzig the midfield did enough without being spectacular. You cant help but love Phillips at the back.even if he is as slow as a cruise liner trying to dock. Andy Robbo is a great player for three quarters of the pitch but for the positions he gets into his final balls are almost always really poor. But three points is three points.

• Upvote 1