You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Wolves (A) Premier League - 15/3/21 - 20:00

Bjornebye

6 hours ago, Reckoner said:

Yes Kabak has done great when you consider how difficult it must be to come in to that team, at that time of crisis. And at 22? in a foreign league. He’s well worth £20 million in my opinion but I’m probably over reacting to a couple of decent performances. Let’s hope he’s consistent to the end of season - in the CL final v Man City  ( with fans in the stadium). 
hic

He is 20.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Stickman said:

I actually thought Mane wasn’t too bad tonight ,  yeah he fucked up a few times and I’d have been fuming if they’d have scored at the end but for the first time in a while his strength seemed to be there as well as his pace and he was taking players on...And he put a shift in 

That’s the way I saw it.

On a side note/ - Personally I absolutely love Mane, I think he’s hugely underrated even at the current hype. There more to come from him, he’s potentially an unbelievable footballer. He’s our best player in my opinion.
Or is all of that obvious? 
  I watched loads of goals on YouTube the other day involving our front three. What I noticed was how Salah and Mane set each other up, loads, and that they actually celebrate together loads. 

7 hours ago, Supremolad said:

Well, I like the guy but being one of the best midfielders hasn't stopped Thiago from repeatedly making daft fouls since he joined our team. Klopp knew it was a big risk to let him last more than 65 tonight. Subbed him and rightly so.

After the yellow he didn’t make another foul so No.

8 hours ago, sir roger said:

The only thing I did agree with , and I have mentioned it a few times, is that it was only a matter of time before an injury was caused in a passage of play that had no reason to be played.

Injuries are being caused by passages of play that had no reason to be played and that's mad. In this instance though, I thought the offside shout against Mo was VERY tight. We got one replay and the freezeframe looked like the ball had already been played. In other words it was even tighter than it looked. Yes, I know they'd have drawn the lines to make sure it was offside, but it was a very tight call. I think the lino was right in this instance. There were other offsides in the game, at least two on their attacks, which were far more blatant and weren't flagged. 

Absolutely the linos should be flagging stuff that's obvious, but I didn't think this example was. 

9 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Good win really needed. I think its clear we are going to drop more points I'd be surprised if we manage to beat either Arsenal or Villa. I guess the league games are just playing it our for form for the champions league.

Truly dogshit season.

Yeah I found myself getting wound up last night, I think after everyone dropped points at the weekend it gave me hope again. Then I looked at our fixtures and the table and realised we've no chance. So fuck it and just hope for the best in champions league. 

We have played a lot better this season and got beat. That's the way it goes but we are a million miles away from the team we were a year ago. Klopp clearly doesn't know the solution so I'm fucked if I do.  I suppose getting VvD and Hendo back would be a start but beyond that I'm at a loss.  On reflection I'm not so sure we would have lived with City this season anyway despite the events of the Woodison game. In a concertinaed season on the back of two years of high octane football their squad was always likely to be a major factor . That said the collapse over the last couple of months is dreadful . 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Reckoner said:

People say this every year. They’ll brick it. Same as PSG. I’m pissed so I’ll say it’s sentimental and say it’s because to win the European cup you need to be a proper club with fans to get you through the knockouts. That’s definitely part of it. 

So as someone funny said a few days ago, and I paraphrase, to sum up Leslie, fuck their tinpot club, and anything they win, the gang of fucking cunts.

I think this is Citys biggest chance to win the CL ever looking at the teams left and their form.

3 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Good win really needed. I think its clear we are going to drop more points I'd be surprised if we manage to beat either Arsenal or Villa. I guess the league games are just playing it out for form for the champions league.

Truly dogshit season.

Our maximum this season is 73 points (if we win all the remaining games)

4th place the last 10 seasons has been (2010-2011 - 2019-2020): 68-69-73-79-70-66-76-75-66

Not much room for error if we're going to have any chance of ending 4th or better.

Ome more M City win and they'll be out of reach (they currently have 71 p)

1 hour ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Ill take the points, but boy are we poor. Never seen such shoddy passing and control. And that last few minutes were Traore walked around our players as they did their keystone cops routine...goodness me.

Yeah I thought we were quite poor, although I did have a dream we got beat 10 nil by Chelsea last night so that might be clouding my judgement.

Why is it that we labour and huff and puff to get through teams, and they just seem to run in straight lines towards our goal while everyone panics? Is it because we only have a midfield 3? 

6 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

We are notoriously shit after a break even though we seem to call for breaks louder than everybody else. Can we just opt out for the rest of the league campaign there's no way in hell we will be anywhere near 4th.

Chelsea, Villa, Everton etc all still have to play City again, and we dont. So thats 3 points made up. It'll take a bit of good luck and for us to stop losing every home game, but its possible.

17 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

Chelsea, Villa, Everton etc all still have to play City again, and we dont. So thats 3 points made up. It'll take a bit of good luck and for us to stop losing every home game, but its possible.

We play Arsenal, Leeds and United away, and Villa at Anfield over the next five games before a run of 'easier' games to see out the season.

Chelsea on the other hand have a few bankers coming up but finish the season with the below six fixtures, if they're not well ahead of the chasing pack by then I can see them tumbling down the table. I reckon West Ham may just pull it off given their relatively easy fixture list.

Screenshot_20210318-013606~2.png