You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Wolves (A) Premier League - 15/3/21 - 20:00

Bjornebye

It sounds like it was a bit of a slog, but coming out of a rut often starts like that. If we do that game after game, some of the metrics should improve too. We should score goals earlier, look more composed and dangerous, create more opportunities and, crucially, finish off more chances.

Rui Patricio had a game to forget. Fortunately for him, he probably has. *crickets* Hopefully it's not too bad and he can return as soon as possible. Was the John Ruddy sub the first concussion sub in the PL? I know the idea was brought in a couple of months ago for just such a scenario but I don't remember if it's ever happened.

5 minutes ago, magicrat said:

Tyler must be gutted his 10 minute sermon on the dangers of football and how much he cares for the welfare of the players was all in vain and the lad is sitting up and ok. 

The only thing I did agree with , and I have mentioned it a few times, is that it was only a matter of time before an injury was caused in a passage of play that had no reason to be played.

Funny to read the Tyler comments. After that one about Julius Ceaser I switched to a Spanish commentary. At the end I had no ideas why the game had stopped but using my GCSE Spanish deduced that a...cat had ordered an ...ice cream?

It still made more sense than the guardian live commentary.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Trumo said:

It sounds like it was a bit of a slog, but coming out of a rut often starts like that. If we do that game after game, some of the metrics should improve too. We should score goals earlier, look more composed and dangerous, create more opportunities and, crucially, finish off more chances.

Rui Patricio had a game to forget. Fortunately for him, he probably has. *crickets* Hopefully it's not too bad and he can return as soon as possible. Was the John Ruddy sub the first concussion sub in the PL? I know the idea was brought in a couple of months ago for just such a scenario but I don't remember if it's ever happened.

The bloos wont be happy about that. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

Funny to read the Tyler comments. After that one about Julius Ceaser I switched to a Spanish commentary. At the end I had no ideas why the game had stopped but using my GCSE Spanish deduced that a...cat had ordered an ...ice cream?

Beware the snides of March.  The hackneyed old cunt needs a bolt gun to his head. 

• Upvote 1

Similar performance to last season there where we dogged it out until Bobby’s late winner. Trent v Neto was comfortably won by the supposedly can’t defend for toffee full back. 

I usually castigate refs but thought Pawson was decent tonight. That challenge in the 1st minute would have been given against us in normal circumstances. He’s obviously not in the WhatsApp group.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, sir roger said:

The only thing I did agree with , and I have mentioned it a few times, is that it was only a matter of time before an injury was caused in a passage of play that had no reason to be played.

I was only saying that to the other half, just blow the whistle for offside otherwise someone could get injured for nothing. Same too when it's offside and then a corner or free kick is given, it's fucking stupid shit. 

14 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

There was one that I forgot to mention during the game. He was talking about the dangers of going in with studs up and he started wibbling that you don't get injured with dome studs; with molded soles any injury depends on the force of the impact.

(Presumably, with screw-in studs, you can get injured even if they don't touch you.)

Tyler's in that phase that Motson was for his last few years; like a blind, incontinent, lame old dog, who you know you should have put down, as a kindness to everyone, but he's been around so long he's part of the family. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, AngryofTuebrook said:

Tyler's in that phase that Motson was for his last few years; like a blind, incontinent, lame old dog, who you know you should have put down, as a kindness to everyone, but he's been around so long he's part of the family. 

12 minutes ago, magicrat said:

The hackneyed old cunt needs a bolt gun to his head. 

I tried to put it more gently, but... yeah.

24 minutes ago, magicrat said:

Beware the snides of March.  The hackneyed old cunt needs a bolt gun to his head. 

Haha brilliant. There were so many snide remarks about Klopp in that period I actually found it amusing. His co commentator, (can't remember who it was but he was ok) just sat there he silence, probably with an expression a bit like this.

28F05E25-6F24-49EF-B985-483F50654249.png

2 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

Haha brilliant. There were so many snide remarks about Klopp in that period I actually found it amusing. His co commentator, (can't remember who it was but he was ok) just sat there he silence, probably with an expression a bit like this.

7C31E7AA-63DF-44A0-8A3C-C83E5833B5A8.jpeg

Don Goodman. He did show his Wolves allegiance a couple of times but generally he was ok.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Don Goodman. He did show his Wolves allegiance a couple of times but generally he was ok.

Yeah that’s right. He was only ok related to the general standard. Having an obvious bias is fine though, it’s how honest you are about it. It’s the snideyness pretending to be neutral that I can’t stand. You could say it’s only football but Tyler makes remarks about people’s character, particularly if they are some foreign type.

Re Motson, not having that. He was a lovely fella who was obsessed with footy, he just want a bit doolally.- update- that’s meant to be a reply for mr Tuebrook sorry!

34 minutes ago, Trumo said:

Nah. Sideshow has that accolaide when he replace that Rob Holding in a game.

Just now, LFC 6 Times said:

I absolutely love how simply Jota plays the game, just so effective no fucking around and absolutely superb off the ball too.

It might be me being a bit thick ( no, really) but I’m still constantly surprised at how skilful he is. He just doesn’t look like a skilful player until he gets the ball. 

6 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

Re Motson, not having that. He was a lovely fella who was obsessed with footy, he just want a bit doolally.- update- that’s meant to be a reply for mr Tuebrook sorry!

That's my point. He went a bit doolally - and really, really bad at commentating; not knowing what was going on; being 5 minutes late with his comments, etc - but kept going at the job for years after it was clear he could no longer do it. 

• Upvote 1

I don't generally rate Wolves but they played with really high intensity. Which we matched, but we had very little quality. Thought all 3 in midfield were bad. Thiago, incomprehensibly bad technically. His touch was crap, for some reason. Fabinho was also bad on the ball. Mane was horrific with the ball. He's approaching Firmino levels of shit finishing. 

Kabak was our best player. Trent was also good defensively. The fact we'd lost 5 of 6 or whatever and this was a win makes this fine, but that wasn't a good performance. 

• Upvote 1