You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Wolves (A) Premier League - 15/3/21 - 20:00

Bjornebye

Fucking grim that not helped by that horrible injury and Tylers impression of a bereavement councillor.

Ali was a nervous wreck and Thiago brutal. Luckily the two CB's had a very solid game. . Still cant score to save our lives. Anyway winning any league game is a very strange feeling . 

4 minutes ago, Freddo said:

Any thoughts on sadios performance tonight. It's clear to me that something isn't right with him. I thought he had a pretty bad game here. Anyhow, good win and lets see if we can give a few sides something to think about 

Thought he was full of effort , was involved twice in the lead up to the goal and a positive seemed his strength seems to be returning , but on the other hand his touch was nowhere near previous standards and his decision making was poor generally.

• Upvote 1

All about small steps.

We are almost restarting from scratch.

Tonight was ugly, proper ugly....but teams don't often bounce straight out of shite runs with big wins and flowing footy.

We showed more grit and bollocks than of late and got a result....something to build on and some green shoots.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Freddo said:

Any thoughts on sadios performance tonight. It's clear to me that something isn't right with him. I thought he had a pretty bad game here. Anyhow, good win and lets see if we can give a few sides something to think about 

He needs a spell out of the team for sure trouble is there is no one to come in. 

9 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Thought he was full of effort , was involved twice in the lead up to the goal and a positive seemed his strength seems to be returning , but on the other hand his touch was nowhere near previous standards and his decision making was poor generally.

Yeah, other than when deciding what to do and doing it, he had a decent game.

A welcome 3 points and a clean sheet but fuck me, I dont know about a throw in coach, we need someone to teach our players how to block tackle. Fucking desparation stuff in the last few minutes with Fabinho, Milner and a few others throwing themselves towards the ball and letting that Adama in particular skip away from them.

Stay on your fucking feet might help, actually looking at the fucking ball might, as well. Im fucking fed up of seeing all our players easily beaten like that. Fuck me, I reckon Id come away with the ball more often than not against them. Fucking rant over.

Thought that was an open game and a bit too open at times. As mentioned before, I didnt think Jota's shot had gone in but with a bit of help from the keeper, it did.

Some will disagree about the possible pen by Alli in the first 2 minutes but I think he's a bit lucky getting away with that. I know Id be shouting for a pen at Anfield if the oppo keeper came out, lost the ball and clattered one of our front three.

I really dont know what's going on with Sadio. His finishing is all over the place. Yet again, he could have gone down in the box when the keeper caught his foot but he doesnt want Mo getting th epens, does he?

He had a really strange game in my opinion. Some real moments of brilliance but then let down by a poor touch, poor decision making or both. He currently looks more like the raw Sadio we bought from Southampton not the one ripping oppos new ones over the last couple of years.

Thiago seem to want to assume Lucas' mantle of giving away stupid free kicks. Was he like this with Bayern? It's going to catch up with him one day if \ when Jurgen doesnt sub him off soon enough and a ref is going to give him a 2nd yellow. Thought Gini was very laboured tonight.

Nat and Kabak had good games overall although Nat was taken out by a couple of Wolves moves. Jota was lively all game, less so Mo although I didnt think he was as anonymous as some say.

That incident with their keeper. We werent allowed to see the incident so dont know what happened. It certainly wasnt Mo who caught him and the suggestion is it was Coady?

But the question is, who decides whether it's a concussion incident meaning they can bring on a 4th sub or just a knock which would have meant they finish with 10 men as I think they'd used their regulation 3?

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, magicrat said:

Fucking grim that not helped by that horrible injury and Tylers impression of a bereavement councillor.

Ali was a nervous wreck and Thiago brutal. Luckily the two CB's had a very solid game. . Still cant score to save our lives. Anyway winning any league game is a very strange feeling . 

I dont understand how professional players can be nervous in empty fucking stadiums! They're going to be shell shocked playing in front of full houses again.

14 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

For a day that started with a dirty bastard putting gravy on his scrambled eggs its not ended too badly. Hope Patricio is ok. 

No eggs and no gravy. Sausages wrapped in bacon, sweet potato wedges with beans. Couple of bread rolls and a 1-0 win. 

I liked it. We showed up. We fought. We grafted.

Key ingredients that have been missing for far too long.

Jota up top and Fabinho in the 6 gives us a proper spine again.

Kabak and Phillips - fair play to both. Limited but doing everything we need them to do right now.

I thought Mane was much improved too. Looked more like his old self and hopefully captures his proper form for the run in.

That diving header would have been some goal.

If the front 3 click into form and we get Hendo back (with no more injuries, obviously) we've got a proper side again.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

I dont understand how professional players can be nervous in empty fucking stadiums! They're going to be shell shocked playing in front of full houses again.

I'd imagine some need the atmosphere to get the adrenaline flowing.

• Upvote 1