You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool 0 Fulham 1 (Mar 7 2021)

tlw content

4 hours ago, Pidge said:

Just realised they played seven loanees. That's mental.

1 hour ago, dave u said:

Probably shouldn't be allowed that. I always thought the limit was three!

According to the PL website "The maximum number of loans registrable in the same season (to a club) is four, and, under no circumstances, shall more than one be from the same club at any one time."

If they played 7 loanees in the same team surely that's a breach so the number of loanees is either incorrect or they're busted.

Didnt Watford have 7 loanees in the same team a few years back and the authorities clamped down on it?

I think our loss of form is not down to the CBs but, at the same time, it kinda is. Whoever plays there (often first choice midfielders) lack the pace of VVD and Joe leaving us vulnerable to a long ball and a tendency to drop off a little more.

This means our midfield 3, who have to do most of the running to press the opposition, have a greater area to cover resulting in the press not being as effective. The full backs are not quite as high either - how often do we see Robbo or TAA behind the opposition these days? - and fall between the two stools of attacking and defending.

This means Bobby has more area to cover and is no longer the world's most effective No 10 (Klopp quote 2015?). In turn, this means the front players are not as well supported as they might and, combined with a lack of confidence, results in us being a shadow of the team we were 12 months ago.

Not a lot we can do about it right now although I would persevere with CBs at CB and get Fab and Hendo (when available) back into midfield. The League is pretty much a write off now but anything can happen in a cup competition so let's hope for a result tonight and a favourable draw.

• Upvote 1

On 09/03/2021 at 23:45, m0e said:

Thought as much.

What a whiny little bellend you are. I don't have to write an analysis of Liverpool's form just because you say so you tit.

Someone put up an excellent piece (which i stated in my OP) but i disagreed with the overall premise.

That's it. Now Fuck Off.

• dave u unpinned this topic
7 hours ago, index1000 said:

What a whiny little bellend you are. I don't have to write an analysis of Liverpool's form just because you say so you tit.

Someone put up an excellent piece (which i stated in my OP) but i disagreed with the overall premise.

That's it. Now Fuck Off.

HardUncomfortableIrukandjijellyfish-small.gif