You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

We can’t carry on like this.

Crazy Dave

Just now, Captain Turdseye said:

It’s looking likely that Roy Hodgson will be a free agent in the summer. Could be an option. Knows the league well, international experience...

What are Reina, Poulsen, Konchesky, Raul Miereles and Ngog doing these days?. Let's get the band back together.

1 minute ago, Doctor Troy said:

It's basically the worst time to expect them to put up money. They make excuses not to spend when everything is in place for them and the income is at a maximum. 

They will do less than what they have already done. 

Fans will be back next season and I think there will be a massive backlash as far as FSG are concerned.

26 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

But you make your own luck. I don't think luck is that random..you can't help big injuries etc, but you can help how you react to them. Last year we won loads of matches late in the game. You can call that luck. Or you can call it "mentality monsters". I don't think it was luck. We've had barely an injury to our front 3 in years, so we can't weep too much when our 4th choice forward gets injured in a dead rubber. Someone has to play - and what if it hadn't been a dead rubber? We've mostly put a strong team out through this bad run. I'll put it another way, if you look match to match who we've played through this bad run, how many of the opposition would get a game for us, aside from playing city, you'd mostly just say the centre backs? So we're normally better in 9 of 11 positions and still lose. All the mentality stuff we had the last 2 years has gone.  You make your own luck and we're not doing that right now. 

Last season we didn't have many injuries. This year we have and we haven't reacted well to them both on and off the field. 

If Jota had got injured in a game that we needed to get a result from then so be it, but it was stupid to risk him and Salah in a meaningless game. Especially considering Klopp was heavily slating the fixture schedule at that point. We should have played the kids in that one and left the first team at home. Jota wasn't just our 4th choice either, he was pushing to take the place of either Mane or Firmino at that point. 

I think there are a number of problems. We lack a voice and leadership without VVD, Henderson or Milner, and Milner looks to be really struggling with the pace of the game now.  TAA and Robertson don't look the same players without the defensive shield in the centre and both are better going forward than they are defensively. 

You've got to laugh when some nobody cunt who lives in his mummies basement thinks he knows more about "tactics* then Jurgen klopp. 

This season is done and has been since January 2nd.  More fool anyone who watched that side today and wondered how a back four with three players who wouldn't make sheff United bench lost the game. 

25 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

Matip started that game with Fabinho and we had Henderson in midfield.

Minamino started the FA Cup game against the Villa under 18's and looked weaker than most of their team! 

I think the Minamino and Thiago issues kind of encapsulate one of our tactical problems. Minamino is no top player and was probably bought largely because he was a cheap investment, but if you're going to buy these technical players that want the ball to feet and play on the ground to kind of revolutionize your team and to be quote "less predictable", we should probably realize that if we keep playing direct football and trying to pick up second balls high up the pitch to create most of our chances, these players won't work.

Same for Keita and Shaqiri. I had no idea what they were supposed to be doing today. They both tried to link up on the edge of the box and do quick one two's when they could, but otherwise, in the first half, the ball was systematically going over their heads.

Other than Jota, it seems like our recruitment recently has been geared towards getting players that fit another style of football that we're supposed to be evolving towards, except we aren't evolving, we're trying to play the same way. The game you mentioned against Villa in the FA cup, Minamino's performance made no sense. He's not that bad. And Thiago shouldn't be struggling at times in this team, but he is. 

Watched the manc derby and what stood out to me was the pressure each side was putting on the opposition real physical intensity for nearly the full 90 . It's no coincidence that a couple of sides that started the season slowly have gained momentum slowly and relentlessly. Essentially we like Chelsea and villa started well and peaked October /November . Physically we cannot get a second wind or retrieve the season because of our exertions previous three seasons. Resting and rotating was never going to get us through as there was a core of about 7 players who needed managing and we didn't have that many replacements. Injuries were the icing on the cake . Let's just ride this one out and start again properly next season. 

1 hour ago, MegadriveMan said:

We've lost the spine of the team this season. We've gone from having VVD and Gomez at centre half with Fabinho and Henderson in front of them doing the defensive work required to get the best out TAA and Robertson. 

Over the last two seasons we found a system that worked perfectly with the players we had. I think we all knew that it was a very fragile team though that was only 2 or 3 injuries away from struggling. If we had only lost VVD this year, I think we'd be second right now. Behind City, but ahead of the rest. Matip and Gomez at centre back with Fabinho and Henderson in front of them would have been fine. It's no coincidence that the more defensive players we have lost, the more games we have lost.  

As far anyone wanting Klopp out, who the fuck is going to do a better job next year with no Champions League

football on offer and the usual sell to buy first transfer budget?

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

But you make your own luck. I don't think luck is that random..you can't help big injuries etc, but you can help how you react to them. Last year we won loads of matches late in the game. You can call that luck. Or you can call it "mentality monsters". I don't think it was luck. We've had barely an injury to our front 3 in years, so we can't weep too much when our 4th choice forward gets injured in a dead rubber. Someone has to play - and what if it hadn't been a dead rubber? We've mostly put a strong team out through this bad run. I'll put it another way, if you look match to match who we've played through this bad run, how many of the opposition would get a game for us, aside from playing city, you'd mostly just say the centre backs? So we're normally better in 9 of 11 positions and still lose. All the mentality stuff we had the last 2 years has gone.  You make your own luck and we're not doing that right now. 

Sorry for triple post but couldn't get ye olde multiquote to work. 

Mega and Barry sum it up. 

Personally, I've been happy to ride the wave of the incredible success so I'll take the lows. This season is spam now so I will treat it as such. Footy is a massive part of my life but not going to let it fuck up the way I'm feeling day to day.

Next year we will be a different proposition when the fans are back. 

1 hour ago, Reckoner said:

Missing the fans? Maybe but during bad runs in the past Anfield has either been deadly silent or toxic. Probably for the best half the main stand isn’t there.

We are currently worse than Houlliers last season. Somethings got to give, injuries or not we are a fucking shambles.

Opposition players are less sure of themselves and can get rattled when playing in front of big away crowds. I don’t think we’d have lost six on the bounce. Freak season in my opinion.

The Summer is make or break in my view.

Barring not far off a miracle now we are going to be without European Cup football and so that is going to mean a big drop in money coming in.

Now of course there is a problem as well in can you still attract the best players/ones you want - and that is an issue...but the more important issue for me is are you willing to try, and try properly.

We have seen Man Utd and Chelsea miss out on top 4 in recent years and still act like big clubs, still going into transfer market with intent....we need to do same, act like a lower tier club and we will soon become one - this summer is about holding our nerve as a club and backing the manager to arrest a slide and help us 'go again' over coming years.

It means to me anyway that FSG have to be willing to back Klopp, we have to go for and go for hard our priority signings in the obvious areas of need - no fucking about low-balling, and offering low wages and then shopping in the bargains aisle - be a big club, with big intentions.

We can raise some money hopefully from jibbing the permacrocks and the fringe players who add nothing and with a proper investment too go into next season with a stronger, fitter and more balanced squad....one full of winners and with new fresh top quality additions in key areas.

If we don't then sadly we are on a one way ticket back to where we were when Klopp joined.

10 minutes ago, an tha said:

Barring not far off a miracle now we are going to be without European Cup football and so that is going to mean a big drop in money coming in.

Now of course there is a problem as well in can you still attract the best players/ones you want - and that is an issue...but the more important issue for me is are you willing to try, and try properly.

We have seen Man Utd and Chelsea miss out on top 4 in recent years and still act like big clubs, still going into transfer market with intent....we need to do same, act like a lower tier club and we will soon become one - this summer is about holding our nerve as a club and backing the manager to arrest a slide and help us 'go again' over coming years.

It means to me anyway that FSG have to be willing to back Klopp, we have to go for and go for hard our priority signings in the obvious areas of need - no fucking about low-balling, and offering low wages and then shopping in the bargains aisle - be a big club, with big intentions.

We can raise some money hopefully from jibbing the permacrocks and the fringe players who add nothing and with a proper investment too go into next season with a stronger, fitter and more balanced squad....one full of winners and with new fresh top quality additions in key areas.

If we don't then sadly we are on a one way ticket back to where we were when Klopp joined.

Klopps in a perfect position now to call them out. John Henry should be getting the Back me or sack me texts  when the yacht next docks 

3 minutes ago, Red74 said:

Klopps in a perfect position now to call them out. John Henry should be getting the Back me or sack me texts  when the yacht next docks 

He needs to kidnap Linda and post a ransom note.

I have the perfect place he can keep her - she'll be well looked after...

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Red74 said:

Maybe Klopps worried that if he does that they might just sack him and Klopp doesnt want to leave, Henry and Werner are business men 1st and foremost they dont care if Klopp is upset or even if the fans become upset with them, they will treat it as any other business decision one manager goes another comes in who in their opinion has a good C.V. they are not fans like us, Klopp knows we the fans would back him 100% but if he takes on the owners (Like Rafa) then there is usually only 1 winner the owners know that even if they were daft enough to sack klopp the fans would be in uproar but 55,000 would still turn up everyweek and support the team they'd still see "their business" turn a profit. Rafa tried to take on the owners imo it affected his team selections and the results he was pre occupied and he has been trying to come back here since the day he left and by his own admission wants to manage Liverpool again and i think thats also in Klopps thoughts if he did prove a point to FSG and quit then he would probably have "unfinished business" with us and he would never get the chance to come back.

The 'mentality monsters' thing was always bollocks.  I don't believe there are players in our squad, with the exception of VVD, Mane, Salah and Milner, who have a strong winners mentality.  Not Fabinho, not Henderson, not Robertson, not any of them.  

They were dragged into being a successful team by Klopp's mentality.  The sheer force of that will and mentality picked the rest of that group up and ordered them to play like world beaters.  They were not allowed to do anything else.  They knew Klopp would not settle for less from anyone.  Then it became a self-fulfilling prophecy, and it lasted a few golden years.  

Now, for whatever reason, the energy has gone.  The force of will and mentality is not there.  And the players, god love them, don't have it within themselves to replace it.  Klopp's forcefield of invincibility is not there to protect and lift them any more.   

So, Klopp needs to reflect, to gather himself up, and to rediscover the energy and desire.  Or we need players who can dig deep and find that energy and will to win all on their own.

Or - option 3 - we just keep having something to bitch about on here every day.  

Is there a more rollercoaster football team than LFC. We get the highest highs you can get in football and incredible lows, were the only side in this country who can win a European cup when we were shit. How buzzing where other fans when Barca beat us 3 nil after losing the final the year before they where made up and then we won 4 nil and the fuckers just couldn't believe it.  Yeah this season is a write off much like City's last season. I've no doubts on Klopp only on FSG in the next window.

37 minutes ago, an tha said:

We always were on that ticket with these owners.

It's not far off guaranteed that we will act like we always do in the transfer market, and probably be even more tight.

My worry is that Klopp doesn't want to start afresh.  Building on top of succes is one thing, starting from scratch is another, especially with the emotional energy and enthusiasm Klopp puts into his work. 

We're not at scratch yet but in one summer it looks like several first team players may need replacing, it looks a hefty job.