You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

We can’t carry on like this.

Crazy Dave

This isn't the time for either the club or Klopp to make rash decisions. We should be safe from relegation so at least that's something in our favour. Let's just accept this season is a total fucking write-off and get ready for the new season. 

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

If we'd have had decent back up this shambles wouldnt have happened. So its Klopp's fault? You want him sacked?

What the hell are you talking about? Why would you jump to a conclusion like that? I'm saying, not "strengthening from a position of strength" could explain not winning the title this season. But it definitely doesn't explain us turning into an absolute relegation quality shitshow of a team. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

45 minutes ago, Crazy Dave said:

Six home defeats in a row. One goal (a penalty) at Anfield this year. One first half goal in thirteen games. 

I’m not advocating for a managerial change but is there a point when enough is enough? This is the most dreadful run of form I can remember for 30 years. We can’t even fashion a single chance in our home games. 

You're right that this can't carry on and if the players were playing in front of fans they'd be under no illusion about that. The worry for me is we seem to be sleepwalking through this, which it seems to me they think it's just alright. This can't carry on till the summer. If klopp is part of the problem because he's not right because of his personal problems(personally his team selection today would say yes), then give him some time to sort himself out. Let him go home, see his family and disappear for a month or whatever he meeds. Recharge, recover a little and maybe when he's back his backup team have helped us turn the corner.

We'd think nothing of taking a player out for a bit if his mind wasn't right, why is the manager any different - especially as it seems to me he's the one who sets the mood? Not for the 1st time he looked broken after the match. We shouldn't keep pushing him till he makes the decision like we did with Kenny 30 years ago. We all know klopp is the best thing to happen to LFC since Kenny. Let's take care of him and his back room team sort the boys on the pitch if that's what it needs.

Otherwise send a few fans into training to put these cunts right, because the level of effort is becoming less acceptable by the game - today wasn't even the worst example, but it was the lack of reaction to the results that have gone before that is the most worrying..it cannot continue.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

It is literally just a game. Enjoy it when we win, shrug it off if we don't. Not sure if it's because I'm getting older, but I'm just not feeling all the hysteria. Go out for a walk. Get some air. Fucked if I’m letting a football match ruin my day.

It was great seeing this team win pretty much everything in the last couple of years. There are far more significant things happening this year that make football far less important. Perspective needed, I'd actually go further and say if losing a football match is the worst thing happening in your life then you must be doing very well and have some minor problems to deal with. 

15 minutes ago, YNWA-Viking said:

Klopp should stay 100 % but that does not make him devoid of criticism for the team he picked today. 

He takes some of the blame but the players have disgraced themselves with that result. Everything is falling on Klopp and the players are getting away with no criticism at all. I would fuck all of them off before the manager, it's not even a difficult decision for me. Fuck them all off and let Klopp build another world class team. He's done it once and he'd do it again.

It's almost as if we've had no fans at Anfield all season, as if Klopp's mum died, Allison's dad died in a drowning accident, we've had an injury list a million miles long and the board under investing in the squad. Imagine if all that happened. How awful would that be. Imagine the impact on the team.

Fuck it though eh, we can't carry on like this. Let's advocate some undefined changes. 

• Upvote 4

I just think the motivation has gone.  It's highly unusual to lose it to this extent but we're playing in highly unusual times.  Klopp is an emotional man whose teams play on emotion.  When you finally achieve the ultimate, then you have to come back the following season with your main motivation gone and all emotion removed from the game, it's got to be incredibly hard to get back up for that.  Add in the unprecedented injuries, the helplessness in the face of dodgy refereeing, and of course key personnel being affected by bereavement...it all adds up to where we are today.

Got to hope that for the Jürgen and the players sake that they can find some professional pride and motivation in the CL as that's now our only route back into the competition.  If not I still believe that with a few new faces and a good rest for all concerned (and the return of crowds) we can come back season. 

But we as fans need to face the fact that we were never building a dynasty, we don't have the owners for that. 

We are a shooting star running on Klopp's energy, we've shone really bright and may yet do so again while we have Jurgen.  Here's hoping.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Redder Lurtz said:

It's almost as if we've had no fans at Anfield all season, as if Klopp's mum died, Allison's dad died in a drowning accident, we've had an injury list a million miles long and the board under investing in the squad. Imagine if all that happened. How awful would that be. Imagine the impact on the team.

Fuck it though eh, we can't carry on like this. Let's advocate some undefined changes. 

Mad innit?

12 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

You're right that this can't carry on and if the players were playing in front of fans they'd be under no illusion about that. The worry for me is we seem to be sleepwalking through this, which it seems to me they think it's just alright. This can't carry on till the summer. If klopp is part of the problem because he's not right because of his personal problems(personally his team selection today would say yes), then give him some time to sort himself out. Let him go home, see his family and disappear for a month or whatever he meeds. Recharge, recover a little and maybe when he's back his backup team have helped us turn the corner.

We'd think nothing of taking a player out for a bit if his mind wasn't right, why is the manager any different - especially as it seems to me he's the one who sets the mood? Not for the 1st time he looked broken after the match. We shouldn't keep pushing him till he makes the decision like we did with Kenny 30 years ago. We all know klopp is the best thing to happen to LFC since Kenny. Let's take care of him and his back room team sort the boys on the pitch if that's what it needs.

Otherwise send a few fans into training to put these cunts right, because the level of effort is becoming less acceptable by the game - today wasn't even the worst example, but it was the lack of reaction to the results that have gone before that is the most worrying..it cannot continue.

I thought your answer was that Thiago is the reason for all of this. Should’nt be too hard to fix if that is the case. 

I said a few weeks ago in a different thread that I’d fuck all the players off before Jurgen. And I stand by that, but we’re that’s hardly realistic is it. 

I’m worried about Jurgen. He hasn’t seemed himself for much of the season and some of the strange decisions he’s making lately are starting to remind me of what Houllier and Benitez were doing in their final years here. 

Something is wrong that goes beyond the issues at centre back. The players don’t seem to give an absolute fuck anymore. I don’t know whether there’s issues in the dressing room, or whether some of them have just fallen off of a cliff physically. God help us if that’s the case because we won’t be able to afford to replace them with anything like the quality they once were. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Crazy Dave said:

I’m advocating that we at least begin the conversation that Jurgen might not be here next season. Whether he chooses to walks away or FSG fires him, it’s no longer unthinkable that he doesn’t see out his contract here. 

I would never call for the man to be fired. He’s a fucking legend, but if it was anybody else then I’d want them out. I just can’t believe that all this is happening on Klopp’s watch and I’m worried that he can’t turn this around. 

Crazy!

Klopp needs to be backed in the summer and he'll be able to make the necessary changes, he will be fully aware of who's letting him down and if there are any fractious relationships in the dressing room.

Its going to be a shit few months until the season ends but FSG really need to allow Klopp to do what he needs to do with both ingoings and outgoings. 

He's not blameless but it's fully understandable that his heads not in the game at the moment, he could do with a break until the end of the season as he's making the same mistakes over and over.

10 minutes ago, niallers said:

115 shots without scoring since our last goal at home. That's the most of ANY side in the league since those records began in 06! There's your problem

Kill everyone else's goalkeepers? Innovative but I think it might work you know