You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

We can’t carry on like this.

Crazy Dave

Six home defeats in a row. One goal (a penalty) at Anfield this year. One first half goal in thirteen games. 

I’m not advocating for a managerial change but is there a point when enough is enough? This is the most dreadful run of form I can remember for 30 years. We can’t even fashion a single chance in our home games. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 7

We're playing shit, we're missing every positive player you can think of, and some players aren't stepping up. 

I'm not saying no need to panic, but you don't build a dynasty by changing managers all the time. 

Give jurgen the backing he easily deserves in both support from the fans and the board.. 

I would like to see him accepting we don't have the personnel to continue with his beloved 4-3-3 though. That's on him

• Upvote 4

Just now, aRdja said:

So what are you advocating?

I’m advocating that we at least begin the conversation that Jurgen might not be here next season. Whether he chooses to walks away or FSG fires him, it’s no longer unthinkable that he doesn’t see out his contract here. 

I would never call for the man to be fired. He’s a fucking legend, but if it was anybody else then I’d want them out. I just can’t believe that all this is happening on Klopp’s watch and I’m worried that he can’t turn this around. 

• Downvote 5

1 minute ago, VladimirIlyich said:

We knew this could happen as we didnt strengthen from a position of strength and here we are. 

We did.

We bought cover for Robbo, a world-class creative midfielder and an attacker who can offer cover and competition for the front three.

Then we lost all three of them to long-term injury and all three of our senior CBs got injured for half a season or more. With other injuries and individual dips in form, we've not been able to put anything like a settled side of senior players out all season. Our game depends entirely on cohesion as a team and we've not been able to achieve that.

• Upvote 9

Just now, Crazy Dave said:

I’m advocating that we at least begin the conversation that Jurgen might not be here next season. Whether he chooses to walks away or FSG fires him, it’s no longer unthinkable that he doesn’t see out his contract here. 

I would never call for the man to be fired. He’s a fucking legend, but if it was anybody else then I’d want them out. I just can’t believe that all this is happening on Klopp’s watch and I’m worried that he can’t turn this around. 

He’s still the same manager who won us the CL and the league. We give him the time he needs to turn this around. We have enough good players in the squad, he’s still the best manager in the world, he will turn it around, we just need to hold on tight in the meantime. 

5 minutes ago, Crazy Dave said:

If a manager won the CL and the League, then had a few months of poor results, you'd want them out?

You're a dickhead. 

• Upvote 7

Guest Alex_K

There was a similar murmouring against Guardiola at City before his reinvention of their team kicked into gear in December. LFC needs Klopp far more than Klopp needs LFC.

1 minute ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

We did.

We bought cover for Robbo, a world-class creative midfielder and an attacker who can offer cover and competition for the front three.

Then we lost all three of them to long-term injury and all three of our senior CBs got injured for half a season or more. With other injuries and individual dips in form, we've not been able to put anything like a settled side of senior players out all season. Our game depends entirely on cohesion as a team and we've not been able to achieve that.

Going into a season and one as condensed as this with only 3 proper centre halves and 1 of them being a permacrock was an abysmal decision.

Lovren as 4th choice played loads last season - did anyone really think 4th choice was not gonna end up same this?...OK nobody probably thought all 3 would be fucked, but still a bad, bad call.

Arguing Fabinho was 4th is no good either IMO, pulling a key midfielder out in an area where we have players with less than stellar injury records was as it has been proven a bad risk too.

It has of course all created the numerous knock on effects to our style of play etc etc etc that has killed us this season - but even so this collapse is unacceptable and is much, much worse than it should be.

Poor decisions in the summer, gambling on permacrocks and not having adequate proper depth in a really key area has bitten us hard and we have to learn from this and never fall down same hole again.

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

We knew this could happen as we didnt strengthen from a position of strength and here we are. 

We're the worst form team in the league. That hasn't happened because "we didn't strengthen from a position of strength". We haven't stood still, this is a total meltdown. 

I think the delay in getting in reinforcements in Jan has been disastrous. This squad was stretched well beyond reasonable expectations just matching City two seasons ago, let alone the arduous championship campaign, then losing key players early this season. They held it together, but then it became clear there were no reinforcements coming and we've just dropped off a cliff.

The club fucked up big time and now we've let bad decisions and bad performance pile on top of the players and they don't even have the fans to help dig them back out. It's like the business people have just taken that effort for granted, it's incredible that they kept themselves at the top of the table as long as they did.

The idea that the manager should go (while they are still mourning the death of a parent for fuck's sake) is disgusting.

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

We did.

Spot on. We drop off quite a bit when even one player from the regular 11 is missing, so it's no wonder we are a shambles with 4 or 5 regulars out. 

Just now, Pidge said:

I think the delay in getting in reinforcements in Jan has been disastrous. This squad was stretched well beyond reasonable expectations just matching City two seasons ago, let alone the arduous championship campaign, then losing key players early this season. They held it together, but then there were no reinforcements coming and we've just dropped off a cliff.

The club fucked up big time and now we've let bad decisions and bad performance pile on top of the players and they don't even have the fans to help dig them back out. 

The idea that the manager should go (while they are still mourning the death of a parent for fuck's sake) is disgusting.

I thought it a bit silly at first when people speculated in early January that the players seemed disillusioned after getting us on top of the league in spite of an injury crisis only to be met with complete disinterest from the owners in bringing in utterly essential replacements. Not so much now.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

We're the worst form team in the league. That hasn't happened because "we didn't strengthen from a position of strength". We haven't stood still, this is a total meltdown. 

If we'd have had decent back up this shambles wouldnt have happened. So its Klopp's fault? You want him sacked?

• Downvote 1

One of the things that separates the Liverpool FC I know from ordinary football clubs is the strength of the holy trinity.

Shanks reminded us that success would always come from the players, the fans and the manager being in it together, being together as one. There’s no doubt the forced separation of the holy trinity on a match day as had a significant impact. It’s not the only reason for the decline, but it’s a factor. A big one at that. 

This is a time for togetherness, showing Jurgen and the players that we are with them, even when we can’t physically be ‘with them’.

Let’s stay as positive as we can, get to the end of this season and see where a summer, proper pre season and the return of the fans takes us.

Perhaps the lifecycle of this team is nearing its  ‘departing’ phase. Maybe not, time will tell, but it’s certainly not the time for Liverpool fans to be distancing themselves spiritually as well being forced to physically. It’s not over until the Liverbird gets fat and sings. She’s not even warming her vocal chords up yet so this can be turned round if we keep the faith. 

• Upvote 3