You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

RB Leipzig (H) Champions League - 10/3/21

Bjornebye

Matches against East German opposition were a regular feature of our European adventures in the 70s and 80s. In the 1976 UEFA Cup campaign, we faced Dynamo Dresden in the 4th round. The second leg was at Anfield in March 1976. We drew 0-0 away in the first leg and won 2-1 at home thanks to goals from Case and Keegan. We'd go on to win the UEFA Cup that season to claim our second European trophy.

In the charts, Tina Charles spent three weeks at the top with 'I Love to Love (But My Baby Loves to Dance)'. I was certain I'd never heard it before but having listened to it, the chorus certainly rings a bell. It's alright I guess. The song that preceded it at the top is a real belter, and the one that followed is shite.

We have a 2-0 lead going into the second leg against RB Leipzig, and the return fixture is also being played in Budapest. If RB Leipzig really wanted an advantage they'd probably insist on the game being played at Anfield where our form is utterly appalling and cause for genuine alarm. I've no idea what has happened but we have been playing the same song there for months now. That and introducing some really bad juju in the home dressing room post-Christmas. Our task is to finish the job we started in the first leg, and for that we have to do absolutely everything better. Our only chance to be in next season's competition now lies with winning the thing this year.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Get into the Quarters and anything can happen. Depleted as it is, this squad is at least as good as 2005.

Let's win Number Seven, Reds.

The 2005 team would batter this current team. Gerrard and Alonso would run absolute riot through them.

16 hours ago, Trumo said:

Matches against East German opposition were a regular feature of our European adventures in the 70s and 80s. In the 1976 UEFA Cup campaign, we faced Dynamo Dresden in the 4th round. The second leg was at Anfield in March 1976. We drew 0-0 away in the first leg and won 2-1 at home thanks to goals from Case and Keegan. We'd go on to win the UEFA Cup that season to claim our second European trophy.

In the charts, Tina Charles spent three weeks at the top with 'I Love to Love (But My Baby Loves to Dance)'. I was certain I'd never heard it before but having listened to it, the chorus certainly rings a bell. It's alright I guess. The song that preceded it at the top is a real belter, and the one that followed is shite.

We have a 2-0 lead going into the second leg against RB Leipzig, and the return fixture is also being played in Budapest. If RB Leipzig really wanted an advantage they'd probably insist on the game being played at Anfield where our form is utterly appalling and cause for genuine alarm. I've no idea what has happened but we have been playing the same song there for months now. That and introducing some really bad juju in the home dressing room post-Christmas. Our task is to finish the job we started in the first leg, and for that we have to do absolutely everything better. Our only chance to be in next season's competition now lies with winning the thing this year.

We also beat Dynamo Berlin 3-1 on aggregate in December 72 on the way to our first UEFA Cup win in 1973. A 0-0 draw in Berlin and a 3-1 home win saw us through. East German teams have largely been lucky for us in Europe,so far.