You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Health Anxiety

Always worth getting stuff checked. 

I had a umbilical hernia after my previous surgery. It was fucking gross, after I ate anything it looked like the scene from alien, the belly button pushed out and pulsated with my heart and stomach. 

5 hours ago, Jennings said:

One time I had some really troublesome symptoms - I won't go into detail but blood, snot and pain weren't even the worst among them. I went to google and there was a post from someone with exactly the same symptoms. I mean inconclusively exactly the fucking same. The post wasn't the first in the thread and I didn't read the previous ones. I didn't need to. This poster had exactly the same symptoms. The reply to this post was from a medical expert sharing his prognosis. 

My head swam as I read the words (I am paraphrasing as this was ages ago)..."I am sorry to report to you that this is certainly 'longus-latinus-name-us' and is always fatal within three months.

I honestly felt like I was gonna burst into tears. I didn't need to read on, but for some reason I did...

"...but don't worry. Your rabbit cannot pass this disease to humans."

That was the day I learned not to google my symptoms.

No rabbits were harmed in the making of this post

He’d been mixing his toasties

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
On 01/01/2022 at 17:00, Clem H Fandango said:

I too have that lump, I just attribute it to putting weight on as there's no pain. I'd be interested to know what it is though.

Looks like I too have an umbilical hernia. It's situated just above the bellybutton and sticks out the size and shape of a jammie dodger.

The pain has got so much now that I've got the doctors at the end of the month.

Best way to describe the pain is akin to trapped wind that you can't release. Pain seems to be spreading downwards towards the groin. 

Mrs is very concerned, I'm milking her so to speak by making her get on top as that's the only comfortable position.

8 hours ago, Clem H Fandango said:

Looks like I too have an umbilical hernia. It's situated just above the bellybutton and sticks out the size and shape of a jammie dodger.

The pain has got so much now that I've got the doctors at the end of the month.

Best way to describe the pain is akin to trapped wind that you can't release. Pain seems to be spreading downwards towards the groin. 

Mrs is very concerned, I'm milking her so to speak by making her get on top as that's the only comfortable position.

All the best to you mate. And make sure she doesn't fall off.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I had pleurisy three years ago & have had a pain around my right lung ever since when I breathe in deeply. Been to get x rays on it before but it's been a lot worse recently so I went back to the doctor today & she's sorted me with another x ray. 

I know fuck all about x rays but I thought they were for bones, how the fuck is an x ray going to help my lung?

I'm sure they think I'm taking the piss but I'm not, it's sore as fuck.

The good news is I have decided to stop smoking, even if it means knocking the bevvy on the head for a few months (I only smoke when I'm drinking).

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, Mook said:

I had pleurisy three years ago & have had a pain around my right lung ever since when I breathe in deeply. Been to get x rays on it before but it's been a lot worse recently so I went back to the doctor today & she's sorted me with another x ray. 

I know fuck all about x rays but I thought they were for bones, how the fuck is an x ray going to help my lung?

The good news is I have decided to stop smoking, even if it means knocking the bevvy on the head for a few months (I only smoke when I'm drinking).

Good man quitting smoking, I've been on the respiratory ward and believe me, those poor cunts with COPD wish they'd have quit as well.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Mook said:

They can x ray you for anything I think mate. As well as MRI and ultrasound. They can get a fucking good picture of what's going on inside you, that's for sure.

Hope it all comes back clear anyway, and good luck with giving up the smokes. You'll definitely feel better for that.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Elite said:

Good man quitting smoking, I've been on the respiratory ward and believe me, those poor cunts with COPD wish they'd have quit as well.

I stopped for 14 months between March '20 & May '21. The pubs opening back up fucked me.

It's a right bastard to give up.

I've been on that ward too when I had pneumonia & it was horrendous. The nurse who looked like Lindsay Lohan made it bearable though.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, VladimirIlyich said:

My Uncle smoked for absolute years and had to give up and added about 10 years to his life. He was still fucked up though. Smokers do get plenty of warnings now though.

My old man smoked Park Drive for years, gave up and then started again. When Izzy was born he gave up for good but the damage is done. 

He’s fucking gutted as they are best mates and she’ll be heartbroken when he goes. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

My old man smoked Park Drive for years, gave up and then started again. When Izzy was born he gave up for good but the damage is done. 

He’s fucking gutted as they are best mates and she’ll be heartbroken when he goes. 

Kids are a damn good spur for stopping. I quit drinking and smoking because of my lad.

• Upvote 3

• 2 months later...
On 10/03/2021 at 08:51, Harry's Lad said:

I knew a fella, a lot older than me, who had a lot of pain and tremors due to MS who used to smoke a bit of weed, just enough to ease his symptoms.

It really did help him as he was a different fella after a smoke, tremors gone and pain eased.

I think he got it right by using just enough and not too much to get stoned.

He got burgled once and when the Bizzy came round he spotted the remains of a joint and my mate just shrugged and explained why he used it.

The Bizzy left after telling him he hadn't seen it but to be careful, it was illegal but he understood why he used it.

A week or so later, he gets a knock on the door and by the time he got there, whoever it was was gone, but there was a polythene zip bag full of weed in the letter basket.

He was convinced it was the Bizzy.

I miss him , he was a cracking fella, a bit of a rogue but a fountain of knowledge about MS, disability benefits etc, who helped me a lot when I was first diagnosed.

You can be “my guy” if you like, HL.