You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sasquatch. Yes or no?

Ant 2 Threads

Nowadays no

The days of early man quite possibly. 

We know of Gigantopithecus in South East Asia around 800,000 to over a million years ago. Which seems to fit the time line of very early man moving around the world and the start of stone tools and fire. 

All jokes aside. 

2 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Nowadays no

The days of early man quite possibly. 

We know of Gigantopithecus in South East Asia around 800,000 to over a million years ago. Which seems to fit the time line of very early man moving around the world and the start of stone tools and fire. 

Lee909, your knowledge of potential lineage intrigues me to the point that you may harbor a hope or belief? 

Just now, Ant 2 Threads said:

All jokes aside. 

Lee909, your knowledge of potential lineage intrigues me to the point that you may harbor a hope or belief? 

I grew up reading them books of mysteries etc. I luckily imo grew up just as the Internet was becoming a thing and I never had access till I was 17/18 so these mysteries where still a thing and not just connected to shit history channel Monster Hunters/Ancie t Alien weirdos. 

I see Big Foot as more as a old tribal story handed down from camp fires over the years that's took hold. 

I know parts of Canada etc are still extremely wild but I honestly don't see it these days. Yeti's possibly as Sibera is just so inaccessible and evidence would be covered by snow and ice so quickly. 

Same thing for sea monsters, large Amazon snakes(no not Titan Boa size but 30ft plus) I could still be some. Not that I'm saying its 'here be dragons' on a map and the Kraken pulling boats under in the Bermuda triangle 

Good points. The Indeginous Americans pay reference to the "Mountain Men" or the equivalent in their vernacular.

The Patterson/Gimlin video of 1967 was something I read about as a kid. Intrigued me. So as a kid in Wales, my only connection with North America, was my Canadian Grandad. When I asked him about it, he said "its only the Mountain Men, boy." "Leave them alone and they won't bother you". 

Left me with reasonable doubt to this day.

No. Love listening to the stories but they are the deepest horseshit. The amount of 9 foot tall wooly boogers who just walk through camps and across roads and then there's people who say they've had multiple encounters yet there's no evidence to the point people who believe in them have started to say theyre interdimensional beings. Its a great big no for me.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Ant 2 Threads said:

I'm a believer. Mountain Men, Bigfoot, Skunk Ape. 

My Grandad was a carpenter in Newfoundland and believed that these existed, like a matter of fact. Now, these Newfies are madder than a box of frogs. But they weren't bullshitters.

And... discuss.

That thread title had me worried for a bit, thought the GF was about to plumb new depths of deviancy for a second.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

28 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

No. Love listening to the stories but they are the deepest horseshit. The amount of 9 foot tall wooly boogers who just walk through camps and across roads and then there's people who say they've had multiple encounters yet there's no evidence to the point people who believe in them have started to say theyre interdimensional beings. Its a great big no for me.

It's amazing that people constantly saw them years ago and the odd grainy photo of a fella in a gorilla suit exists. 

Yet now where people have drones, go pro cameras, heat and motion sensors and carry a mobile phone everywhere there's not one bit of footage of them/it.

6 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

It's amazing that people constantly saw them years ago and the odd grainy photo of a fella in a gorilla suit exists. 

Yet now where people have drones, go pro cameras, heat and motion sensors and carry a mobile phone everywhere there's not one bit of footage of them. 

There’s a whole industry on podcasts and YouTube of people claiming to have encountered Bigfoot, dog men, wendigos, deer people, and skinwalkers.

My personal favourites are the ones pretending to be cryptid hunters or private military contractors who claim to have been hired to hunt down the Rake for the government. The Rake being a completely fictional creepypasta monster that was made up by 4Chan posters in a thread about creating a fictional monster.

34 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

The uk equivalent is big cats, Jaguars, pumas etc living in the wild and eating deer and sheep. My father in law is adamant he’s seen one in the field behind his house, The flaw with the theory is that nobody has ever seen a dead one by the side of a road. 

At least a big cat in theory through people having exotic pets could be a possibility however unlikely because we know they exist. A 9 foot tall 800 lbs hairy man who is constantly getting collared  by people who eat road kill stretches believability. Some of these people say "yeah there's a family of them living on my land" show us then.

• Upvote 1