You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Will everything be okay next season?

El Rojo

I'm surprised there's not more anxiety, or at least concern, about next season, because there are certainly more variables, about whose impact (regardless of whatever fatuous responses this, inevitably, elicits) we simply cannot be sure. We'll have an unprecedented six-week break in the middle of it. Presumably the sport scientists are already deep into research about its impact, but no one will really know the full effects it will have on player stamina and general fitness, mentally and physically, as well as team momentum. The pre-season training, presumably, will be changed to take into account the shift in style and intensity of international team training in November., which in turn might have an effect on the initial months. But many pros have spoken about returning from Summer WCs and hitting a wall physically a couple of months later, which, if that's replicated next year, will coincide with the busiest part of the domestic and CL season rather than, as usual, the middle. The size and quality of squads will play a role, as will the new subs rule, but obviously the most international-heavy teams will be affected most, while the smaller clubs might find an advantage from what will be in effect a winter break, but overall it'll be a unique scenario, nothing like losing the odd player to an African tournament. The only thing one can be sure of is it won't be a normal season, and we shouldn't just expect it to unfold like one.

1 hour ago, gkmacca said:

I'm surprised there's not more anxiety about [a potential future we don’t understand instead of enjoying the wonderful moments we’re living through right now].

Why?

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Let’s worry about next season once our celebratory hangovers begin to clear the 2nd week in June. 

How about we stop telling others what to do and when to do it before someone tells us what to do and how to do it?

1 hour ago, gkmacca said:

How about we stop telling others what to do and when to do it before someone tells us what to do and how to do it?

I’m all for posters thinking before they post, I’m personally not arsed about next season at this moment in time and I’ll turn my attention to it, maybe, from 6th June, possibly the 13th.

26 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I'm not really sure why we are worrying about next season when Klopp and Co will still be around. My guess is 'more success?'

We're all shit scared because of 
A.  Man United will be back!(for the millionth time)!

B. Everton - Powershift is on

C. Salah/Mane fucking off after Big Div leaves us.