You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Will everything be okay next season?

El Rojo

1 hour ago, 3 Stacks said:

When the rot gets this deep, does anybody ever really turn it around to a level close to where it was before? I feel like this never happens and the inevitable result is a sacking. Maybe if anyone can do it, it's Klopp. 

Pretty much my thoughts. I'm struggling to think of anyone ever turning around a deep lying rot that seems to have taken hold like this. The only thing vaguely similar I can think of is Hasenhuttl after getting dicked 8-0 and even he's back on the brink again.

He deserves the chance to turn it around, but the task is monumental given the owners/finances/squad age and the odds of succeeding are slim.

3 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

When the rot gets this deep, does anybody ever really turn it around to a level close to where it was before? I feel like this never happens and the inevitable result is a sacking. Maybe if anyone can do it, it's Klopp. 

Well, Klopp winning his first league title in his fourth full season was utterly unprecedented in the modern game. You have to do it in the first couple of seasons or it simply doesn’t happen; in fact, Mancini and Guardiola are the only title winning managers since Dalglish in 1995 to win a first league title with a club later than their first full season, and all three of them have in common the fact they were managing teams with a considerable financial advantage over the rest of the league. A manager building a winning team almost from scratch over a number of years simply doesn’t happen anymore, so there’s form for Klopp bucking the usual trends.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

I definately think it can be done. Because the things that need to be fixed on the field isn’t too complicated, our squad when we get a few players back from injury is far better than many seem to think at the moment and not least because of Klopp and the whole setup around him.

If there are things going in behind the scenes that we dont know of however, it could be a completely different matter. I dont know what’s going on inside the squad, in training and between the players. And I definately dont know what’s going on inside Klopps head or in his personal life. I guess my imagination isn’t that well developed, or I dont speak to enough bloo taxi drivers. But unless there are serious problems within the squad, I expect there to be something the way the results are going, I think this can and will be turned around.

I think the thoughts of klopp getting the sack, with our level of injuries is simply absurd. 

I find it hard to believe anybody thinks otherwise. There's not a snowballs chance in hell there's any conversations being had in the Fsg offices regarding his tenure. 

What are they going to do, sack him and give who the job exactly??? There's nobody as good, and that's a fact. 

Fuck this season off, it's gone, regroup, get a few lads in, nothing mental. Then next year have another crack without the midweek games. Big swinging mickey. 

And any players that have the cheek to say they should be playing champions league football, I'd remind them they where the ones out there on the pitch that didn't get themselves into the competition, so if they want to go, take a long hard look in the mirror and fuck off out the door because it's all partly their fault they're not playing in it. 

• Upvote 4

Another next day where I'm still a bit pissed off. The passiveness worries me. The real feeling of apathy like the players and the manager are just resigned to this. Not changing a failing system and watching it repeat the exact same mistakes for months on end is just strange to me. Look at Daves match report he sums up the game we have been playing time after time. We can argue why its failing but to have to keep watching it fail and nothing be done about it. If this mentality is there now it will be there next season too. It isn't good enough, infact it's genuinely disgraceful, we need to wake up from this stupor. The players need to take a look at themselves from fighting city all the way to bending the knee to Fulham and Klopp needs to put the stubbornness and faith to one side and begin addressing the flaws that every single other manager in the league identifies.

From Champions to the easiest side in the league to play, how can you not be pissed off at that. We cant just give up on a season, you give up on a season you have the mentality that will give up on small battles too anytime its a little difficult, personal pride should want you to win every battle your contesting in, if we were in a friendly tournament I'd expect more fight than this. I'd bet my house some of these players have been more pissed off when they've conceded on FIFA. Called the worse champions ever, lambasted and no response. Meek and mild FC, summed up by the derby when we should of been up for it and angry but we were timid and scared, our fucking player liking their goal celebration against us! Something has to of gone tits up behind doors because this is some unfathomable shit. 6 home losses, 12 hours without a goal from open play it wouldn't be acceptable at any other time and its not acceptable now. They need shaking awake.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 07/03/2021 at 05:22, Shooter in the Motor said:

Fray Bentos pies come in metal packs, don't they? I don't fully know the rules behind microwaves but I reckon that's a recipe for an explosion.

You can Microwave metal if you prepare adequately. 

Obviously it goes without saying that I, Chairman Meow, do not advocate you try this at home. 

11 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

You have nothing to compare this with though. Never before has a team won the league and not had the opportunity to celebrate it. Never before has a team played a season with no fans. In the past you get on a bad run, you send the players to Marbella for a weekend or back to their home countries, you might take them out on session. With Rafa I remember when we played Spurs and there was a huge welcome for the bus, that was bleak but the option was there to rouse the team and drag them over the line. This is different, its just repetitive sterile football every 3 days and no options but to rinse and repeat. They all look like they hate it.

I heard Kenny Cunningham on the radio yesterday, he was saying the stats say players are running as much as they did but his eyes are telling him that players across the league are beginning to hate this. I agree with him, some teams can handle it better than others. We are built to win, once that option was off the table we dipped a few percent and then it spiralled. I believe its harder for teams like that to compete when they can't win. Milan and Madrid have done it loads of times in the past, foot off the gas in the league but when the option to win reappears they are on it like a hot snot.

Wednesday could show me I'm talking shit, that is a competition we can win and the players will act as such.

• Upvote 4

On 06/03/2021 at 15:37, lebron said:

Suggesting Ings (who has failed here once) to replace one of the most important cogs in our well-oiled machine over the last few years is quite a stretch. I can understand people craving for Haaland because of his amazing stats and raw physical talent. Ings and Bamford though, fkin hell.

By the way, Ings just went off for Southampton with another injury. He makes Ox and Matip look like men of steel.

I didn’t say I wanted Ings or Bamford here. It was the shite you come out with about bulletproof Bobby 

11 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

A lot of people thought we'd be a lot better if Bobby was dropped, Fabinho played in midfield, Jota was fit and playing etc.

Well Bobby didnt play. Admittedly Fab came on late albeit in midfield and Jota started. I didnt see any improvement. The defence wasnt at fault for the goal. Lemina chanced his arm with a shot across Allison.

We all have our thoughts what's going wrong. I think at the core of it there's something behind the scenes. As Ive mentioned elsewhere, Mo, Sadio, Trent and Milner have all had the titty lip when being subbed.

Who would have thought Milner would have had a stand up disagreement with Jurgen on the touchline against West Ham, was it? It was only because Curtis scored that Milner had a good laugh about it. Imagine what he'd have been like if that goal hadnt gone in.

Sadio's always moaning about being hooked ahead of Mo. Frankly this season, Sadio's lucky to be in the team. Trent dissing Jurgen in a European away because he got subbed? Jurgen had to go over to HIM to do the touchie elbows thing. Who the fuck does Trent think he is doing that to his manager?

There was even a touchline spat last season when hendo appeared to blank Jurgen when he was subbed. Hendo and Jurgen kissed and made up but it seemed to me like Hendo did blank Jurgen.

I sincerely hope Im wrong but I think it's optimistic to think next season and everything is virtually back in place for us to go again. Yes, I think injuries, exhaustion, shite officiating and cockyness all play a part. But something else is at play here and Im very, very worried.

are you suggesting klopp has lost the players? 

If Klopp changed us from doubters to believers, I'm not about to go back there. 

We've obviously got alot of problems and this is pretty unprecedented, but I don't have any doubts we have the right man to fix it, and he will, as long as he wants to be here to do it.

Be nice if someone could untie his hands behind his back to make some squad changes if he sees fit to do so.

• Upvote 2

I fucking dread looking at the Echo or other on line sports news. Im frightful of seeing a headline saying Klopp calls time or the owners have acted.

I saw something on the torygraph saying Jurgen isnt 'untouchable' in all this. I hope the nobs that supposedly support us dont see this as the go ahead to light the blue touch paper.

It is easy to think next season we'll be ok. Im fucking clinging to it and that we'll have one of those moments in the meantime where a struggling team gets a stroke of good fortune and the well oiled machine finally gets into gear.

Currently this is relegation form and every bit as bad as when Souey had us in a relegation scrap. I dont underestimate the task Jurgen now has on his hands.

I can’t quite figure those that are basically saying fuck the season off and begin again in August and everything will be okay again. 

Yes we’ll have our three centre backs again but they’ll all be returning from serious injuries and would have missed entire season in two of their cases. We have no idea whether they’ll be able to return to the level they once had pre-knee injuries. We’ve seen from Oxlade-Chamberlain how difficult it is to come back from it. 

More than anything though, I don’t understand how some think we’ll just pick up where we left off on December 27th 2020. By August it’s now looking likely that we could be looking back at the worst second half of a season in our modern history. These lads will have come accustomed to losing pretty much every week. That type of losers mentality is hard to get rid off. 

We need a serious squad shake-up with players that have the hunger to compete with one another. No more fucking around with the likes of Origi and Shaqiri happy to sit on the bench and collect 100k a week whilst contributing fuck all. 

• Upvote 2

56 minutes ago, Crazy Dave said:

I can’t quite figure those that are basically saying fuck the season off and begin again in August and everything will be okay again. 

Yes we’ll have our three centre backs again but they’ll all be returning from serious injuries and would have missed entire season in two of their cases. We have no idea whether they’ll be able to return to the level they once had pre-knee injuries. We’ve seen from Oxlade-Chamberlain how difficult it is to come back from it. 

More than anything though, I don’t understand how some think we’ll just pick up where we left off on December 27th 2020. By August it’s now looking likely that we could be looking back at the worst second half of a season in our modern history. These lads will have come accustomed to losing pretty much every week. That type of losers mentality is hard to get rid off. 

We need a serious squad shake-up with players that have the hunger to compete with one another. No more fucking around with the likes of Origi and Shaqiri happy to sit on the bench and collect 100k a week whilst contributing fuck all. 

Was watching the Madrid derby and thinking to myself what I would give for half this squad to have just half the fight Suarez has. Having said that the nutter would probably have taken a chunk out of half our team by now with the way they're playing.

7 minutes ago, Herp McDerp said:

Was watching the Madrid derby and thinking to myself what I would give for half this squad to have just half the fight Suarez has. Having said that the nutter would probably have taken a chunk out of half our team by now with the way they're playing.

ImpishScarceJunco.gif tumblr_n7r7rhVrl21s02vreo1_250.gif745.gif giphy.gif c83.gif tumblr_mlnxkf6ern1sp06eqo1_400.gif 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

27 minutes ago, Herp McDerp said:

We wouldn't be in this position. He wouldn't have allowed it.

We really miss that talismanic player who wills the other players to step it up a notch. Salah is great and all but he’s not imposing in the sense Gerrard or Suarez was where the other players would be ashamed and embarrassed not to give it there all. We have Virgil and Hendo but obviously that’s the crux of the issue. I’d swap all three of our forwards for a young Suarez.

I can't be remotely arsed about this nonsense at the moment. Klopp is one of the best things to ever happen to the club, the idea that he's under any sort of pressure is laughable. This season is fake, everything about it is tinpot, the empty stadiums, the games on every fucking day, the kick off times, the balls on cones, the officials and staff in masks, the ridiculous VAR and the standard of refereeing.

The records that are toppling can have a beloved asterisk beside them as they're in an empty ground, I genuinely couldn't care less about this bullshit.

We will be fine, the energy and impetus fans will give us will be extraordinary and CBs that enable us to play the way we do will be equally important. This utter shite at the moment is purgatory.  

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Yeah. I wouldn’t be backing anyone else to get us out of this slump. If/when he does, it probably won’t even have been the most remarkable thing he’s done with us.