You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Will everything be okay next season?

El Rojo

17 minutes ago, lebron said:

People seriously thinking Bamford or Ings would do better as our mid-attacker than Firmino... (rolls eyes). Form is temporary, class is permanent. Get our CBs back, the whole team moves further up the pitch, and Firmino's press and interplay will be back to its best.

As for the question posed, Gomez and Vvd back and we will be a completely different team.

We need new referees in the PL to get a fair crack at no 20, but no 7 will be brought home

You strike me as the kind of person who would microwave a Fray Bentos pie.

• Upvote 3

For all the talk of VVD, Gomez and Matip coming back next season, we are going to have to be careful with them and they will take a while to get back up to speed. 

People expecting Vvd just to waltz up and immediately be one of the best defenders in the world again are in for a shock. We need to ensure that we have a new centre half ready for the start of next season.

Yes, because Van Dijk will be back.

There's a reason we spent a year trying to sign him, refused to buy an alternative, tapped him up, spent 75m on him and then played him every game we could. He's the most important player in the country. With him, we've won the league, champions league and world club cup. Without him, we're one of the rest of the pack trying to finish in the top 4 as it was before he was signed. That's not a coincidence.

• Upvote 2

Virgil has shown almost superhuman recovery after that shocking assault by pickford damaged his knee.

Im hoping the damage wasnt as bad as it could have been considering he walked unaided around the pitch and all the other players Ive seen get an ACL injury having to be stretchered off.

But even so, such an injury can have a major impact on the player. Fingers, toes crossed Virgil is ok but the chances are he may start picking up other niggling injuries as he tries to compensate for the ACL.

5 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Virgil has shown almost superhuman recovery after that shocking assault by pickford damaged his knee.

Im hoping the damage wasnt as bad as it could have been considering he walked unaided around the pitch and all the other players Ive seen get an ACL injury having to be stretchered off.

But even so, such an injury can have a major impact on the player. Fingers, toes crossed Virgil is ok but the chances are he may start picking up other niggling injuries as he tries to compensate for the ACL.

There are plenty of times where people have torn their ACL's and can walk right after. 

1 hour ago, Red74 said:

This post confirms that you don’t watch our games. 

Suggesting Ings (who has failed here once) to replace one of the most important cogs in our well-oiled machine over the last few years is quite a stretch. I can understand people craving for Haaland because of his amazing stats and raw physical talent. Ings and Bamford though, fkin hell.

By the way, Ings just went off for Southampton with another injury. He makes Ox and Matip look like men of steel.

2 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

You strike me as the kind of person who would microwave a Fray Bentos pie.

Aren't you the one who never watches a game? How can you make an informed opinion on anything relating to our team play?

Apologies for not understanding the pie reference, we're not big on pies here in Norway.

Next season will be completely different to this one. If the definition of everything being ok means us being back at the level of the 18/19 and 19/20 seasons, then I dont think it’ll be ok.

But I definately expect us to be right back challenging for the title again, unless City manage another 95-100 point season.  Which I dont think they will.

We’ve got the manager and, to a large degree, the squad to be one of the top teams in the world. And the positions we need to strengthen are easy to identify imo. We need at least one, It’d say two, top class CBs. We need to forget about Matip, sell him if we can. And Gomez for me is too injury prone to be relied upon, but should be kept for now at least.

And then we need a new player for the central attacking position. I’m a big fan of Bobby, but he’s not been the required standard for a while now, we need a new first choice.

If Salah or Mane leaves of course we need to do more. 

If Wijnaldum leaves we need another midfielder, but I have a feeling Gini will stay.

Ideally we should also get rid of a few more sicknotes, Keita, Ox and Shaqiri, and replace them with a new midfielder with a goal or two in him. But I dont expect that to be easy, and I actually think our midfield will be ok. If we strengthen significantly at CF and get a couple of good CBs in we’ll have a very good squad. 

And I expect to see a different freshness, mentally and physically. This is maybe the main thing, with that in place we’ll be a team again.

Finish 8th if or rather as the top 4 is out of the question, ideally we could do with Euro 2021 being postponed or cancelled due to the pandemic. A travel ban blocking the club from planning some energy sapping pre-season world tour allowing everyone a proper break to recuperate and plan for next season.

A season without any midweek Euro distraction as per 2013/14 might give us a distinct advantage.

I really hate the fella who sits next to me in the ground. He is on his own and constantly argues every decision. He shouts really shit tactical instructions and argues with a throw in decision only a super hero could see. He also has an eagle size wing span and stands up for ages after a goal kick has been taken,.

What I would do just to be next to that cunt watching a game right now though.

• Upvote 6

10 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

They didn't go as far as giving us breadcrumbs. Gomez has had his wages paid by the fa/FIFA since he was injured. This funded both the transfer fee and the salary of Davies. Minamino left for Southampton and while his loan fee was smaller than kabak's , his wages were significantly more so that covers that. We maybe would have got a 2nd defender klopp actually wants to pick if they had given us as much as peanuts. 

They are absolute fucking minge bags, I can’t stand them.

• Upvote 2

Fray Bentos pies come in metal packs, don't they? I don't fully know the rules behind microwaves but I reckon that's a recipe for an explosion.

On 06/03/2021 at 21:18, grazywalker said:

I really hate the fella who sits next to me in the ground. He is on his own and constantly argues every decision. He shouts really shit tactical instructions and argues with a throw in decision only a super hero could see. He also has an eagle size wing span and stands up for ages after a goal kick has been taken,.

What I would do just to be next to that cunt watching a game right now though.

Sorry.

• Upvote 1

A lot of people thought we'd be a lot better if Bobby was dropped, Fabinho played in midfield, Jota was fit and playing etc.

Well Bobby didnt play. Admittedly Fab came on late albeit in midfield and Jota started. I didnt see any improvement. The defence wasnt at fault for the goal. Lemina chanced his arm with a shot across Allison.

We all have our thoughts what's going wrong. I think at the core of it there's something behind the scenes. As Ive mentioned elsewhere, Mo, Sadio, Trent and Milner have all had the titty lip when being subbed.

Who would have thought Milner would have had a stand up disagreement with Jurgen on the touchline against West Ham, was it? It was only because Curtis scored that Milner had a good laugh about it. Imagine what he'd have been like if that goal hadnt gone in.

Sadio's always moaning about being hooked ahead of Mo. Frankly this season, Sadio's lucky to be in the team. Trent dissing Jurgen in a European away because he got subbed? Jurgen had to go over to HIM to do the touchie elbows thing. Who the fuck does Trent think he is doing that to his manager?

There was even a touchline spat last season when hendo appeared to blank Jurgen when he was subbed. Hendo and Jurgen kissed and made up but it seemed to me like Hendo did blank Jurgen.

I sincerely hope Im wrong but I think it's optimistic to think next season and everything is virtually back in place for us to go again. Yes, I think injuries, exhaustion, shite officiating and cockyness all play a part. But something else is at play here and Im very, very worried.

On 06/03/2021 at 15:40, lebron said:

Aren't you the one who never watches a game? How can you make an informed opinion on anything relating to our team play?

Apologies for not understanding the pie reference, we're not big on pies here in Norway.

They love them in Holland.