You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fulham (H) PL - Sun 7th Mar 2021 at 14:00

19 minutes ago, ben48 said:

The only thing for me was the arrival of Fabinho in midfield, we looked a different team, Fulham couldn’t get out of their own half. Never play that man as centre back again, what a waste. Kenny said that you have to earn the right to play football I.e you have to control midfield. When Fab came on we looked a different team.The most frustrating thing is if they had bought a half decent centre back in January then we still could have been fighting for the league, but to take your two best midfielders and push them as emergency centre backs, and give up on midfield is suicidal.

In hindsight I wonder if Jurgen regrets keeping Fabinho and Hendo at the back all season? We have looked lost in midfeld without those two and I'm certain we'd have been better off having Fabinho and Hendo in midfield and two novices Williams and Philipps at the back.

Just now, Jennings said:

I am not having a go bud, but this makes no sense. He got sussed out at Mainz so went to a bigger club in the top league and won it?

its fine mate we all have opinions and we are all pretty frustrated at the moment, he went to Dortmund then got found out again and were at 1 point pretty much bottom of the league after wining the title if memory serves me well.Yes he got them up the league again but im pretty sure he left at the end of that season.I dont want him to leave but it just wouldnt surprise me if it did 

3 minutes ago, Jennings said:

I am not having a go bud, but this makes no sense. He got sussed out at Mainz so went to a bigger club in the top league and won it?

This being sussed out theory is off the mark imo. People have been harping on about how we’re not able to play against a low block. Yes, we struggle to create, but Fulham came to play to day, and never parked the bus. Same with Brighton, and more as you’d expect, City and Chelsea.

I reckon physical and mental fatigue is the main factor. We’ve lost our pressing and intensity, which was the main thing about this team. Didnt we even put it on a wall at Melwood or Anfield? Add the injuries and it’s gotten gradually worse, and eventually our confidence has gone completely as well.

It’s less complicated than it may seem imo, but that doesnt necessarily make it easier ti fix.

Just seen an excerpt from Dave U's match report:

All work and no play makes Dave a dull boy

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

We've gotta keep Fabinho in midfield from now on. It's hard to see where we go from here. 

Due to circumstance, Jurgen was just able to take a little look at that very scenario. It wasn’t the back four that let us down today in terms of conceding.

with 90 minutes of Fab in midfield, Mo would have surely redeemed himself at the other end.

Just now, Tony Moanero said:

It amazes me that some people think otherwise.

Apparently his blue roots are starting to shine through dontchaknow. 

If people don't like him for whatever reason then that's up to them but to suggest he's loving what's happening to us is beyond fucking stupid. 

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Jenson said:

Something big must have happened behind the scenes. I've never seen any team, never mind us, completely fall off a cliff like this. We were top at Christmas having just put 7 past Palace, this isn't normal.

This is where my thinking is too. Okay we weren't coasting, there were blips, but we were top, probably should have been 4 points better off too and then all of a sudden we've turned into relegation team bad. That's not normal. I don't think I can recall any team, in any sport doing this. 

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

This being sussed out theory is off the mark imo. People have been harping on about how we’re not able to play against a low block. Yes, we struggle to create, but Fulham came to play to day, and never parked the bus. Same with Brighton, and more as you’d expect, City and Chelsea.

I reckon physical and mental fatigue is the main factor. We’ve lost our pressing and intensity, which was the main thing about this team. Didnt we even put it on a wall at Melwood or Anfield? Add the injuries and it’s gotten gradually worse, and eventually our confidence has gone completely as well.

It’s less complicated than it may seem imo, but that doesnt necessarily make it easier ti fix.

1 thing is certain no matter what opinions we have about what's wrong etc we have been here before and we will soon get back to where we were its just a hard pill to swallow after couple of  great seasons

Some fella on my Facebook said he got into an argument with Carragher the other day on Endbutt Lane in Crosby. Carragher nearly ran him over while he was walking across with a few bags of shopping.

Rolled the window down and started screaming at him before driving off. At least he never got spat at.

6 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

I have never liked him but I agree with you, if anything he is trying too hard to be unbiased for his paymasters. Still too much in my opinion, he needs to ease down as it does not help but that is what he is paid for. 

I'm sometimes not a massive fan either but he celebrated as much as anyone when we won it.

If Hansen was still on MOTD I don't think he'd be too complimentary either and rightly so as the performances lately are some of the worst I've seen 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Doctor Troy said:

Some fella on my Facebook said he got into an argument with Carragher the other day on Endbutt Lane in Crosby. Carragher nearly ran him over while he was walking across with a few bags of shopping.

Rolled the window down and started screaming at him before driving off. At least he never got spat at.

To be fair mate doesnt sound like much of an argument, he crosed the road Carra allegedly (im not getting sued) shouted at him an drove off pretty 1 sided.