You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fulham (H) PL - Sun 7th Mar 2021 at 14:00

The only thing for me was the arrival of Fabinho in midfield, we looked a different team, Fulham couldn’t get out of their own half. Never play that man as centre back again, what a waste. Kenny said that you have to earn the right to play football I.e you have to control midfield. When Fab came on we looked a different team.The most frustrating thing is if they had bought a half decent centre back in January then we still could have been fighting for the league, but to take your two best midfielders and push them as emergency centre backs, and give up on midfield is suicidal.

• Upvote 7

1 minute ago, ben48 said:

The only thing for me was the arrival of Fabinho in midfield, we looked a different team, Fulham couldn’t get out of their own half. Never play that man as centre back again, what a waste. Kenny said that you have to earn the right to play football I.e you have to control midfield. When Fab came on we looked a different team.The most frustrating thing is if they had bought a half decent centre back in January then we still could have been fighting for the league, but to take your two best midfielders and push them as emergency centre backs, and give up on midfield is suicidal.

Yes. 100%.

2 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

Davies is either injured or nowhere near good enough. I doubt we signed him to sell on for a profit as we will struggle to make any money on a player we don't play! 

Not bringing in at least one half decent centre back on the first day of the January window has crippled us badly here. 

We will never achieve consistent success as long as they are in charge. 

We were sniffing around Kabak before all this shit. The problem is, if your 75m defender gets injured you cant buy another 75m defender to fill the gap- unless your City.

I 100% back Klopp and am lightyears away from wanting a change of manager.....but, if you have lost the dressing room then the powers that be will see it as a single change to attempt to solve it as opposed to multiple sales and expensive player buys route in keeping the manager.

I hate it but its a very possible reality 

4 minutes ago, ben48 said:

Absolutely spot on but worrying as we could all see it months ago?

2 minutes ago, Jennings said:

It's interesting seeing a lot of you doubt Klopp. He is the right guy to fix this. What happened over the last four years wasn't luck. 

On the day he signed, if you offered us the league & big ears in exchange for a shit season then I'd have bit your hand off.

I agree and in fairness given what the poor man has gone through over the past few weeks he is completely blameless. He owes us nothing and even if he lost every game for the rest of the season 5-0 I'd still take a bullet for him. Ali had a few weeks of poor form but what an incredible person to be back in goal. If he took three months off, I'd understand after what he has been through.

The others though need to take a good long look at themselves though. Again they have credit in the bank. Yes, there is no Anfield crowd or vocal away support. Yes, there is a lot of players missing. However, I'm struggling to think of more than one or two players that have consistently performed anywhere near what they should. They look like a very poor bunch of individuals who don't very much like each other rather than a world class group who fight for each other.

From the heights of ectasy to the depths of despair.

Something is so, so wrong, no shit sherlock! This season, Ive seen a couple of players have a titty lips when they've been hauled off even before this slump started. Trent, Sadio, Milner, Mo have all had public sulks when Jurgen's taken them off at some point during a game. It's like they think they're untouchable and shouldnt suffer the indignity.

Is that a sign of something going on in the background, I dont know? People used to say they didnt mind players showing their unhappiness at being subbed but fuck me, if you'r stinking the gaff out and arent producing, you should be more fucked off with your underperformance being below standard rather than being subbed.

Jurgen's between a rock and a hard place. His elite players are either injured and unavailable or, believing their own hype so much, they think they just have to turn up to get a result or shouldnt be subbed.

If others want to think fulham 'deserved' their win today, that's up to them. It was almost a backs to the wall job for them apart from catching us on the break and yet again, we just couldnt find a way to score. Even a decent header by Sadio came back off angle of bar and post with the keeper nowhere.

Their player bought a ticket in the lottery with yet another shot. His first goal in how many games? Just seems to be our luck at the moment, players who cant score in a brothel get lucky and pop their cherry.

But it's something we do not do enough of. Jota had a great shot that the keeper saved. What else did we offer? Oh, Neco had a shot from the angle of the 18 yard box like he normally does. And it ended up going wide, like it normally does.

Too many elite players have disappeared. Or, put it another way, are not doing it for the manager or themselves. Sure, he picks the team and drills the tactics. The players have to implement it. But when you get Sadio bouncing a virtual free header into the deck, Trent regularly putting crosses into the keeper's arms, Mo wanting to play keepie uppie on the edge of your box and Keita yet again failing to show why we paid £54m for him, that's on the players.

What did Gini produce? Or the invisible man, Keita? All the hope some loaded on Jota's shoulders doesnt right anything. None of the players regularly want to take a shot. They all want the ball in or around the edge of the 6 yard box and penalty spot before they'll even attempt to have a dig.

I cannot believe Jurgen has told them not to shot. It's one of the first things he said to Chamberlaine, 'fucking shoot, will you!' I guess it's what happens when players lose confidence (or belief), they want the extra touch or two or more time on the ball.

It seems weird the players have now developed an almost mental block over playing at Anfield. They should be lucky there's no crowd in the stadium because while fans will always back the team, they wont support a lack of effort.

I dread to even think Jurgen has lost the dressing room but a number of his elite players arent doing it for him, the club or the fans any more.

10 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

I'm not, though. City usually play with very wide wingers, full backs that tuck inside and with very offensive central midfielders. We usually play with inside forwards, full backs very high and quite defensive midfielders. Literally couldn't have a more different setup. 

You have just basically ignored my point and just quoted me some preset tactics from FM. City don’t have monopoly over a pretty basic football move 3 Stacks. What I’m asking them to try is pretty standard stuff. Mo and Mane have plenty of experience playing as more traditional wide players. 

4 minutes ago, ben48 said:

This its the only thing that has wound me up about Jurgen we have weakened both positions in having midfielders at CB.We conceded midfield to teams and still couldnt defend.

Jurgen got plenty credit in bank for a shite season.We will be back no doubt and Jurgen will be throwing fist pumps to Kop next season

1 minute ago, Jennings said:

It's interesting seeing a lot of you doubt Klopp. He is the right guy to fix this. What happened over the last four years wasn't luck. 

On the day he signed, if you offered us the league & big ears in exchange for a shit season then I'd have bit your hand off.

Yeah. I can see how we’ve arrived at this point. It’s not hard to piece this horrible looking jigsaw together.

Hard to watch though, that was. No experience on the right side. Klopp saying the changes due to players like TAA unable to perform for 90 minutes. Ok, I accept that answer with Leipzig coming up shortly.

Gini completely anonymous, Jota not a patch on his pre injury form, but what can we expect from a player coming back from long term injury?

Keita was ineffective, but he’s never been a regular. Unimaginative squad player. 

Basically, a ball bounces awkwardly for Mo on the edge of the box, and he’s tackled , loses possession & its a sweet finish. Once we went behind, we lost all hope. Football is 99% mental in my book.

It’s always the little things when momentum is not there. I think the owners HAVE to back Klopp with big money in these unprecedented times, regardless of the run to the season’s end.

Is Klopp ok? He’ll be hurting, but he’s a fighter and he’s already publicly stated he doesn’t believe any other manager could walk in and solve the problems. I believe he’s ‘up for it’

We're absolutely shit and having a paper-thin squad but great first 11 has come back to bite the club and the owners in the arse big time. 

There has been no long term thinking ffom thr club or any sign of ambition to improve as shown by the dire January transfer window. For years the club was run on a don't sit still and rest on your laurels but it seems the people at thr club have just sat on their backsides and patted themselves on the back. 

Another false dawn strikes again for LFC but atleast this time we've won the title before the football gods fuxk us over the season after.

4 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Because he's famously a little bitch who runs away the first time things don't go his way?

The 1 thing ive always said about him even though he is a world class manager is im not sure he know how to play football any other way than what we have over the last few years same thing thats happening now happened at Mainz and Dourtmund teams learned how to nullify his style of play.We have looked like a rabbit in the headlights since the end of December and there seems to be no clue of how to change it. Why do i say i can see him walking away ? simple personal issues lack of support from those above etc at times this season he has looked a broken man.....bigger men have walked away for lesser reasons   

6 minutes ago, aRdja said:

You have just basically ignored my point and just quoted me some preset tactics from FM. City don’t have monopoly over a pretty basic football move 3 Stacks. What I’m asking them to try is pretty standard stuff. Mo and Mane have plenty of experience playing as more traditional wide players. 

No, I haven't. When you play with wide wingers like City do, the overlap will clearly be more on. When you play with basically 3 narrow strikers like we have for about 4 years, then naturally, that won't be as much of a tactic. Not sure why that needed explaining. 

2 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

We're absolutely shit and having a paper-thin squad but great first 11 has come back to bite the club and the owners in the arse big time. 

There has been no long term thinking ffom thr club or any sign of ambition to improve as shown by the dire January transfer window. For years the club was run on a don't sit still and rest on your laurels but it seems the people at thr club have just sat on their backsides and patted themselves on the back. 

Another false dawn strikes again for LFC but atleast this time we've won the title before the football gods fuxk us over the season after.

I don’t quite buy that.

We’re guilty of not bolstering the back line, knowing that Matip is in and out of the team with niggles. We should have bought 2 defenders in the last two seasons, got rid of Origi and had a good ‘fill’ for the front three. 

2 minutes ago, andyj said:

The 1 thing ive always said about him even though he is a world class manager is im not sure he know how to play football any other way than what we have over the last few years same thing thats happening now happened at Mainz and Dourtmund teams learned how to nullify his style of play.We have looked like a rabbit in the headlights since the end of December and there seems to be no clue of how to change it. Why do i say i can see him walking away ? simple personal issues lack of support from those above etc at times this season he has looked a broken man.....bigger men have walked away for lesser reasons   

I am not having a go bud, but this makes no sense. He got sussed out at Mainz so went to a bigger club in the top league and won it?

• Upvote 2