You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fulham (H) PL - Sun 7th Mar 2021 at 14:00

8 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Ordinarily, I would have negged you for the Harbio - they’re like a shit version of your childhood favourites. However, Eccles cakes are amazing, so have some rep.

M&S Eccles cakes are lovely.

• Upvote 1

Just now, aRdja said:

When you watch City, you often see their wide players on the ball, running at their defenders, and their fullbacks consistently overlapping. We just refuse to even attempt. I honestly didn’t see Salah running at them from wide once. Out tactics simply don’t work anymore. We point blank refuse to try anything else.

If Salah actually bothers to get wide then Trent just hovers back.  I don’t know if it’s because he’s scared Mo is going to give it away because that tends to be what he does but most of the time out there if he had Trent overlapping it would help him dribble even if he didn’t play him in.  If Trent gets it in advanced position on the wing Mo just goes goal hanging and Trents never dribbling it.  The worst thing that could possibly happen in that game was Trent hitting Mane at the back post.  It’s such a low percentage success to be crossing from there.  We didn’t score and it gave Trent the confidence to just keep hitting the ball of which all were then completely Shite. 

On the other side Mane going out wide just doesn’t happen.  It’s as if Klopp’s unpredictably which he wanted from us has meant Mane going permanently inside.  We then end up with Robertson on his own.  Today Jota went out there and Robbo overlapped so many times and was ignored.  It’s painful to watch and it so obvious we don’t train it and possibly even train tk do the opposite.

1 minute ago, VladimirIlyich said:

It would be a nightmare scenario. I dread to think who they'd replace him with.

Who's managing Preston now a days ? Were buying players from down there may aswell get a manager from there. Hopefully Klopp stays as I don't trust FSG to appoint anyone really.

Disgraceful performance.

Something has to be up behind the scenes. Jurgen lost his mam so I'm not talking about him. Ali is pretty incredible to be playing after losing his dad.

The others? They have so much credit in the bank, I can take a shit half season. My gut is that something big has happened and it's completely fucked up morale. A team with so many so called world class players losing so many games to shite teams can happen maybe twice in a few weeks. Not six or seven times in two months.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

KLOPP! PISS! PARTRIDGE! 

Some shite decisions being made by the management team. Some half arsed, ringed in performances being made by the players too. Keita did alright, effort and application wise, but the majority of them didn't look arsed. No zip about the play. Nobody standing up and pushing the team on. Just an all round acceptance of defeat once we went behind. 

And, it's getting to the stage of no longer being acceptable. We don't want soul searching Instagram posts about how we'll try to bounce back against our next opponents or about how we'll push on soon. We want fucking performances. Losing is just about acceptable. But, this level of play, week after week, simply isn't. 

Sort it the fuck out. We're better than this. We're better than most of the players we face. Go out and grab games by the scruff of the neck and stop being utter shithouses. 

I'm livid. 

In just at a total loss as to what the fck has happened to us.

it feels utterly surreal.

there really is no excuse for this implosion. Injuries, officials, lack of crowds it's gone far beyond that now. We are genuinely one of the worst four or five teams in the division right now.

rock bottom seems a very long way off.

1 minute ago, waddy78 said:

I honestly think Klopp will walk in the summer, I can't see FSG backing him with hundreds of millions or anything near that he looks fed up lost even he saying all the right things but there is something massive going on behind the scenes.

I really hope he does not, but right now he does not have any answers it seems and his players appear to have largely given up.

Something serious is going on/has happened and it looks like it is going to require some really, really hard work to fix.

Yes we all know about centre half crisis and all the many knock on effects that has had all over team, but even allowing for that we shouldn't be doing what we have done since mid December.

What is it now 11 pts from 13 games or something....no goals from open play at home in about 12 hrs....6 home losses on bounce...

A team lacking in fight, a team that looks like it has no discernible plan, players hopelessly out of form and with no confidence - no verve or tempo to our play, easy to play against, predictable.....an aura in pieces too.

And sadly at present a manager and coaching team who just don't seem to have any answers - an incredible fall from where we were....and a an absolutely huge task now to stop bleeding and rebuild - one if manager has to carry out with hands tied behind his back that may be beyond even him.

10 minutes ago, aRdja said:

When you watch City, you often see their wide players on the ball, running at their defenders, and their fullbacks consistently overlapping. We just refuse to even attempt. I honestly didn’t see Salah running at them from wide once. Out tactics simply don’t work anymore. We point blank refuse to try anything else.

City have fundamentally different tactics than we do. It literally couldn't be more different. It's no use crying that we aren't like them.