You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Greatest Album Ever - Round 2 - Group 5 (Vote for your top two)

Bjornebye

Greatest Album Ever - Round 2 - Group 5 (Vote for your top two)  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Greatest Album Ever - Round 2 - Group 5 (Vote for your top two)

• The Beatles - Sgt Peppers
    • The Beatles - Rubber Soul
    • Beach Boys - Pet Sounds
    • Radiohead - OK Computer
    • Stone Roses - The Stone Roses

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/03/21 at 15:56

1 minute ago, Mook said:

I went for The Stone Roses & Pet Sounds.

Boring if all The Beatles albums piss it.

It will be a Beatles winner and probably a final if the draw sits for them. I wanted to jib them but people wanted them in. We've already got a Favourite Beatles Album thread as well. 

34 minutes ago, SasaS said:

It is interesting that it turns out for most people on here any Beatles album is still better than any other album by any other group.

I'm not sure if Please Please Me or With The Beatles would fare so well against the likes of Pet Sounds or Rumours.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Mook said:

Not sure if Please Please Me or With The Beatles would fare so well against the likes of Pet Sounds or Rumours.

Please Please Me is my favourite Beatles album. I love the raw sound,naivety and the great covers they did. Sometimes under produced can work as well as over produced.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, SasaS said:

It is interesting that it turns out for most people on here any Beatles album is still better than any other album by any other group.

Not really a surprise. If Stig hadn’t said you can only pick one album per artist we’d have even more Beatles albums in this tournament. The White album didn’t even make it. 

1 minute ago, SasaS said:

But surely people from Liverpool are allowed to like music not made in Liverpool too.

I don’t think it’s a Liverpool thing with the Beatles. They’re the most popular band the world over. I think there is a bit of that with The La’s knocking out Forever Changes and Cosmo’s Factory though. 

Some of it may be familiarity with the music if it’s local, It’s not uncommon for bands to have a strong local following. Courteeners can sell out gigs with 50,000 people in Manchester, Gerry Cinnamon similar in Scotland.