You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

This Meghan and Harry Thing

Bjornebye

2 minutes ago, Jack the Sipper said:

TBF, I've seen enough existing articles, in the DM and elsewhere, nearly identical but for the race/religion/sexuality of the person concerned (and, some in some cases, not least Harry and Meghan's, the spin attached to the article) to have a good idea how that exercise would turn out.

Exactly. 

54 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Sarah Vine in being lying horrible vicious cunt shocker

Some American Vogue writer has pulled the DM up on using the term 'niggling' as well. usually I'd say its being over sensitive and probably wasn't in any way said with a hint of racist undertone but seeing as its her and in that racist paper I can't help but think it's a dig. 

I heard it through the hate vine 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

52 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

How much better would the UK be if every single Daily Mail reader was fired in to outer space?

Id settle for the Murdoch family and Lord Rothmere. Rupert Murdoch has been an aggressive cancer to human society, a malignant tumour. I cant begin to imagine the damage he's caused especially to the psyche of certain countries. 

• Upvote 3

31 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Id settle for the Murdoch family and Lord Rothmere. Rupert Murdoch has been an aggressive cancer to human society, a malignant tumour. I cant begin to imagine the damage he's caused especially to the psyche of certain countries. 

One of the most dangerous people on the planet, IMO. Just an evil, self serving cunt with too much influence over the weak minded.

12 minutes ago, Stickman said:

Brilliant...

In a way Potter is lucky he passed away or the Twitter brigade would  find a way of using Pennies from Heaven as some sort of antisemitic trope 

Can't you be called Anti-Semitic Posthumously? I might set up my 33rd twitter account and tell Rachel Riley that I had a dream last night and Dennis Potter told me he preferred Vorderman. Watch her get a t-shirt mocked up and post it to her hordes within the hour. 

• Upvote 2

http://irelandoncraic.com/good-morning-offaly-midlands103/

Piers Morgan Lands Dream Job Presenting Good Morning Offaly On Midlands 103 FM

March 10, 2021 Ringo

Screenshot_20210310-200410_Google-678x38

Broadcaster Piers Morgan has landed his dream job just days after walking out of ITV’s Good Morning Britain live on air. Good Morning Offaly goes out on Midlands Radio on weekdays from 7am to 10am and has literally hundreds of listeners. Not just all over Offaly either, the signal also reaches several houses in neighbouring Laois and Westmeath.

Current presenter John-Joe Molloy said he’s happy to move to a different time slot if it means Midlands Radio gets such a big star on board. So what kind of show is Piers Morgan taking over?

“Basically you read out a list of all the local people who died last night and play a few songs.” said John-Joe. “That’s pretty much it. The death notices every hour and some music. I give Broken Wings by Mister Mister a spin most mornings and of course Don’t Stop Believing by Journey. You wouldn’t want to stray too far from those classics. Anything from the last 30 years is a big no no. You’d only start losing listeners. They’re all shite anyway if you ask me.”

Piers Morgan told us this morning he can’t wait to start his new job and said he’s currently house hunting in Tullamore.

“When I was working for CNN in New York and ITV in London, one question was always at the back of my mind. Am I good enough yet to present Good Morning Offaly? Well we’re about to find out. This is the big one. If you want to be recognised as the best you have to test yourself on the biggest stage and there’s no bigger stage than Midlands 103 FM. And what’s the point of being in showbiz if you don’t get to hang out in places like the Bridge House, Joe Lee’s and the legendary Fergie’s Bar. Watch out Tullamore, Morgan’s coming to town.

I see Hebdo's getting it in the neck (pun intended) from the lunatic fringes of both the left and right on Twitter. On one side because of the supposed mocking of Meghan and George Floyd and the trivialising of the BLM movement, on the other because it shows the Queen as a homicidal maniac with hairy legs. Lots of mental gymnastics going on as both sides try to claim the righteously outraged position.