You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

This Meghan and Harry Thing

Bjornebye

21 minutes ago, Jack the Sipper said:

I don't want to derail the thread, but I've seen a few interviews where she's had it out with government ministers, questioning them and doing her best to make sure they answer her questions instead of allowing them to regurgitate their pre-prepared soundbites. She just doesn't do it with the same abrasiveness, or sweeping statements and accusations as Morgan. Nor does she share his gift for self-promotion.

Besides, did Morgan really have a rep for taking on the Tories outside of their response to the covid outbreak? Can't say being a Tory antagonist was something I particularly associated with him before then. A narcissistic cunt who's prepared to do or say anything that keeps people taking about him? Yes. A defender of the people? Hmm.

He's certainly a narcissist cunt and he certainly yearns self promotion but he has been the most vocal critic of the government's handling of the covid shambles on MSM. 

Edit.. you wont get the same level of government scrutiny as shown below anywhere else.. 

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/showbiz-tv/piers-morgan-matt-hancock-most-19893935

31 minutes ago, Jack the Sipper said:

I don't want to derail the thread, but I've seen a few interviews where she's had it out with government ministers, questioning them and doing her best to make sure they answer her questions instead of allowing them to regurgitate their pre-prepared soundbites. She just doesn't do it with the same abrasiveness, or sweeping statements and accusations as Morgan. Nor does she share his gift for self-promotion.

Besides, did Morgan really have a rep for taking on the Tories outside of their response to the covid outbreak? Can't say being a Tory antagonist was something I particularly associated with him before then. A narcissistic cunt who's prepared to do or say anything that keeps people taking about him? Yes. A defender of the people? Hmm.

He certainly a tory antagonist here and their are very few tory antagonists in the MSM, 

4 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Barnes was spot on on Peston last night, he said Harry and meghan didn't say they left because the royals are racist, but because the press are racist, and the press is focusing on that one comment to avert attention.

I'm surprised more people haven't picked up on that but it's selling papers and winning viewers over.

14 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Another Tory who won't question the government in anything. Seems about right.

Sarah Vine in being lying horrible vicious cunt shocker

Some American Vogue writer has pulled the DM up on using the term 'niggling' as well. usually I'd say its being over sensitive and probably wasn't in any way said with a hint of racist undertone but seeing as its her and in that racist paper I can't help but think it's a dig. 

The niggling thing could be a subtle dig but it also might not be. It's the type of thing that ends up being used as ammunition for people saying "it's pc gone mad" and causes pushback. It could be a cheap dig but it's also a cheap thing to focus on to create a wider outrage because its a legitimate use of a word that just happens to share letters with a racist one. The American vogue writer can't know the thought behind it's use, only guess at it.

Blowing up innocuous things out of context I think is contributing to a more divisive society. 

'snigger' is another one of those words that has been co-opted by online racists, their clever way of nearly using a racial slur without fear of censure.

I had no idea it was a thing until recently, when some black, left-leaning commentator on Twitter called Femi pulled someone on it. Sure enough, his tweet replies elsewhere were full of the word 'snigger' in threads started by black people. A few others on Femi's thread also shared examples of other flag shaggers doing the same on black people's threads.

It all seems a bit infantile, to say the least. 

11 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

The niggling thing could be a subtle dig but it also might not be. It's the type of thing that ends up being used as ammunition for people saying "it's pc gone mad" and causes pushback. It could be a cheap dig but it's also a cheap thing to focus on to create a wider outrage because its a legitimate use of a word that just happens to share letters with a racist one. The American vogue writer can't know the thought behind it's use, only guess at it.

Blowing up innocuous things out of context I think is contributing to a more divisive society. 

Yeah the niggling thing isn't really worth talking about but the rest? Her having the cheek to write the bottom right article after all of the other articles she has written is genuinely warped. She's a hate filled cunt and when she fucks her beak sniffing troll husband she's filled with even more hate. 

1 minute ago, Jack the Sipper said:

'snigger' is another one of those words that has been co-opted by online racists, their clever way of nearly using a racial slur without fear of censure.

I had no idea it was a thing until recently, when some black, left-leaning commentator on Twitter called Femi pulled someone on it. Sure enough, his tweet replies were full of the word 'snigger' in threads started by black people. A few others on Femi's thread also shared examples of other flag shaggers doing the same on black people's threads.

It all seems a bit infantile, to say the least. 

I'd love to hack the DM and start two articles. 

"Lady thrown off train on way to work for forgetting her train pass and missing job interview" and a picture of a white woman. 

Then the same article a month later but with a black woman then look at the different attitudes in the comments section. 

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I'd love to hack the DM and start two articles. 

"Lady thrown off train on way to work for forgetting her train pass and missing job interview" and a picture of a white woman. 

Then the same article a month later but with a black woman then look at the different attitudes in the comments section. 

TBF, I've seen enough existing articles, in the DM and elsewhere, nearly identical but for the race/religion/sexuality of the person concerned (and, some in some cases, not least Harry and Meghan's, the spin attached to the article) to have a good idea how that exercise would turn out.