You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

This Meghan and Harry Thing

Bjornebye

48 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I don't buy this.

Everyone should have a right to decide which bits of their life they share with all and sundry and which bits they keep to themselves. Just because you have a public profile - for whatever reason - doesn't mean your whole life is public property. 

Yeah, that's the Piers Morgan justification, I.e the fact you do an interview with Terry Wogan entitles me to send a photographer with a telephoto lens to sit outside your house 24/7.

Basically, the vast, vast, vast majority of the British press and commentariat are among the most unsavoury people to have ever walked the earth, but they need permission to ply their trade. When the Palace give their okay, as they did with Diana and now her son, it's open season. 

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Yeah, that's the Piers Morgan justification, I.e the fact you do an interview with Terry Wogan entitles me to send a photographer with a telephoto lens to sit outside your house 24/7.

Basically, the vast, vast, vast majority of the British press and commentariat are among the most unsavoury people to have ever walked the earth, but they need permission to ply their trade. When the Palace give their okay, as they did with Diana and now her son, it's open season. 

Remember Morgan flourished in the age of Benny the Bin. He’s a despicable cunt and has only stayed on TV because he’s got shit on everyone.  When Morgan dies, hopefully quite soon, the amount of shit on him will be incredible.  

• Upvote 1

You know life is tough when you feel you have to move to Los Angeles and sign an exclusive interview contract with Oprah Winfrey. I feel for them. 

How come people were riled when Harry and meghan lived in that cottage and the press were publicising every coffee bean they spent money on, but nobody has a problem with Andrew's ugly daughter living there now on the taxpayer nipple?

The reason the palace freaked out over her from word go is that they can't control her and can't control the narrative around her, that's why the whole Oprah Winfrey thing is horrifying to them.

Their press and pr operation is so shit too they're lightyears behind anything any of the yanks can throw out. 

"Yeah yeah well she's a bully and Andy he don't sweat."

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

You know life is tough when you feel you have to move to Los Angeles and sign an exclusive interview contract with Oprah Winfrey. I feel for them. 

This attitude amazes me. They’ve (the royals) have acted horrifically towards her, they’ve briefed shite and the minute she fights back the tugging the forelock attitude kicks in. 

It’s entirely possible rich people can be treated poorly. Saying ‘well it’s ok you’re rich’ is a very very slippery slope argument.  One day you’ll be the person deemed ‘too rich’ 

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

This attitude amazes me. They’ve (the royals) have acted horrifically towards her, they’ve briefed shite and the minute she fights back the tugging the forelock attitude kicks in. 

It’s entirely possible rich people can be treated poorly. Saying ‘well it’s ok you’re rich’ is a very very slippery slope argument.  One day you’ll be the person deemed ‘too rich’ 

There are two sides to every story. Harry has been happy enough to live the life of a Royal with the hardships that come with it. Now he is married and suddenly he's had a moment of clarity, he doesn't want it any more? 

There's probably right and wrong on both sides. Is chatting about it on a TV show going to really solve the problem they have or is it more an opportunity to use the platform for their business interests? 

48 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

I blame the parents

Yeah and probably so does prince Philip and what did Phil the greek send Harry and Meghan as a hand of friendship gift from his deathbed the other day? A weekend trip to Paris, 

10 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

How come people were riled when Harry and meghan lived in that cottage and the press were publicising every coffee bean they spent money on, but nobody has a problem with Andrew's ugly daughter living there now on the taxpayer nipple?

The reason the palace freaked out over her from word go is that they can't control her and can't control the narrative around her, that's why the whole Oprah Winfrey thing is horrifying to them.

Their press and pr operation is so shit too they're lightyears behind anything any of the yanks can throw out. 

Plus she's black.

2 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Yeah and probably so does prince Philip and what did Phil the greek send Harry and Meghan as a hand of friendship gift from his deathbed the other day? A weekend trip to Paris, 

Jesus, that's appalling. 

12 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Personally I'd love to see the axe fall on every part of the Royal Family. It would put an end to all of the stuff surrounding them and they'd have to earn an honest living rather than ponce off the state. 

15 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

There are two sides to every story. Harry has been happy enough to live the life of a Royal with the hardships that come with it. Now he is married and suddenly he's had a moment of clarity, he doesn't want it any more? 

There's probably right and wrong on both sides. Is chatting about it on a TV show going to really solve the problem they have or is it more an opportunity to use the platform for their business interests? 

Has he? Exactly what do you know in order to form that opinion? I’d guess nothing.  

31 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

5 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Has he? Exactly what do you know in order to form that opinion? I’d guess nothing.  

The whole saga seems to based on he said, she said. Nobody knows for sure what is truth and what isn't other than the parties involved. 

Also worth mentioning that moving to Los Angeles shouldn't instantly assume it's a place where the rich go. Most people who move to LA go there more in hope than expectation that they can forge a career for themselves. Many work in restaurants, coffee houses etc while they audition for parts and most don't make it. 

Meghan is in a great place for her career, not going to knock it as she could be a successful actress on the back of it but it certainly makes a hard career a lot easier. 

28 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

The whole saga seems to based on he said, she said. Nobody knows for sure what is truth and what isn't other than the parties involved. 

Also worth mentioning that moving to Los Angeles shouldn't instantly assume it's a place where the rich go. Most people who move to LA go there more in hope than expectation that they can forge a career for themselves. Many work in restaurants, coffee houses etc while they audition for parts and most don't make it. 

Meghan is in a great place for her career, not going to knock it as she could be a successful actress on the back of it but it certainly makes a hard career a lot easier. 

Well it’s not is it? You have the evidence of the newspaper articles. Avocados are either good, or bad. Holding your baby bump

is good or bad. 

I’ve no idea what you mean about LA. They are both independent millionaires. They weren’t going to live under a bridge. 

6 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Well it’s not is it? You have the evidence of the newspaper articles. Avocados are either good, or bad. Holding your baby bump

is good or bad. 

I’ve no idea what you mean about LA. They are both independent millionaires. They weren’t going to live under a bridge. 

Did someone mention under a bridge?

Edit.. that's a fucking shocker that headline, sinister.

6 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

is good or bad. 

Either you're saying the papers are providing evidence or that because it's been proven they lied, there's no way that Meghan could be lying too. The paper stories I have no idea about as I don't read them, very little to gain from reading them as they're garbage at the best of times. But as I understand it they lied about an issue regarding her father. 

As for LA, why did they specifically have to move there? I thought they wanted to promote issues close to their heart. Or perhaps they can only do that from the screen and stage. 

2 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I don't buy this.

Everyone should have a right to decide which bits of their life they share with all and sundry and which bits they keep to themselves. Just because you have a public profile - for whatever reason - doesn't mean your whole life is public property. 

Agreed. 

It's the difference between a woman choosing to do a page 3 shoot and her being secretly photographed topless in the shower and those photos appearing on page 3. 

A clear and obvious difference. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Either you're saying the papers are providing evidence or that because it's been proven they lied, there's no way that Meghan could be lying too. The paper stories I have no idea about as I don't read them, very little to gain from reading them as they're garbage at the best of times. But as I understand it they lied about an issue regarding her father. 

As for LA, why did they specifically have to move there? I thought they wanted to promote issues close to their heart. Or perhaps they can only do that from the screen and stage. 

I’m struggling like fuck to understand your argument. If you claim not to read the press then you won’t get the references to when her behaviour was ‘bad’ and kates was ‘good’. 

They didn’t ‘have’ to they chose to, and who’s fucking business is it? They don’t want to live in Bumfuck Alabama, why they hell are you judging where they want to live?  It’s fucking mental.