You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Klopp: Champions League qualification is vitally important

TLW

25 minutes ago, coachpotato said:

This exactly.

I worry that there just seems to be bemused faces everywhere, on the pitch, on the line and in interviews.

Shell shocked would apply too.

Shell shock is spot on. I watched that interview with klopp last night, it was like he didn't know what to do or say. The players at times are looking surprised when the ball lands at their feet, especially the forwards. And you think we'll win one and it'll give them a boost, but they come out the next game exactly the same. Before this run we were coming out in games pretty slowly quite often, but we had the confidence and ability to mostly turn those slow starts around. It seems now we start slowly and that slow start just seems to sap everything out of them and we almost get worse by the minute. It's like they've forgotten who they are, but 8 of them who started last night were 1st choice for the CL & PL. 

Got us 9th on 57 points. 

M. City 96

Chelsea 76

Leicester 73

Tottenham 68

Everton 68

M. United 67

West Ham 63

Arsenal 61

Although to me that now looks like more than Leicester will get, I think 3rd to 6th will be close with those four teams. 

Newcastle relegated instead of Fulham. 

3 hours ago, Jairzinho said:

Got us 9th on 57 points. 

M. City 96

Chelsea 76

Leicester 73

Tottenham 68

Everton 68

M. United 67

West Ham 63

Arsenal 61

Although to me that now looks like more than Leicester will get, I think 3rd to 6th will be close with those four teams. 

Newcastle relegated instead of Fulham. 

I think i have been way too generous getting us to 68.

Newcastle just avoided drop on mine by a single point.

1 hour ago, an tha said:

We have 11 games left and you think we will get 25 points in those games, yeah that seems highly optimistic. I think we will be lucky to get half of those so somewhere at fiftysomething seems like a reasonable shout to me.  We really have dropped off a cliff this season. Jaysus. 

2 hours ago, an tha said:

I had us picking up most of our points away from home against sides that might attack a bit. The rest were draws and losses. I can see loads of 0-0s and 1-0 losses against the dregs of the league.

8 hours ago, DJLJ said:

We have 11 games left and you think we will get 25 points in those games, yeah that seems highly optimistic. I think we will be lucky to get half of those so somewhere at fiftysomething seems like a reasonable shout to me.  We really have dropped off a cliff this season. Jaysus. 

Fair shout.

Sadly.

Goes to show there's alot of games for us still to play and all the teams have to play each other. If we could win a few games we could still qualify for CL.

But we're utter crap so we won't

On 06/03/2021 at 14:54, Red Shift said:

2005 all over again. Why not? I sense the players want to give the CL their all, knowing exactly what it means.

The players haven’t given their all for almost a year now. No idea why you think they are actually going to give a shit now?

43 minutes ago, DJLJ said:

The players haven’t given their all for almost a year now. No idea why you think they are actually going to give a shit now?

I don’t think the players believe they can get top four. They just don’t believe it. However, I think they’ll try to mobilise in Europe, because it’s a chance to turn everything around in a fresh way.