You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Weirdest films you ever seen

Remmie

7 hours ago, easytoslip said:

I watched Mullholland Drive for the 2nd time in hers some years ago, at the end she and her daughter said, what was all that about? despite not taking their eyes off it for its duration, and more surprisingly barely a word. 

There's some good scenes in it though, I particularly like the bit where he goes to meet the Cowboy, though it's spoilt by some silly scenes like the one with the two old people near the end. 

Yep. It's quite a captivating film. And, it's not a bad film. It's just proper strange. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Paul said:

Eraserhead is about as hatstand as cinema gets. Stuff like Blue Velvet and Brazil (mentioned above - by Mook, I think?) seem positively mainstream by comparison. It’s truly fucking bizarre; disturbingly so. 

Yep, everything else pretty much feels normal compared to that.

Man bites dog is a notable weird and strange, as was 2001 a Space Odyssey, at the time(still is if am honest)

3 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

This is a superb film with some very very very weird bits. Fat Alan getting force fed LSD in dog food being one of many weird scenes. Denise Van Outen deep throats a cucumber as well. Its unreal. 

51cKDfGwENL._AC_.jpg

I've definitely not looked for that clip on YouTube. That scene is so daft, she just starts doing it in the middle of a group conversation for no obvious reason and then the guy starts flipping out about it and if his wife found out about him watching a fruit and veg show. 

2 minutes ago, Remmie said:

I've definitely not looked for that clip on YouTube. That scene is so daft, she just starts doing it in the middle of a group conversation for no obvious reason and then the guy starts flipping out about it and if his wife found out about him watching a fruit and veg show. 

Watch the film Rem. Him and his wife (Kathy Burke) are having a difficult sex life. Thats not the plot of the film but a very funny side story. 

7 hours ago, johnsusername said:

Kill List is brilliant. I thought I was sitting down to watch some British gangster film - 90 minutes later I was absolutely freaked out. I always remember the fella looking out his hotel window and seeing that woman looking up. 

My only criticism would be the end, which could have been a bit smarter.

Same, it's great right up until the end. Which goes off at a tangent.

48 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Watch the film Rem. Him and his wife (Kathy Burke) are having a difficult sex life. Thats not the plot of the film but a very funny side story. 

Think I've seen enough mate

• Upvote 1

Four pages in and no mention of Zardoz?

Zardoz.jpg

Went to see Synectoche, New York with some colleagues when it came out. Half the group thought is was amazing, the other half felt they'd been robbed of 2 hours of their lives watching indulgent shite. The second group were right.

• Upvote 3

It's mad all these people who have watched A Serbian Film all the way through and are then disgusted and horrified by it. No idea what prompted you all to watch it in the first place. From the little research i've done (ie wikipedia) it sounds like the kind of thing i would steadfastly avoid, just utterly horrible. Surely you all must have had an inkling of what the film was about?   

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Total Longo said:

It's mad all these people who have watched A Serbian Film all the way through and are then disgusted and horrified by it. No idea what prompted you all to watch it in the first place. From the little research i've done (ie wikipedia) it sounds like the kind of thing i would steadfastly avoid, just utterly horrible. Surely you all must have had an inkling of what the film was about?   

Never heard of it. Just read the synopsis and fuck watching that right off. Jesus, why would you make a film like that? Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

19 minutes ago, Total Longo said:

I'd just heard a buzz and wanted to watch it in a, "Can I stomach it?" way.  Its so desperate to be shocking that it's remarkay comical despite the horrendous subject matter. It makes The Human Centipede look like The Sound of Music. 

37 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

I'd just heard a buzz and wanted to watch it in a, "Can I stomach it?" way.  Its so desperate to be shocking that it's remarkay comical despite the horrendous subject matter. It makes The Human Centipede look like The Sound of Music. 

I recall someone in work discussing Human Centipede 2 and saying "you've got to watch it, it's vile!" like that was a selling point.  I'm not a big horror film lover at the best of times, but i will watch the odd one. That Serbian film just looks utterly bleak, which isn't usually enticing. 

This Is The End. Seth Rogen and his mates playing (slightly) fictional versions of themselves during some apocalyptic event. It's supposed to be a comedy but I must be missing something because it and they are nowhere near as funny as they want us to think they are.

42 minutes ago, Trumo said:

This Is The End. Seth Rogen and his mates playing (slightly) fictional versions of themselves during some apocalyptic event. It's supposed to be a comedy but I must be missing something because it and they are nowhere near as funny as they want us to think they are.

You've just summed up Seth Rogan's whole career in a paragraph.

Watched some film about the raid on Entebbe a few weeks back. Had Rosamund Pike and Daniel Bruhl in it.

Was expecting a big shoot out and lots of action when the Israeli soldiers storm the airport but the director decided to inter link the action with a ballet scene where all the dancers strip off to loud banging music. Fucking weird and spoiled any suspense or momentum of what should have been the most entertaining part of the film.

One of the Israeli soldiers had a girlfriend who was a ballet dancer so somehow they shoehorned that into the main scene of the film.

22 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Watched some film about the raid on Entebbe a few weeks back. Had Rosamund Pike and Daniel Bruhl in it.

Was expecting a big shoot out and lots of action when the Israeli soldiers storm the airport but the director decided to inter link the action with a ballet scene where all the dancers strip off to loud banging music. Fucking weird and spoiled any suspense or momentum of what should have been the most entertaining part of the film.

One of the Israeli soldiers had a girlfriend who was a ballet dancer so somehow they shoehorned that into the main scene of the film.

Israeli soldiers started shooting ballet dancers? Expected.