You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Greatest Album Ever - Round 2 - Group 3 (Vote for your top two)

Bjornebye

Greatest Album Ever - Round 2 - Group 3 (Vote for your top two)  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Greatest Album Ever - Round 2 - Group 3 (Vote for your top two)

• Kate Bush - Hounds of Love
    • The Doors - LA Woman
    • Neil Young - After the Goldrush
    • Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon
    • Bruce Springsteen - Born in the USA

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/03/21 at 13:29

3 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

Kate Bush seems to have achieved a mythical status on this forum way in excess of her actual achievements.

She’s good, great even, but shouldn’t be getting out of this group. 

Hounds of Love has received a lot of plaudits over the years from outside the forum. This is from its Wikipedia entry-

In 2020, Rolling Stone Magazine ranked Hounds of Love as the 68th greatest album of all time.

Pitchfork included the album at number 4 on their list of The 200 Best Albums of the 1980s.[34]

In a poll of the public conducted by NPR, Hounds of Love was voted in fourth place in its list of 150 greatest albums ever made by female artists.[35]

The album was placed at number 10 in the NME critics' list of the best albums of 1985.[36]

In 1998, Q magazine readers voted Hounds of Love the 48th-greatest album of all time,[5] while two years later the same magazine placed it at number 20 in its list of the "100 Greatest British Albums Ever", and the third "Greatest Album of All-Time by a Female Artist" in 2002.[37] In 2006, Q placed the album at number 4 in its list of "40 Best Albums of the '80s".[38] In January 2006, NME named it the 41st best British album of all time. The 19th edition of British Hit Singles & Albums, published by Guinness in May 2006, included a list of the Top 100 albums of all time, as voted by readers of the book and NME readers, which placed Hounds of Love at number 70.[2] In 2008, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution said the album should be given consideration when listing albums released between 1978 and 1988 that have stood the test of time while remaining influential and enjoyable to this day.[39] In 2012, Slant Magazine listed the album at No. 10 on its list of "Best Albums of the 1980s".[40] NME placed Hounds of Love 48th on its "500 Greatest Albums of All Time" list.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, mgw100 said:

Neil Young by miles in this one for me. I would have happily not voted for a second choice but went with The Doors.

Same for me.

I actually accidentally voted for someone else in the previous round with "After the Goldrush".

Haven't listened to any of these and dont find more than a couple of songs by any of the artists more than half decent. The Doors made some cracking singles but they were on different albums. If Riders on the Storm was the only song on the album I'd vote for that. While I like Neil Young's voice I find most of his songs a bit boring.