You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Football Manager Comp (Rules)

Bruce Spanner

Going to fire off the PMs for my Midfielders and defenders. 

I won't with the forwards as there are 7 picks and depending on who is pick will change my pick so you may have to wait on that one, ill be on by around 3pm or so

5 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Just looking at the MF draft. I’ve got an issue with Serge Gnabry getting picked. That’s just not cricket. 

He's got more of a claim the Kulusevski as he is actually a natural at MR & ML, but not CM so he is a midfielder of sorts.

For comparisson...

Screenshot 2021-03-04 at 11.13.48.pngScreenshot 2021-03-04 at 11.13.54.png

@Bruce Spanner - A little update is needed in the selections spreadsheet, please.

You've popped Meslier in as my pick, but he belongs to Karl_b. I updated the GK selection thread for Karl, so I think that's where the confusion has come in.

13 hours ago, Karl_b said:

Illan Meslier (U23)

8 hours ago, Dynamite said:

ARdja - 1) Alisson Becker

Lee909 - 1) Jan Oblak

Alex_K - 1) Ederson

No2 - 1) Marc-Andre ter Stegen

Skidfingers McGonical - 1) Gianluigi Donnarruma (U23)

Pidge - 1) Manuel Neuer

CT - 1) Thibaut Courtois

Eel - 1) Wojciech Szczesny 

Stig - 1) Bernd Leno

Dynamite - 1) Samir Handanovic

Bruce -1) Andre Onana

rb14 - 1) Kepa Arrizabalaga

John102 - 1) Keylor Navas

Street Preacher - 1) David De Gea 

Istvan - 1) Unai Simon (U23)

Mr Holliday - 1) Eduoard Mendy 

SD - 1) Dean Henderson (U23)

Scott_M - 1) Hugo Lloris

Karl_b - 1) Rui Patricio 2) Illan Meslier (U23)

sir roger - 1) Guanluigi Buffon  2) Alphonse Areola

• Upvote 1

I think if this was done again I'd either draft Midfielders and forwards together Amd let people chose how they want to approach drafting or have it

Midfielder Central

Any DCM/CM/AM

Anyone who plays on the wing or as a 10 should go in with the forwards. Like if Coutinho who did play midfield for us for a while would be obviously a forward as he obviously spent far more of his career in the 10/LW role. Gnabry would be a forward as he plays in a 433 out wide, I mean how often do you see a traditional 442 winger like Giggs or Beckham these days

22 minutes ago, John102 said:

I dont know if im misjudging this but a couple of teams seem to be designed for 5 years into the future, not 3.

I plan to win the first season, that comment throughout the rest of the game about how nobody now cares.

I have Buffon so that's a tad harsh. I was going to put U23 in a bracket next to his name as a joke but thought it might see CT off completely.