You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Our CB situation.

Code

@Code Have you got any more holidays booked?  I want to see one of these spreadsheets on our midfield.  I think we'd all agree that our best midfield would be three from Fabinho, Henderson, Wijnaldum and Thiago; it'd be interesting to see how many times we've been able to field them.

22 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

@Code Have you got any more holidays booked?  I want to see one of these spreadsheets on our midfield.  I think we'd all agree that our best midfield would be three from Fabinho, Henderson, Wijnaldum and Thiago; it'd be interesting to see how many times we've been able to field them.

Ill look into it at Easter. 

• Upvote 5

I thought the back four were pretty good defensively last night , and it was by far Kabak's best game for us.

If only Jurgen knew how much money we were wasting on highly qualified scouts messing around pretending Kabak was a baby in central defening terms with some potential, while he only needs to check in on here to realise he's shit.

A much-maligned figure during his six years at Liverpool, Dejan Lovren joined Zenit Saint Petersburg for £10.9million in search of regular first-team football.

The centre-back enjoyed a dream start to his Zenit career, winning the Russian Super Cup on his debut before scoring on his second league appearance for the club.

Aside from a comical own goal against Spartak Moscow, he has put in a series of assured performances at the back and was appointed club captain in November.

“I never regret anything and this is a feeling I don’t allow in my head,” Lovren told Zenit’s official website in January.

“I made the decision to leave Liverpool. I wasn’t feeling happy there towards the end, because I wasn’t playing. I am happy that I decided to come here and I think they miss me more than I miss them.

“Jurgen Klopp knows that, we sometimes chat and he once wrote to me that he misses me. I did not answer that.”

1 hour ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

A much-maligned figure during his six years at Liverpool, Dejan Lovren joined Zenit Saint Petersburg for £10.9million in search of regular first-team football.

The centre-back enjoyed a dream start to his Zenit career, winning the Russian Super Cup on his debut before scoring on his second league appearance for the club.

Aside from a comical own goal against Spartak Moscow, he has put in a series of assured performances at the back and was appointed club captain in November.

“I never regret anything and this is a feeling I don’t allow in my head,” Lovren told Zenit’s official website in January.

“I made the decision to leave Liverpool. I wasn’t feeling happy there towards the end, because I wasn’t playing. I am happy that I decided to come here and I think they miss me more than I miss them.

“Jurgen Klopp knows that, we sometimes chat and he once wrote to me that he misses me. I did not answer that.”

Lol. He’s an idiot, but an underrated centre half. If we still had him we would’ve been been comfortably in the top 4.

3 hours ago, aRdja said:

Lol. He’s an idiot, but an underrated centre half. If we still had him we would’ve been been comfortably in the top 4.

If we played centre backs we have at the back and our best midfielders in midfield we’d have been top 4.

10 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

The less said about that last paragraph the better probably.

I definately dont miss him. I think they have very similar weaknesses, but also that Phillips is now a better player. Stronger in the air, and better timing and judgement in his tackiing.

He was nowhere near as bad as people made out for a large part of his time here but he was almost always poor to potential disaster when he had to be the dominant cb of the two and that  was even at his peak never mind now.   Had he still been here I’ve no doubt we would still be in this position and maybe even worse.  The defence hasn’t been the issue.  It’s been the front 3.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Aventus said:

Lovren didn't have the best injury record himself so if he stayed here he would be in the same place as all of our other senior centre backs. 

Also his regular calamities wouldn't have been covered by free scoring forwards this season, so he would have cost us more points than usual

If Lovren was still here we'd be top of the league.

Any centre back of relatively decent calibre and we'd be top of the league.

You know how I know.

Because before we lost all our centre halves, we were top of the fucking league.

• Like 1