You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Our CB situation.

Code

Start Nat and Davies against Fulham and put Fab back into midfield. Fulham were in the Championship last season and even though they have a number of different players this term, Davies would have played against them last year with Preston so he will at least have some idea of what they're about. I think it's imperative that we stop putting square pegs in round holes.

Could we not try trent there with Milner or the ox at full back? That midget neville played centre half for united plenty of times. Trent has plenty of ability on the ball, hansen esque you might say, and could be a huge asset in starting attacks. Milner or the ox could fulfil the right full back role much better than Williams. Yes, we would lose his attacking ability but it may help get us back into a bit of form and get our better players on the pitch. 

Either that, or play origi back there on his own. Couldn't hurt that much

I’m going to be really disappointed if we sign Kabak permanently. 

I appreciate he is still young but I fear conceding goals and losing games has become engrained in him. He was a regular for Schalke when they were on the most abysmal run of losing and conceding and, in my opinion, he looks completely devoid of confidence. 

Since he’s been in the team there’s been a few occasions where I’d expect a last ditch tackle or attempt to block shots but there just seems to be an acceptance that conceding goals is the norm.

We need to sign someone who is fucking desperate to win and thrives on clean sheets.

Kabak is not the one. 

On 07/03/2021 at 15:54, Code said:

This is now actually a bit disgusting.

00410062-5BB0-4E18-9DE6-D858173491C9.jpeg

Just 5 games this season where we were able to play any combination of Van Dijk, Gomez and Matip. 

I know our injuries aren't behind every issue, but Jesus Christ. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, niallers said:

Could we not try trent there with Milner or the ox at full back? That midget neville played centre half for united plenty of times. Trent has plenty of ability on the ball, hansen esque you might say, and could be a huge asset in starting attacks. Milner or the ox could fulfil the right full back role much better than Williams. Yes, we would lose his attacking ability but it may help get us back into a bit of form and get our better players on the pitch. 

Either that, or play origi back there on his own. Couldn't hurt that much

It would rob the team of the elements Trent is very good at as well as exposing his flaws. He can certainly provide assists and width but he isn't the most defensively sound player around. Neville wasn't as good as Trent at joining the attack but he was better defensively.

On 03/03/2021 at 17:35, dave u said:

Playing centre back for us is harder than playing it for almost anyone else.

Nat's been brilliant for us all things considered and he's defo a Premier League calibre player. Stick him in a team like Burnley, Brighton, Palace etc and he'd be sound.

He's not quick enough to have a future with us but I've got loads of respect for him for the way he's stepped in for us when we've needed him.

Surely the answer to this is change the way we play? 

On 05/03/2021 at 15:13, AngryofTuebrook said:

It's like the scene in Goodfellas after Henry gets pinched for the first time.  All the CBs in the Kirkby treatment room will be slapping his back because he popped his cherry.

It’s more like the Layla scene. All we need are the bodies of Ben Davies and Sepp Van Den Berg to fall out of back of bin lorry.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, El Dangerous said:

All we need are the bodies of Ben Davies and Sepp Van Den Berg to fall out of back of a bin lorry.

Alex Reid’s response to seeing van den Berg training is to play him at right back (and one game at wing-back, which was as fugly as you’d imagine).

On 05/03/2021 at 15:18, Baltar said:

I'm losing track now. Nat AND Kabak are injured now? What about the other new boy Davies? Is he injured? Do we only have Rhys Williams available?

Davies keeps appearing in the training videos and pictures. And then gets excluded from the squad on match day. He trained again yesterday, so he definitely isnt injured.