You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chelsea (H) PL - Thurs 4th Mar 2021 at 20:15

TheDrowningMan

13 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Fucking hell, everyone on Oxlade Chamberlane's case again. There were other players out there last night who've played in all the last 5 or 6 defeats and they dont get anything like the shit this lad is getting for his cameo appearance.

Chamberlane might not be the answer but he most certainly isnt the problem.

Some are having a go at Jones, he is keeping Chamberlain out of the team, why? 
Chamberlain has done nothing in his cameos.

Add Thiago in there as well. As of now - a little underwhelming. No fault of his really but also unavailable for long stretch.

People are banging on about the lack of midfield but in the last 4 seasons we have bought three midfielders who on reputation and past form should be one of the top trios around and all have been mostly useless and unavailable.

17 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Some are having a go at Jones, he is keeping Chamberlain out of the team, why? 
Chamberlain has done nothing in his cameos.

True, he hasnt. But it's hard to make an impact when you only get 10 minutes here and there occasionally in a struggling team. That would apply to any of the fringe players.

Im pointing the finger at established players who been stinking the gaff out and who have played the majority of the last 5 or 6 defeats, not someone who's slung on with 10 to go and we're chasing the game.

Like I said when degsy left, Chamberlane would be the new whipping boy because loads didnt and dont want him here.

Oxface Chamberpot has only had brief glimpses of looking like a half decent player during his 3 or 4 seasons here,but most of it has been injuries or poor performances. He is not the problem,he is one of a few problems which become more noticeable when a team is struggling. Between Ox and Keita we've spent close to 100 million quid and got almost nothing from them. These are the sorts of players where you have to hold your hands up and say 'I was wrong' and cut your losses. Without Europe,the only way to release funds is to sell and emotions have to go out of the window.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

True, he hasnt. But it's hard to make an impact when you only get 10 minutes here and there occasionally in a struggling team. That would apply to any of the fringe players.

Im pointing the finger at established players who been stinking the gaff out and who have played the majority of the last 5 or 6 defeats, not someone who's slung on with 10 to go and we're chasing the game.

Like I said when degsy left, Chamberlane would be the new whipping boy because loads didnt and dont want him here.

I agree some players should hang their heads. Why won’t Jurgen start him though mate. Fitness, shitness? Both. Not having a pop but like Downing I never wanted him, cost too much and has offered nowt. Like my man Naby.

5 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Oxface Chamberpot has only had brief glimpses of looking like a half decent player during his 3 or 4 seasons here,but most of it has been injuries or poor performances. He is not the problem,he is one of a few problems which become more noticeable when a team is struggling. Between Ox and Keita we've spent close to 100 million quid and got almost nothing from them. These are the sorts of players where you have to hold your hands up and say 'I was wrong' and cut your losses. Without Europe,the only way to release funds is to sell and emotions have to go out of the window.

Oxtail Chamber-Linen.

Nabzys Cater.

Kostco Tzatziki.

14 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Wed struggle to raise 25 million for both of them 

18 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Chamberlain is the perfect example of our problems. An established first team player who was supposed to be pushing for a first team spot and is never available. He and Keita are the summary of where we tried to freshen up the midfield and have been burned both times.

Ox was available all last season and he scored more goals than everyone but our front three. Keita is by far a bigger issue than Ox.

On 04/03/2021 at 22:17, an tha said:

Explain....

You keep talking about records.

The records for 130 years have been based on full stadiums.

The away wins this season have eclipsed home wins for the first time EVER in the league.

It doesn't matter if we lose 5 at "Anfield" or 5 at other empty stadiums.

Empty stadiums = new category of records

It's not fucking complicated.

• Upvote 1

No point in squad players who are constantly injured. Kieta I'd give a chance purely because we've heard he's been kept out longer this time in order to fix issues that are happening because he was never given enough recovery time. We will see how it goes. He limps off again before the end of the season and it isn't due to a bad challenge he's got to go.

11 minutes ago, m0e said:

You keep talking about records.

The records for 130 years have been based on full stadiums.

The away wins this season have eclipsed home wins for the first time EVER in the league.

It doesn't matter if we lose 5 at "Anfield" or 5 at other empty stadiums.

Empty stadiums = new category of records

It's not fucking complicated.

Not having that.

Start that argument then you you may as well start applying an asterisk to our title win last season and Man City's this.

Fact is the games have been played at Anfield under the same fucking rules on the same grass and we have lost 5 of them on the spin.

We have been beaten at home by Burnley, Brighton, Man City, Everton and Chelsea in 5 successive home games - first time its ever happened to us.

Over 10 hrs without a goal from open play at home.

It is disgraceful.

• Upvote 1

On 04/03/2021 at 23:02, Mark M said:

It was the wrong sub taking Salah off as others have said - problem is even if he stayed on the pitch we weren’t scoring. 

Once we go a goal down in games we look void of confidence and ideas of how to score or even generate shots on goal.

So, we may as well have taken everyone off then!?

20 minutes ago, an tha said:

Not having that.

Start that argument then you you may as well start applying an asterisk to our title win last season and Man City's this.

Fact is the games have been played at Anfield under the same fucking rules on the same grass and we have lost 5 of them on the spin.

We have been beaten at home by Burnley, Brighton, Man City, Everton and Chelsea in 5 successive home games - first time its ever happened to us.

Over 10 hrs without a goal from open play at home.

It is disgraceful.

To be fair last season the league was essentially won before lockdown we only needed 3 points and in the end didn't need any. It would of been a genuinely unsporting act to put an asterix on that. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

To be fair last season the league was essentially won before lockdown we only needed 3 points and in the end didn't need any. It would of been a genuinely unsporting act to put an asterix on that. 

Spot on, this is the only season up to now that truly warrants an asterisk, empty grounds, VAR fuck ups, rule changes, ball changes it’s just one big pile of phoney wank.

Just now, Bobby Hundreds said:

Asterisks are a load of bollocks.....but for me you can't go cherry picking and saying records set with crowds are separate to without.

Is football shite without crowds? Absofuckinglutely it is - but that does not change (in my view anyway) fact we have lost 5 on spin at home and it is worst run in our history.

Clearly some like Moe disagree and that is way of world, but for me it (sadly) stands.

Did i feel less gutted when the shite stuffed us the other week? Did that not really end an unbeaten record to them at ours this century and one in derbies full stop for over 10 years....for me of course I didn't feel less gutted and yeah those records over them are now gone....