You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chelsea (H) PL - Thurs 4th Mar 2021 at 20:15

TheDrowningMan

1 hour ago, The Guest said:

You’re all over the place here.  It’s like you don’t know who any of our players are or who is available and then you base your laughable conclusion on this load of completely misinformed information.

Fair enough, I meant Phillips, hadn't realised he was injured, point still stands regards Fabinho in midfield. Play Williams, he's a centre back isnt he?

Or would that have risked us getting done with balls over the top to Werner?

Which happened anyway.     

Just now, Dave D said:

Fair enough, I meant Phillips, hadn't realised he was injured, point still stands regards Fabinho in midfield. Play Williams, he's a centre back isnt he?

Or would that have risked us getting done with balls over the top to Werner?

Which happened anyway.     

The point doesn’t still stand.  It was the biggest game of the season with the opportunity to turn the season around and start a run at finishing fourth and you wanted to start the slowest centre back to have ever graced the premier league which also would have meant a 19 year old and a 20 year old partnering each other.  It’s like you’ve got absolutely no brain.

We were Shite but we defended relatively well and only conceded once.  We just never looked like creating anything and you think turning our defence into a complete mess to play a different defensive centre mid is going to help us create chances.  It’s just absolutely batshit crazy.  Rhys Williams is probably the worst centre back to have ever started for us.  He’s a kid and might get better but he’s absolutely awful and can’t run.  We would have been 5-0 down at half time.  I just can’t fathom how you’re still sticking to this.

• Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Gundogan has been great this season, Fernandes has won nothing at Utd. Murphy won a treble with us. No EC or league but he won trophies. 
Being pedantic Jones has won them.

I could have picked KDB instead.  Or Bernardo Silva, or David Silva, or Foden, as well as Gundogan.  

It's not Jones' fault, he's been touted as the answer but that isn't doing him any favours. 

Either we want to beat these fossil-fuel twats, or we're going to aim for 2nd each season.  

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Pack it in please. 

You’re name is literally colonel bumcunt.  If I want to highlight the stupidity of someone’s post by saying it’s brainless I will do, you absolute fanny.  It’s barely even an insult.  Get over it.

• Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

I could have picked KDB instead.  Or Bernardo Silva, or David Silva, or Foden, as well as Gundogan.  

It's not Jones' fault, he's been touted as the answer but that isn't doing him any favours. 

Either we want to beat these fossil-fuel twats, or we're going to aim for 2nd each season.  

All but Foden came with big fees, Jones has won more than De Bruyne at this age not that he is better now obviously. To pull out this kid for criticism with the things that have gone on this season is not good. People should use my man Keita or the ever affable Chamberlain who he is starting ahead of.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, The Guest said:

There’s just so little effort or even intelligence to get the ball to the byline.  Robertson is the only person on the pitch who regularly tries to get there and I reckon 90% of the time there’s nobody to overlap for him to have a clear run at it.  The other 10% players just pass the ball inside to crowded areas.  City do it every week and it’s why they create so many clear cut chances.  This move to Mane inside just exacerbates the problem.  He’s now gone right but trent very rarely overlaps himself.

Robertson rarely crosses because he can't beat his man and can't use his right foot, so he ends up dragging backwards passes with his left - it's most unedifying to watch.

3 minutes ago, stringvest said:

Robertson rarely crosses because he can't beat his man and can't use his right foot, so he ends up dragging backwards passes with his left - it's most unedifying to watch.

I completely agree.  I just can’t understand why he’s then left there out on his own game in game out.  He’s created countless chances and made lots of assist in recent years and it’s because Mane was out there getting to the byline or allowing Robertson to overlap.  Over time Mane has gone more and more central and with it our attacking play has hit a wall.  Klopp spoke about making our attack unpredictable which seems to have involved in Mane now permanently playing centrally and it’s absolutely killed us off.

10 minutes ago, stringvest said:

Hes the best left back in the world who, upto this season regularly beat his man and put crosses in that strikers dream of.

The only reason it’s stopped is because our shitbag forward line drop 5 yards outside the penalty box when we try and break leaving him no one to aim for.

• Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, stringvest said:

Robbo used Sadio an awful lot to beat his man and create space for crosses. Sadio has he head up his arse for much of this season and for whatever reason, hardly ever links up with Robbo any more.

Id say Robbo has beaten his man far more times than Sadio has this season.

50 minutes ago, The Guest said:

The point doesn’t still stand.  It was the biggest game of the season with the opportunity to turn the season around and start a run at finishing fourth and you wanted to start the slowest centre back to have ever graced the premier league which also would have meant a 19 year old and a 20 year old partnering each other.  It’s like you’ve got absolutely no brain.

We were Shite but we defended relatively well and only conceded once.  We just never looked like creating anything and you think turning our defence into a complete mess to play a different defensive centre mid is going to help us create chances.  It’s just absolutely batshit crazy.  Rhys Williams is probably the worst centre back to have ever started for us.  He’s a kid and might get better but he’s absolutely awful and can’t run.  We would have been 5-0 down at half time.  I just can’t fathom how you’re still sticking to this.

Muppetry of the highest order

4 hours ago, J-V said:

This is also my thought.

Yeah Klopp,s high line has been sussed, ball over the top no vvd, run straight at our defence, alarm bells ringing everywhere, we are missing our best defenders, is not an excuse, it's a fact, and it is affecting our attacking supply lines confidence, they have become wary of losing the ball and is affecting there speed of response.

End of the day, the objective of the game hasnt changed. And that's to get the ball in your oppos net more times than they do in yours.

We're shot shy. No one looks like scoring from outside the box and even scoring in it is becoming something of a distant memory. How many of the last 7 or 8 games have we really looked like scoring? Very few in my opinion.

I dont get how we go from rattling in 7 against Palace to scoring fuck all for ages. Yeah, I hate scoring shitloads in a game because even in 'normal' times, we then seemed to struggle to score a couple in following games.

Every one of our players seems to want to be square on to goal and between the penalty spot and edge of the 6 yard box before they have a pop at goal. Has Thiago had a pop at goal yet?

The finishing of Bobby, Sadio, Gini and a few others is really poor so maybe I shouldnt be surprised we dont take potshots.

1 hour ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

All but Foden came with big fees, Jones has won more than De Bruyne at this age not that he is better now obviously. To pull out this kid for criticism with the things that have gone on this season is not good. People should use my man Keita or the ever affable Chamberlain who he is starting ahead of.

But I'm not blaming Jones for being Jones, that's not my point or intent.  

He's been hyped-up unrealistically by far too many people and now there's people thinking he's on the cusp of developing into one of the best creative midfielders in Europe. 

Perspective isn't a strong point for many of us, but....

Haaland is 20

Sancho is 20

Foden is 20

Bellingham is 17

Fofana is 20

Musiala is 17

Wirtz is 17

Reyna is 18

Alphonso Davis is 20

Camavinga is 18

Fati is 18

Gravenberch is 18

Saka is 19

Rodrygo is 20

That's elite level youngsters.  

But let's take this closer to home, Harvey Elliott is a better player than Jones, and is 17. 

So please let's drop the pretence that Jones in midfield is some elite level player in waiting, while Thiago Alcantara and Giorginio Wijnaldum, are letting him or us down.  Those two could walk into the starting XI of almost every CL the bar City's.  

14 minutes ago, leslie said:

Yeah Klopp,s high line has been sussed, ball over the top no vvd, run straight at our defence, alarm bells ringing everywhere, we are missing our best defenders, is not an excuse, it's a fact, and it is affecting our attacking supply lines confidence, they have become wary of losing the ball and is affecting there speed of response.

Basically.  And you'd think having the keeper have his starting point 5 yards higher could solve that to some degree, but Alisson this season has shat the bed. At this point we're better off with Neco playing nets and just rushing out to boot the ball back down the pitch.  

2 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

But I'm not blaming Jones for being Jones, that's not my point or intent.  

He's been hyped-up unrealistically by far too many people and now there's people thinking he's on the cusp of developing into one of the best creative midfielders in Europe. 

Perspective isn't a strong point for many of us, but....

Haaland is 20

Sancho is 20

Foden is 20

Bellingham is 17

Fofana is 20

Musiala is 17

Wirtz is 17

Reyna is 18

Alphonso Davis is 20

Camavinga is 18

Fati is 18

Gravenberch is 18

Saka is 19

Rodrygo is 20

That's elite level youngsters.  

But let's take this closer to home, Harvey Elliott is a better player than Jones, and is 17. 

So please let's drop the pretence that Jones in midfield is some elite level player in waiting, while Thiago Alcantara and Giorginio Wijnaldum, are letting him or us down.  Those two could walk into the starting XI of almost every CL the bar City's.  

I have watched him since he was a kid he is obviously not elite yet but a few you mentioned are playing at no where near his level league wise. He can be a top player. Elliott is a special player at 20 he could be Sancho or better or he could be Shaqiri time will tell. We need to look at others closer to home offering nowt, we know who they are as the cost enough. Chamberlain manages to be injured and be shite when he comes back. He’s the anti-Wishere.

I think Jones and Elliott will be nice home grown squad options to have that will save us money in the transfer market. I doubt we're expecting them to be superstars. Jones is trying his best, he'd never play as much as he has were this a normal season with a normal amount of injuries. He's not really deserving of being called out. 

2 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

I have watched him since he was a kid he is obviously not elite yet but a few you mentioned are playing at no where near his level league wise. He can be a top player. Elliott is a special player at 20 he could be Sancho or better or he could be Shaqiri time will tell. We need to look at others closer to home offering nowt, we know who they are as the cost enough. Chamberlain manages to be injured and be shite when he comes back. He’s the anti-Wishere.

Fuck me Wilshire was some player for a short time.  

I've also followed Jones for quite a while, watches loads of the youth games on LFCTV and to be honest I've always felt he lacked the speed or strength to really set him apart.  

We all remember Sterling and his impact, it was immediate, an inarguable talent destined for the top.  We never had that with Solanke, or Kev Stewart, or Conor Coady, it was clear that they fell short of the exceptional bar.  There were glimpses from Ibe, and that fool we sold to Sheff Utd, but obviously the attitude wasn't there to supplement the ability.  No surprise to see Chamberlain was bezzies with the latter.  

6 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

I think Jones and Elliott will be nice home grown squad options to have that will save us money in the transfer market. I doubt we're expecting them to be superstars. Jones is trying his best, he'd never play as much as he has were this a normal season with a normal amount of injuries. He's not really deserving of being called out. 

He has to be called out.  We can't continue on this course, the 433 doesn't work with him in it.  Try a 4231 by all means, play him in the hole.  

21 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Fuck me Wilshire was some player for a short time.  

I've also followed Jones for quite a while, watches loads of the youth games on LFCTV and to be honest I've always felt he lacked the speed or strength to really set him apart.  

We all remember Sterling and his impact, it was immediate, an inarguable talent destined for the top.  We never had that with Solanke, or Kev Stewart, or Conor Coady, it was clear that they fell short of the exceptional bar.  There were glimpses from Ibe, and that fool we sold to Sheff Utd, but obviously the attitude wasn't there to supplement the ability.  No surprise to see Chamberlain was bezzies with the latter.  

Wilshere got better every time he was injured like Sturridge,  Chamberlain with no pace is fucked. 

22 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

He has to be called out.  We can't continue on this course, the 433 doesn't work with him in it.  Try a 4231 by all means, play him in the hole.  

Jones has essentially played in front of Gini and Thiago against Sheffield United and Chelsea, if you look at the player positions.  

Fucking hell, everyone on Oxlade Chamberlane's case again. There were other players out there last night who've played in all the last 5 or 6 defeats and they dont get anything like the shit this lad is getting for his cameo appearance.

Chamberlane might not be the answer but he most certainly isnt the problem.