You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chelsea (H) PL - Thurs 4th Mar 2021 at 20:15

TheDrowningMan

4 minutes ago, an tha said:

It is a ridiculous level of stubborness/is a real blind spot.

If you don't (as we don't right now) have the personnel to make your preferred way of playing work, then you have to change and adapt and find a way that works with what you have.

10 pts from 11 games in 2021.

No goal from open play in over 10 hrs at home.

5 home losses on bounce...

Yet still we come out each game set up same and seemingly hoping it will somehow work, despite it clearly not.

Square pegs being asked to fit into round holes and zero tactical or structural change....that is poor, really poor.

Surely you have to hold hands up and say 'this isn't working' lets do something different.

This is the most frustrating thing how much evidence is needed. The solution isn't swap Thiago for Kieta, take Salah off for Ox. We are playing the same way and teams know exactly what we will do. For fuck sake Ancelloti asked Everton players what will Liverpool do in your experience and they were spot on, we are predictable and predictable alongside poor form and low confidence results in the shit show this season has been. Give an opposition manager something to think about. Most managers would kill for some of the players we have available I dont give a shit if we finish 5th or 15th now use the rest of this season to find new ways.

7 hours ago, skaro said:

Where we play is immaterial, when there is no home ground advantage anywhere.

What we are doing is losing a lot.

The Anfield thing is neither here no there.

Had we have played someone better than Sheffield United away last week, good chance we'd have lost that.

We lost at Leicester.

We could easily lose at Wolves and Arsenal.

The Anfield thing is just a historical stat in a much, much deeper bucket of shit.

Yep. I'm sick to fucking death of people using the no fans excuse for us playing shit. 

It's not like every home game the crowd is up for it like Boca V River at the Bombonera. I've been to home games against West Brom, Brighton and Burnley and the crowd aren't exactly intimidating and bouncing the whole 90 minutes.  

As you say we've lost games away, the lack of fans didn't stop Leicester coming back and scoring 3 against us. 

9 hours ago, The Guest said:

Absolute batshit criticism of Jones now.  He’s not being asked to play every week.  He had loads of time out of the team and came back in making the difference against West Ham off the bench and Sheffield United.  He started today off the back of a man of the match performance.  Who the fucking hell else were you going to start ahead of him?  It’s the same comical nonsense about not starting Fabinho at centre back tonight when the only other available player is Rhys Williams which would have been the equivalent of throwing the game.  Jones is 20 years old playing in centre midfield and his game has come on massively from the already ridiculously talented player he was to begin with which shows he’s got more chance of being a future star than anyone else we have.  The creativity problems have been the same and sometimes worse with him out of the team.

Foden, also 20, note how much better he is. 

Other u21 players in the division like Neto, Fofana, Saka, Torres are also top class players already. 

I don't see the similarity. Take the Sheff Utd game for example, he scored, nice strike, but his all-round game is so pedestrian.  I see this montage that's supposed to show how brilliant he was in that game but I think it's proving the opposite. 

• Downvote 2

27 minutes ago, Dave D said:

Wasnt the best man management dropping Williams after a clean sheet. Id put Fabinho in midfield as currently both defence and midfield is broken- at least fix one.

To labour the point, its as if Klopp has convinced himself we arent losing these matches when Fabinho plays there? Like its a safe bet. Its all very bizarre     

Williams? You mean Phillips? 

Well Phillips was injured, so we needed to make a change. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Foden, also 20, note how much better he is. 

Other u21 players in the division like Neto, Fofana, Saka, Torres are also top class players already. 

I don't see the similarity. Take the Sheff Utd game for example, he scored, nice strike, but his all-round game is so pedestrian.  I see this montage that's supposed to show how brilliant he was in that game but I think it's proving the opposite. 

You’re absolutely clueless.

• Upvote 2

Shaqiri offers more attacking threat then any other of our midfielders and it’s not even his position.  Glad he doesn’t get a game though I’d hate to have two players who are able to create in the starting 11.

32 minutes ago, Dave D said:

Wasnt the best man management dropping Williams after a clean sheet. Id put Fabinho in midfield as currently both defence and midfield is broken- at least fix one.

To labour the point, its as if Klopp has convinced himself we arent losing these matches when Fabinho plays there? Like its a safe bet. Its all very bizarre     

You’re all over the place here.  It’s like you don’t know who any of our players are or who is available and then you base your laughable conclusion on this load of completely misinformed information.

24 minutes ago, Mook said:

One of them pushed Mane over last night & then another one booted the ball into his coupon & nobody looked remotely arsed. They don't care about the opposition ending their mate's season & they don't care that they are being bullied all over the park at home to Chelsea.

How much are these cunts getting paid for this?

This is becoming annoying how meek we are. We don't fight or challenge. The rest of the league go on their arse as soon as their touched and Mane carries on like he's trying to deliver the bomb. Its like we are brow beaten, sit on the bench outside while the neighbour fucks our wife.

I'm in my 24 hour emotional knee jerk stage, I'm just pissed off, we have reasons but mostly it's just not been good enough from anybody at the club, manager, coaches and players are all having a mare, at least show some fight. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

This is becoming annoying how meek we are. We don't fight or challenge. The rest of the league go on their arse as soon as their touched and Mane carries on like he's trying to deliver the bomb. Its like we are brow beaten, sit on the bench outside while the neighbour fucks our wife.

I'm in my 24 hour emotional knee jerk stage, I'm just pissed off, we have reasons but mostly it's just not been good enough from anybody at the club, manager, coaches and players are all having a mare, at least show some fight. 

It's like everyone's given up.

51 minutes ago, Dave D said:

Should have started Matip.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, The Guest said:

You’re absolutely clueless.

You're not offering evidence to the contrary, you're just lashing an insult out.  

Jones is a typical 4 cap England player.  He's not in the same class as Bellingham, Musiala, Foden.

He's Danny Murphy, he's David Bentley, even then he's got some way to go. 

5 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Thought Alisson and Kabak were good, and Robbo never stops trying. Fabinho was decent aside from their goal. That's all I've got in terms of positives. 

We didn't pick up any injuries from the kick off.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

You're not offering evidence to the contrary, you're just lashing an insult out.  

Jones is a typical 4 cap England player.  He's not in the same class as Bellingham, Musiala, Foden.

He's Danny Murphy, he's David Bentley, even then he's got some way to go. 

I think you're completely wrong on him being of a Murphy/Bentley level. He's only turned 20 and already shown some moments of brilliance and, even more encouragingly, some less eye-catching but mature displays that benefited the team better.

Maybe it's faint praise, but if he's not too knackered I'd be finding a place for him over Thiago at the moment as he's actually got a goal in him and his own passing range isn't too shabby. 

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

This is the most frustrating thing how much evidence is needed. The solution isn't swap Thiago for Kieta, take Salah off for Ox. We are playing the same way and teams know exactly what we will do. For fuck sake Ancelloti asked Everton players what will Liverpool do in your experience and they were spot on, we are predictable and predictable alongside poor form and low confidence results in the shit show this season has been. Give an opposition manager something to think about. Most managers would kill for some of the players we have available I dont give a shit if we finish 5th or 15th now use the rest of this season to find new ways.

We are just sleep walking from bad performance and bad result to exactly same again and again.

It is either a total lack of any sort of plan b or a total blind spot to glaringly obvious problems.

It's not even a plan B it's a new plan A. I dont believe the notion there is not enough time for players to adapt we constantly see teams changing how they play thats before new managers come in or new players. Tuchel in just 9 games has changed Chelsea into a team difficult to beat who actually control play. They made us look third rate last night, a slap to the face saying we are now a better side than you and we crawled back into our shells. 

1 hour ago, Mook said:

One of them pushed Mane over last night & then another one booted the ball into his coupon & nobody looked remotely arsed. They don't care about the opposition ending their mate's season & they don't care that they are being bullied all over the park at home to Chelsea.

How much are these cunts getting paid for this?

I touched on this in an earlier topic. There's a synergy to this too, the players have given up hope of getting any decisions (Atkinson and Mane being the standout example) from the refs, so aren't bothered to either cheat or harass the ref. While I don't really want either (and Klopp certainly doesn't encourage it), the other teams in the PL are showing that this is the only way to get decisions. Exaggerate, dive, scream and surround the ref. 

Can't wait for the next CL game. I expect the attitude of the players to improve significantly when they are not hamstrung by the ineptness of the English refs.

35 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

I think you're completely wrong on him being of a Murphy/Bentley level. He's only turned 20 and already shown some moments of brilliance and, even more encouragingly, some less eye-catching but mature displays that benefited the team better.

Maybe it's faint praise, but if he's not too knackered I'd be finding a place for him over Thiago at the moment as he's actually got a goal in him and his own passing range isn't too shabby. 

Murphy was a decent creative force in a good team, not a top team.  That said, he still hit 52 goals in 400 odd PL games in his career.  If Jones manages that he'll be doing well.  But a Murphy isn't a Silva, or Gundogan, or Fernandes, or whichever top creative midfielder that wins you the big trophies, which I thought was the table we wanted to be at. 

• Upvote 1