You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chelsea (H) PL - Thurs 4th Mar 2021 at 20:15

TheDrowningMan

Sense Klopp might ring changes for Fulham and although of course we are struggling like fuck anyway and players are out of form all over park and low in confidence, and our style of play is broken/personnel does not fit to make desired way of playing work - we all know that when we make wholesale changes we are never any cop.

Can see a team especially with short turnaround and Europe a few days later like this:

Alisson

Trent

Kabak

Fabinho

Robertson

Milner

Keita

Wijnaldum

Shaqiri

Jota

Origi

1 hour ago, Mark M said:

We didn’t have a shot on target for the 65mins he was on the pitch for.

it doesn’t look like an individual issue but collectively the whole team look leggy/ and out of ideas.

I dont see any anger on the pitch over missed chances, repeated failed passes and goals conceeded. Obviously you dont want to see absolute barneys between players but there just seems like meek resignation.

The only time I see some players with a monk on is when they are being subbed and they know the camera is zoomed in on their mush.

4 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

I dont see any anger on the pitch over missed chances, repeated failed passes and goals conceeded. Obviously you dont want to see absolute barneys between players but there just seems like meek resignation.

The only time I see some players with a monk on is when they are being subbed and they know the camera is zoomed in on their mush.

Look at how meek we came out v the shite for exmaple....after all that had happened in last derby and fact it is the derby anyway and we came out as meek as lambs.

Where was the fight, where was the desire to right some wrongs...can't get up for that, then something is really wrong.

That was deeply concerning and is part of a real malaise and is a big, big problem.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Baltar said:

5 games lost in a row at "home". Hardly seems possible. Not a huge shame in losing to these plastic cunts but the losses to Burnley, Brighton and Everton were disgraceful.

Where we play is immaterial, when there is no home ground advantage anywhere.

What we are doing is losing a lot.

The Anfield thing is neither here no there.

Had we have played someone better than Sheffield United away last week, good chance we'd have lost that.

We lost at Leicester.

We could easily lose at Wolves and Arsenal.

The Anfield thing is just a historical stat in a much, much deeper bucket of shit.

4 hours ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Europa League qualification is the worst possible outcome.

Yep.

I'd rather finish 10th and just reset in the League, if only with the current injured lads back.

See how Jota and Thiago go - with Virgil, Gomes/Matip (between the two of them, that's hopefully makes the "other" Henderson and Fabinho all fit again.

Almost like, forget this League season, and try and start again - the way we simply couldn't the minute VvD went down and others followed. (I know there was the Aston Villa result, but fuck that.)

Just start again with as many back as possible, fuck Europe completely, and see whether the nucleus of 19/20 can somehow climb the mountain again under Klopp. 

FSG won't buy anyone, and let's just pray they don't sell anyone good.

• Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, skaro said:

Where we play is immaterial, when there is no home ground advantage anywhere.

What we are doing is losing a lot.

The Anfield thing is neither here no there.

Had we have played someone better than Sheffield United away last week, good chance we'd have lost that.

We lost at Leicester.

We could easily lose at Wolves and Arsenal.

The Anfield thing is just a historical stat in a much, much deeper bucket of shit.

I have to agree. I’d like stats on every teams’ home performance this season. I suspect confidence is short in all teams at home, due to exactly that- no home advantage. Likewise, teams’ away form must surely have taken a turn upwards. We’ve lost most of our games in 2021, precisely because we’ve been at an empty Anfield more times than on the road. It must be a factor.

We all know Jurgen is a genius, but this was a bit like watching a game from Rafa or Ged's last season, in terms of not being able or not want to change things. 

At the moment, we are not able to play football like Klopp want, and maybe he should go for doing things a little bit simple and try to grind out results? Like setting the defensive line lower, get people behind the ball to let us get the space to counterattack in, and drop some of the players out of form. 

Last night we were outplayed and run into the ground. 

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, Butch said:

We've all seen down the years how manager's have lost the players it looks like we're in that boat now. When players have lost belief in the manager they look like us. 

My worry is we are still going to try and play our way next season because players are back, in my opinion its done we've been mediocre for 12 months before players were injured, Teams adapt to styles we need to adapt ours. I'm concerned klopp and his staff don't know how to do anything else.  They need to show it.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Put Fabinho back in midfield whats the point in being shit scared of playing someone else there if we are fucking atrocious anyway. The results are unacceptable so what are we trying to protect, show some bollocks.

Who would you have played at centre back instead last night or at the weekend if the options are exactly the same?

4 minutes ago, The Guest said:

Who would you have played at centre back instead last night or at the weekend if the options are exactly the same?

Any available centreback even if its rhys, I dont even think fabinho in midfield will change much if we don't change our style. In my opinion its toast. 

We need to remember the effort the team put in year before last . That sort of effort and getting pipped at the end . Coupled with the CL win same group of players have been at a high level for over 3 calendar years . Frankly I am astounded we didn't collapse after the near miss that was some feat in itself. however respectfully I would say the squad does need a major overhaul, based on some emotional judgements players were kept who should have been moved on.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

My worry is we are still going to try and play our way next season because players are back, in my opinion its done we've been mediocre for 12 months before players were injured, Teams adapt to styles we need to adapt ours. I'm concerned klopp and his staff don't know how to do anything else.  They need to show it.

This is also my thought.

6 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Any available centreback even if its rhys, I dont even think fabinho in midfield will change much if we don't change our style. In my opinion its toast. 

If we had played Williams last night against Werner he would have been absolutely slaughtered.  I agree on the second but though which is why I think the clamouring for him to play in midfield regardless of how badly it leaves us short at the back is short sighted.  It’s not going to suddenly make us create more chances.  I wrote it last night, we need to fundamentally change the way we attack.  We need two players wide with one overlapping over and over again.  We only ever have one person who’s then forced to come inside over and over again.  Klopp’s response to it was to get Salah off and put Mane wide right.  Salah coming off was 100% tactical imo but it still failed because Mane was then wide on his own anyway.

Just now, The Guest said:

If we had played Williams last night against Werner he would have been absolutely slaughtered.  I agree on the second but though which is why I think the clamouring for him to play in midfield regardless of how badly it leaves us short at the back is short sighted.  It’s not going to suddenly make us create more chances.  I wrote it last night, we need to fundamentally change the way we attack.  We need two players wide with one overlapping over and over again.  We only ever have one person who’s then forced to come inside over and over again.  Klopp’s response to it was to get Salah off and put Mane wide right.  Salah coming off was 100% tactical imo but it still failed because Mane was then wide on his own anyway.

It's not just about last night though, when we've had defenders available we have still opted for either Fabinho or Henderson as centreback and though they have performed well individually its been clear its cost us way more in midfield and to the team as a whole. What good is putting a player you trust at the back if the results are shit regardless. Fabinho is capable centre back cover but he's a world class midfielder. We don't defend great and our attack has become a joke.

• Upvote 1

Wasnt the best man management dropping Williams after a clean sheet. Id put Fabinho in midfield as currently both defence and midfield is broken- at least fix one.

To labour the point, its as if Klopp has convinced himself we arent losing these matches when Fabinho plays there? Like its a safe bet. Its all very bizarre     

It is a ridiculous level of stubborness/is a real blind spot.

If you don't (as we don't right now) have the personnel to make your preferred way of playing work, then you have to change and adapt and find a way that works with what you have.

10 pts from 11 games in 2021.

No goal from open play in over 10 hrs at home.

5 home losses on bounce...

Yet still we come out each game set up same and seemingly hoping it will somehow work, despite it clearly not.

Square pegs being asked to fit into round holes and zero tactical or structural change....that is poor, really poor.

Surely you have to hold hands up and say 'this isn't working' lets do something different.

8 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

One of them pushed Mane over last night & then another one booted the ball into his coupon & nobody looked remotely arsed. They don't care about the opposition ending their mate's season & they don't care that they are being bullied all over the park at home to Chelsea.

How much are these cunts getting paid for this?

• Upvote 3