You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chelsea (H) PL - Thurs 4th Mar 2021 at 20:15

TheDrowningMan

All you lot saying "I don't know what's wrong" 

Our replacement for Van Dijk, Matip and Gomez can't make the fucking squad when their two back ups are also injured. 

FSG fucked us and they've been fucking us for years. That's all there is to it

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I don't think we've even really been able to change the tactics according to personnel as we just haven't had enough or the right players available.  I don't think we could have played the defence deeper because the three man midfield we've had available have been fucking useless, can you imagine if they'd have had to work harder to link up with the attack?  Because I don't think the front three can play deeper.

Now that we have Jota back we might be able to play a version of 442, protect the defence a bit more and don't ask the midfield to do things they're incapable of.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Daisy said:

Our replacement for Van Dyke, Matip and Gomez can't make the fucking squad when their two back ups are also injured. 

I agree with that. But is it deeper than that now? Have these lads given up this league campaign. 

This is a 'break glass' moment for Klopp. 

Either he does something different in the next game or he risks the sort of record you just can't argue your way out of. 

With our front 3 all being fit and our CB issues we should be losing game 4-3, not seeing this turgid shit week after week. 

The yanks don't know football, but they can see a string of losses and the star striker shaking his head as he leaves the field.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

4-4-2 or 4-5-2 or that system we had 2 years ago with Mo up top - anything new.

Mo played in Mané and Jones for very presentable chances in the first half - could easily have had 2 assists - and was the focal point of our attacks in the second. Get him central where he can influence games. 

He’s out best player by a mile and if we don’t win 9 of our next 11 he’ll be off. 

It’s a year since I was at the match now. 

Might be the last time I got to see half of our greatest team. Horrible thought.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jack the Sipper said:

I don't think I can recall such a drop in form from a top level side, in England or elsewhere. Last season we romped the PL, getting the 2nd highest points total - since Christmas we've literally been in relegation form. We hadn't lost a game at home in the PL for over two years - and now we've just lost five on the spin. Five! 

I don't know what the problem is (it's certainly not just injuries) but we need to pull it around somehow because this is fucking painful to witness.

None of these media cunts have even noticed the idea of the 12th man. Turned into marketing bollocks over the last 20 years but there is no way these 5 results happen with fans in thw ground. 

• Upvote 1

Jurgen has lost the fucking plot currently and needs a time out I think.

I mean what the fuck is he doing to address the slide? My dad whose got alziehmers knew how Chelsea would play today and we just stepped right up there and played into their hands.

No plan b, no direction, shit subs (AGAIN). Why don't we play fucking defensive for a change and let the opposition come onto us to freak the fuckers out?

There was a bit of play late in the second half where Trent went closing down high up the pitch and i screamed my head off that we are leaving ourselves vulnerable, lo and behold Werner got in down the side and Alisson saved our bacon.

What the fuck are we doing in training? Its the same thing over and over and over every game.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, Daisy said:

Our replacement for Van Dyke, Matip and Gomez can't make the fucking squad when their two back ups are also injured. 

FSG didn't take off our best attacker on 60mins. 

There's more to it than simply blaming FSG. 

I said at the start of this season that I wouldn't care how we performed because this team had given me absolute joy for 2.5 years, non stop. They deserve applause and by the looks of things,  a decent rest. We'll go again next season. 

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Moo said:

I don't think we've even really been able to change the tactics according to personnel as we just haven't had enough or the right players available.  I don't think we could have played the defence deeper because the three man midfield we've had available have been fucking useless, can you imagine if they'd have had to work harder to link up with the attack?  Because I don't think the front three can play deeper.

Now that we have Jota back we might be able to play a version of 442, protect the defence a bit more and don't ask the midfield to do things they're incapable of.

They are fucking useless anyway!

8 minutes ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Europa League qualification is the worst possible outcome.

Ha, actually agree with that. The only thing worse than missing out on the top four is getting a Europa League place. You just know we won’t just play the kids and reserves either. 

1 minute ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

This is a 'break glass' moment for Klopp. 

Either he does something different in the next game or he risks the sort of record you just can't argue your way out of. 

With our front 3 all being fit and our CB issues we should be losing game 4-3, not seeing this turgid shit week after week. 

The yanks don't know football, but they can see a string of losses and the star striker shaking his head as he leaves the field.  

They might also see a European Cup, World Championship and League Title and the global brand profile that goes with that.

the criticism in Boston has been that they are too eager to settle for mediocrity, not the opposite.

Back to manage decline!

3 minutes ago, Morning Glory said:

What the fuck are the coaching staff doing during the week? Do they honestly look at our centre backs and think yes they can play a high line? Are they expecting Bobby to magically turn the clock back to 12-18 months ago? Do they not realise the strength of our midfield is high energy and physicality not slow, sideward passing? Doesn’t bode well for Lijnders to be JK’s replacement as he’s just as culpable. And that decision to sub Mo not Firmino on 60 minutes? Scandalous. Questions need asking, injuries or not. 

That's part of why I'm starting to ask questions. Does Klopp just have his system and are things currently bad because he can't/won't change things and puts players without the right attributes into positions where they'll be exposed? 

And, where have those surprise tactical tweaks disappeared to? Like the 4-2-4 at West Ham away? It seems to be a case of persevering with the tried and tested 4-3-3, even though it's now being exposed week in, week out and when we don't necessarily have the players to make it work. 

3 minutes ago, Wezza said:

The intensity has just gone , and I can’t see us getting it back this season. If we lose to Fulham then there is something seriously wrong. 

When we drew with West Brom and lost at home to Brighton and Burnley, those results weren't enough to let you know something was seriously wrong already?

We can't keep saying that the lack of fans is that decisive a factor. Of course we can't put the theory to the test as of yet either.

For me, there is something fundamentally wrong with something we are or aren't doing in training because the level of energy and purpose isn't as it should be. There's a physical lethargy with the way we are playing, but more than that is the mental lethargy. The players simply do not look mentally sharp either.