You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chelsea (H) PL - Thurs 4th Mar 2021 at 20:15

TheDrowningMan

1 minute ago, gap30 said:

I am still trying to wrap my head around taking Salah off and leaving Bobby on the pitch, putting Mane on the right where he did absolutely fuckall

Everybody is, stunning. Bobby abysmal, Mané poor, and Salah ok , but Salah subbed. Why Jurgen, why ?

Just now, an tha said:

5 losses on bounce in league at Anfield for first time in our history.

Absolutely fucking abysmal.

Excuses about how many players missing/centre half crisis are all well and good, but that is fucking disgusting.

We are rudderless, aimless, spineless and frankly look like we have totally run out of ideas at home.

1 effort on target tonight and that was tame.

Same stuff, same result so far.

High line like we have Gomez and VVD playing is getting exposed again at will.

Same old problems all over and nothing being done to change them.

Surely Klopp can see the issues like we can and if he does, why does he do nothing about them?

Has done the same thing game after game, after game and it’s the same shite result.

We can't play how we do with Gomez and VVD in and with our proper midfield defensively or in terms of how we go other way...so do something different that suits players we have available and playing.....its becoming embarrassing and looks like a real blind spot.

It is like we are putting out a team and hoping for best when we all know it can't work how hope it will.

What is midfield set up is or what is it meant to be doing?

They offer no protection whatsoever, nothing creative, they don’t move the ball forwards, they don’t close down and support a press. I have no idea what they do or are supposed to do....it is aimless and totally ineffective.

Full blown crisis now, and deeply fucking depressing - we keep doing the same thing, getting the same results and nothing new is being tried to change it.

It's fucking terrible.

Reign in the Anfield shit, will you. Its fueling the fire of a bullshit statistic.

They wanted to asterisk the whole season last.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, gap30 said:

I am still trying to wrap my head around taking Salah off and leaving Bobby on the pitch, putting Mane on the right where he did absolutely fuckall

Shots on target while Salah was on the pitch - 0

Shots on target after he came off - 1

1 minute ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Klopp is treading on ice here.  It's not thin ice, but it's ice. 

Not my opinion, but 5 home losses in a row will pique the interest of the FSG boardroom. 

And I’m sure they’ll be ably abetted by gobshites on social media.

A joke from top to bottom these days. At least it shows how much our fans precense in the stadium means. It shows who needs to go, who can't be motivated when the going gets tough. And it seems not many of this lot have the stomach to dig in when not getting sung forward. A full year now with most of this lot jogging about is enough now. Only the CL left and we'll get past Leipzig and then we'll be shit lucky to go any further. Well maybe If they go a oneoff tournament again then everyone can get lucky.

10 minutes ago, The Guest said:

We need to fundamentally change the way we play.  We don’t create chances anymore because we just continually do the same thing and it just no longer works.  We watch the same game every single week.  Everything is so predictable.  The quality of opposition literally just doesn’t matter because it’s so easy to play against us.  Van Dijk and the other centre backs coming back isn’t going to change it.  We just don’t get to the byline and that’s the bottom line for me.  We can’t break sides down anymore with cute bits of passing and dribbling around the box.  It just doesn’t work.

The biggest problem is our inability to play out and play through midfield way we used to...getting ball into dangerous areas quicker into players in space and with support.

Smash it long to a Salah with a man tight on him or pass it sideways and backwards for ages is about all we do now.

1 shot on target. Firmino is a huge problem but won't be dropped. It's Houllier all over again. Anyhow we still have the game against Leipzig for us to be dumped out of CL and the season will be complete.

The whole club has lost the plot but Klopp has enough credit in the bank to try again next season. It has been awful for him for personal reasons so he still gets love. 

• Upvote 2

Taking mo off when he causes chaos was criminal. Only good thing about this game was Allison was brilliant and josh was dangerous, with him and mo on tonight we might have gotten something. 

Chelsea did to us what we used to do to everyone. They deserved it, they never gave us a second on the ball and good pressing. As said earlier maybe we see stevie sooner than we thought. 

That was pathetic. 

Where do we go from here? 

Getting some players back into the squad might help. 

But, do we need to start questioning the manager's ability to turn this around. And, I say that without trying to be disrespectful. He's won us the league and Champions League. He's having to deal with a mad level of injuries. And, he's got his own personal shit going on. And, maybe I'm speaking as a wounded supporter who's gone from such highs to really low lows in such a short space of time and that's clouding my judgment. 

But, for the first time tonight, I'm starting to get the first, slight doubts about whether he can turn things around? About whether we've been found out and if Klopp has the plan B to change things around? About whether he'll really want to, about if his heart is still in it? 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I don't think I can recall such a drop in form from a top level side, in England or elsewhere. Last season we romped the PL, getting the 2nd highest points total - since Christmas we've literally been in relegation form. We hadn't lost a game at home in the PL for over two years - and now we've just lost five on the spin. Five! 

I don't know what the problem is (it's certainly not just injuries) but we need to pull it around somehow because this is fucking painful to witness.

What the fuck are the coaching staff doing during the week? Do they honestly look at our centre backs and think yes they can play a high line? Are they expecting Bobby to magically turn the clock back to 12-18 months ago? Do they not realise the strength of our midfield is high energy and physicality not slow, sideward passing? Doesn’t bode well for Lijnders to be JK’s replacement as he’s just as culpable. And that decision to sub Mo not Firmino on 60 minutes? Scandalous. Questions need asking, injuries or not.