You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chelsea (H) PL - Thurs 4th Mar 2021 at 20:15

TheDrowningMan

4 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

Can anyone honestly point out what our tactics are meant to be? What is our style? Because I can't recognise a single plan with this team anymore. No pressing. No counter attacking. No down the wings. Just little flicks and tricks and hope something happens. 

"Controlling the game". Possession football. If you "control the game" you win the game. Except you don't if you don't score. 

3 minutes ago, m0e said:

It's emotional. It's  frustration.

A psychological analysis is not required.

Shambolic sub and one that makes me question where the manager's head is at.

The Milner sub gives even more evidence.

Were only 1 nil down for fuck's sake, on the day Klopp admitted we needed to get top 4.

Are you looking forward to next season?

Yes I am because that means this season will be over.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, The Guest said:

As Shite as Firmino has been and I personally would have had him as the first person to take off I reckon Klopp is picturing a bit of a low block from Chelsea for the reaming minutes.  Firmino carries more threat in the air.  Salah has also spent most of the half giving the ball away with the classic ill run it in to his shins tactic.

We can't even convert luck.

Ox' only ability is to run fast in a straight line and have a pop. In a game where Chelsea sits back and we need a bit of creativity Keita might have been a better option. Please put in a 30 yard belter and make me swallow my words.

3 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

Can anyone honestly point out what our tactics are meant to be? What is our style? Because I can't recognise a single plan with this team anymore. No pressing. No counter attacking. No down the wings. Just little flicks and tricks and hope something happens. 

That's a fair assessment, but what's the reason?  I think it's pretty certain that the manager and coaches aren't telling the players to abandon the tactics that have served us so well.  I think the main reason of course is not having the players available through injury, which has knocked their belief, plus a subconscious drop off in desire which is entirely natural especially with no crowds to drive them on. 

It's the perfect storm.