You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chelsea (H) PL - Thurs 4th Mar 2021 at 20:15

TheDrowningMan

3 minutes ago, Red_or_Dead said:

Atkinson primed to fuck us over again.  ANy chance a quick free kick is allowed tonight?!

Given our form and especially at Anfield and the opposition i had us down as having about a 40% chance of winning this.

Atkinson has moved that down to 33%.

That should never be case.

It’s going to be tough with that midfield - there’s certainly no quick attacking play on the cards.

Fabinho is a good defender, but we lose so much from the midfield when he’s there; I don’t buy the idea that we need him for stability when he’s the best there is at shielding the defence, and it’s a fact that some of our very worst performances from this appalling run have been with him in the team and out of position.

With that said, I appreciate that Phillips' apparent injury along with Davies' continued absence might well have messed with the plans for this one, and I’d be happy with a dogged, cautious 0-0.

Signing Ben Davies was a complete waste of time.

You could understand if he was a long term signing but he hasn't played a minute for us when not injured and was supposed to be an emergency centre back. Yet we still play midfielders there and players who were not deemed up to playing there.

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Crazy Dave said:

Can't wait to see how Atkinson fucks us. 

He is the worst of a particularly shit group of refs. He is god awful. Let's hope we don't give him decisions to make because he will arrogantly fuck them all up. 

16 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

It’s going to be tough with that midfield - there’s certainly no quick attacking play on the cards.

Fabinho is a good defender, but we lose so much from the midfield when he’s there; I don’t buy the idea that we need him for stability when he’s the best there is at shielding the defence, and it’s a fact that some of our very worst performances from this appalling run have been with him in the team and out of position.

With that said, I appreciate that Phillips' apparent injured along with Davies' continued absence might well have messed with the plans for this one, and I’d be happy with a dogged, cautious 0-0.

When Plan Z is being fucked over by injuries you know its been a bastard of a season.

Although having said that i still reckon Fabinho would have played in defence regardless tonight.

6 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Signing Ben Davies was a complete waste of time.

You could understand if he was a long term signing but he hasn't played a minute for us when not injured and was supposed to be an emergency centre back. Yet we still play midfielders there and players who were not deemed up to playing there.

Backup for the backups probably, and definately a move the club expect to make a profit from.

When you are missing your 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th and 7th choice CBs, and you buy a CB to sort out your issue you do hope that he is at least available for a couple of games. The purchase of Davies has been a disaster, but the bean counters will be delighted when he is sold for 4 million next year. 

26 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Fuck's sake, not another injury \ illness to Nat now? Fucking bitch of a season.

You're not a fully fledged Liverpool centre half unless you pick up an injury ....

Says something when I'd rather have Neville commentating on our games