You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chelsea (H) PL - Thurs 4th Mar 2021 at 20:15

TheDrowningMan

24 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

From what I've seen, Tuchel thus far has essentially given them a good shape and organized them well, but they've had little goal threat. This is one where if we can not shoot ourselves in the foot we will do well. 

Kryptonite for us at Anfield these days....

6 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

But surely they’ll come to play a bit, which should work in our favour. I’d probably take a draw at the moment, as our confidence is so fragile.

Other argument is they will be organised and hard to break down with better players at being so than dross like Burnley and Brighton....and with much more threat and quality on the counter to hurt us.

Can see this being really, really tough, find it hard to see us winning and have real fear about what they could do to our centre halves.....but that said if we were able to beat them it would be a genuinely very good result, will have taken a good performance to do so and should really help us with confidence and belief.

Big, big game.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, an tha said:

Other argument is they will be organised and hard to break down with better players at being so than dross like Burnley and Brighton....and with much more threat and quality on the counter to hurt us.

Can see this being really, really tough, find it hard to see us winning and have real fear about what they could do to our centre halves.....but that said if we were able to beat them it would be a genuinely very good result, will have taken a good performance to do so and should really help us with confidence and belief.

Big, big game.

Absolutely a big game.. If we have Fabinho, Ali, and Jota available I’d fancy us. If not I’ll say my prayers.

We could really do with the crowd on nights like this too.

6 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

Absolutely a big game.. If we have Fabinho, Ali, and Jota available I’d fancy us. If not I’ll say my prayers.

We could really do with the crowd on nights like this too.

Definitely.

I'd love to see Fabinho back in the midfield - but the situation at centre half means he'll have to play there and i suppose we just have to accept that now until next season.

He did well there v these early in season although he was partnering VVD that day.

20 hours ago, YNWA-Viking said:

Deffo a "must not loose" type of game. Chelsea has improved a lot after Tuchel took over so it will be a hard game for sure. Fabinho, Allison, Jota and Keita should be available which should give us a boost.

It's a must win if you think we still have a chance of top four. 

22 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

From what I've seen, Tuchel thus far has essentially given them a good shape and organized them well, but they've had little goal threat. This is one where if we can not shoot ourselves in the foot we will do well. 

If our players aim for the head we will hit the foot.