You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Salmond / Sturgeon

sir roger

8 hours ago, Champ said:

Who knew so few people outside Scotland would know that Alba is Scotland in Gaelic 

Naming something in Scottish Gaelic is pandering to a population the size of Dunny-on-the-Wold on some small northern offshore Island. I’ll wager most of Scotland don’t even know Scottish Gaelic exists. And those that do burn people in wicker men as an offering to the Old Gods.

22 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Naming something in Scottish Gaelic is pandering to a population the size of Dunny-on-the-Wold on some small northern offshore Island. I’ll wager most of Scotland don’t even know Scottish Gaelic exists. And those that do burn people in wicker men as an offering to the Old Gods.

We have signposts in English & in Gaelic all over the country, most people will be aware of the existence of Gaelic.

2 hours ago, Mook said:

We have signposts in English & in Gaelic all over the country, most people will be aware of the existence of Gaelic.

Nice try, but I’m not falling for that. No way am I being tempted by your bait to come and see the non-existent Gaelic road signs, only to find myself trussed up and bundled into a wicker man.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Mook said:

I love it, really enjoy over loading a carbonara with it, really hits the spot.

That’s the problem with this union, we’re afraid of trying ‘exotic’ stuff. I think it should be fundamental to any recipe for a fully integrated union.

14 hours ago, Anubis said:

It really isn’t. 
True, there are very few people for whom Gaelic is their first language but it’s common enough that Police vehicles and ambulances’ decals are written in Gaelic as well as English right across the country.

The name hasn’t raised an eyebrow here

On 28/03/2021 at 10:30, Champ said:

Who knew so few people outside Scotland would know that Alba is Scotland in Gaelic 

Neither himself or anybody in his party, seemingly,  can pronounce Alba properly so if he can't be arsed with this it's no surprise that others don't take it seriously. He's such a sleazy cunt

• 8 months later...

https://news.stv.tv/politics/man-arrested-after-hundreds-sign-up-for-party-at-sturgeons-house?amp

A man has been arrested after a Facebook event page inviting people to a Hogmanay party at Nicola Sturgeon’s house was published on the social media site.

A public post invited people to attend the First Minister’s home address, which was published on the page, at 9pm on New Year’s eve.

Nearly 2000 people said they would be attending or potentially attending the bogus event.

The page called NYE Party @ Sturgeon’s House has now been deleted.

Police confirmed on Thursday that a 33-year-old had been arrested and charged in connection with the incident.

A spokesman for the force said: “A man has been arrested and charged in connection with communications offences.

“He has been released on undertaking to appear at court at a later date.”