You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Salmond / Sturgeon

sir roger

• 3 weeks later...

A Scottish parliamentary committee has concluded that First Minister Nicola Sturgeon misled parliament. 

Sky News understands that Holyrood's harassment committee has reached the conclusion by a majority vote ahead of the publication of its final report. 

Members have decided that Ms Sturgeon misled the committee itself and, as such, misled parliament and potentially breached the ministerial code of conduct. 

A Scottish parliamentary committee has concluded that First Minister Nicola Sturgeon misled parliament. 

Sky News understands that Holyrood's harassment committee has reached the conclusion by a majority vote ahead of the publication of its final report. 

Members have decided that Ms Sturgeon misled the committee itself and, as such, misled parliament and potentially breached the ministerial code of conduct. 

1 minute ago, Section_31 said:

Salmond has started his own party. The Scottish always snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Didn't Robert the Bruce knock Mel Gibson off his horse just as he was about to beat longshanks?

I don't follow Scottish politics what's his reasoning for starting a new party has his ideology changed or is he self serving and wants his own powerbase to lead.

4 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I don't follow Scottish politics what's his reasoning for starting a new party has his ideology changed or is he self serving and wants his own powerbase to lead.

Revenge, but ironically the way voting works up there the ‘nationalists’ would actually get more seats if the votes were split, I believe.

31 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Fuck knows, looks a bit spooky here though, like a cross between The Borg and a divorced insurance salesman. The Alba party?

I know some people out there think he's a Goodman but it Siemens like the Hitachi of stupidity to be launching a new party now, but I suppose a bird in the hand is better than two in the Bush.  

skynews-alex-salmond-party_5319018.jpg

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Fuck knows, looks a bit spooky here though. The Alba party?

I know some people out there think he's a Goodman but it Siemens like the Hitachi of stupidity to be launching a new party now, but I suppose a bird in the hand is better than two in the Bush.  

If Aiwa you, I'd stop there.

• Upvote 1

He's not fighting the SNP in the constituencies. He's only targeting the regional list seats which normally go to the Greens because a lot of SNP supporters give their regional votes to Green (the SNP can't pick up many regional seats because they win so many constituencies and the regional list Seats are distributed in a way to secure an element of proportional representation). 

A clever move by him as it won't weaken the independence cause but gives him a chance of holding the balance of power and making life difficult for Sturgeon. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Fuck knows, looks a bit spooky here though, like a cross between The Borg and a divorced insurance salesman. The Alba party?

This is just a political Saisho.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, cochyn said:

Salmond might not get elected at his first go, but Hinari-election he might well prevail. Now he may not think the second vote useful, but I think he might find it Tandy.  

8 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

This is just a political Saisho.

tumblr_ou397j2kkB1teles0o2_250-1.gif

• Upvote 1

On 26/03/2021 at 17:36, Section_31 said:

Who knew so few people outside Scotland would know that Alba is Scotland in Gaelic 

• Upvote 2