You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Salmond / Sturgeon

sir roger

What is the forum's view , particularly our Caledonian members , on these shenanigans ,  My view from a distance is that Sturgeon has been a bit fast and loose with the truth and made the most of the situation for her own ends , but Salmond is a creep who should be praying to the heavens every day for his court verdict but has decided to turn into Scotland's Trump instead.

The BBC and the rest of the MSM are attempting to do the Tories work for them by undermining Sturgeon to derail independence. There are elections in May. I don’t see this making a blind bit of difference to the SNP support

• Upvote 1

Looks like the Sturgeon Govt is just as corrupt and bent as the Johnson Govt. One pushed Brexit the other Indy

What is it with unscrupulous twats pushing nationalist fantasies? You'd think people would learn; there is a history with this sort of thing and it generally doesn't end well

4 hours ago, Denny Crane said:

Always a bit suspicious when the BBC and Tory hacks start talking about Scotland in England. I'm guessing this is their last chance at "saving the union" in their own unique manner. 

Not sure they are that arsed about the Union.  Without the Scottish seats they are nailed on to rule forever.

Just now, Anubis said:

As Sturgeon is giving evidence Sky are running a box adjacent to the feed looping Salmond’s quotes from his evidence accusing her of breaking the ministerial code. Bit of a jade’s trick.

Surely you're not suggesting an organised campaign to oust her?

There is something deeply distasteful about Salmond who it would seem has abused his position and actually harmed people then turning his undoubted intellect to point the finger the other way.

He must have known exactly how this would be seized upon by the mainstream media and the potential implications for the cause he has fought for for his adult life. Sleazeball 

• Upvote 5

1 minute ago, Champ said:

There is something deeply distasteful about Salmond who it would seem has abused his position and actually harmed people then turning his undoubted intellect to point the finger the other way.

He must have known exactly how this would be seized upon by the mainstream media and the potential implications for the cause he has fought for for his adult life. Sleazeball 

He knows full well the mainstream (tory led media) will hammer home the message that Sturgeon has broken a rule and he will garner support just for going against her. Him being a sexual predator doesn't matter to them lot now. 

4 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Mate, you really shouldn't read the Daily Mail comments section. You get 27,735 days of life. Don't waste any part of your 27,375 reading that shit. Spend more time on here calling people Tory nonce cunts. You'll be happier. 

I like to call them out on it. Don't get me wrong I barely spend anytime on it but still they don't like it and they get all pissed off and thats worth it for me.