You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Greatest Album Ever - Group U (Vote for your top 2)

Bjornebye

Greatest Album Ever - Group U (Vote for your top 2)  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Greatest Album Ever - Group U (Vote for your top 2)

• The Smiths - Meat is Murder
    • Pearl Jam - Ten
    • Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin III
    • The Beatles - Abbey Road

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 27/02/21 at 10:25

I can't put into words how much I love Led Zeppelin III, the perfect rock album for me, all heavy, light & fucking weird all at the same time.

I told my missus shortly after I met her that I loved Led Zeppelin III more than her & she said that was ok because she loved it more than she loved me too. I bet our kids hate it.

• Upvote 4

Our cat the late Pudsey used to LOVE Led Zeppelin III after he went totally blind. He'd sit next to the speakers and absorb the vibrations produced as the record played. So that gets my vote as it brought joy and happiness to a stricken animal. Oh and it's a fucking great record too.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Pete said:

Our cat the late Pudsey used to LOVE Led Zeppelin III after he went totally blind. He'd sit next to the speakers and absorb the vibrations produced as the record played. So that gets my vote as it brought joy and happiness to a stricken animal. Oh and it's a fucking great record too.

Hope you stopped it before Hats Off To Roy Harper came on...

3 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

the beatles on 51% ... how the fuck is that possible? surely 50% is the maximum

Some people only vote for one album If they don’t like the others. 

Abbey Road is my favourite album of all time so obviously that gets one. Have to be Led Zep for my other one. 

Just now, Sugar Ape said:

Some people only vote for one album If they don’t like the others. 

Abbey Road is my favourite album of all time so obviously that gets one. Have to be Led Zep for my other one. 

if i don't like the other 3 i vote for one i think has the best chance of knocking out something i hate! (or really a band i hate). tactical voting is even a thing on TLW. 

4 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

if i don't like the other 3 i vote for one i think has the best chance of knocking out something i hate! (or really a band i hate). tactical voting is even a thing on TLW. 

I do the same mate. Ideally I’d like two bands I don’t care about to be drawing in second place right at the end and I’ll pick whichever one Code hasn’t voted for. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Mook said:

I can't put into words how much I love Led Zeppelin III, the perfect rock album for me, all heavy, light & fucking weird all at the same time.

I told my missus shortly after I met her that I loved Led Zeppelin III more than her & she said that was ok because she loved it more than she loved me too. I bet our kids hate it.

I've never heard it before.  I'm four tracks in and I've already decided it's getting my vote alongside Abbey Road. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Total Longo said:

Abbey Road and Meat is Murder for me, two pretty much flawless albums (apart from Octopuses Garden, obv)

Ha, I love Octopus's Garden. Co-written by Harrison. I think if George Martin had produced but then it might have been a bit slicker. But George's lead guitar and Lennon's rhythm guitar are lovely (and lively) and the background vocals are really well done (I'm assuming Lennon did them as he was king of backing vocals, although possibly George this time).

I used to dislike the song and skipped it every time, but I gave it a go and really enjoy listening to it these days. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Pete said:

I could imagine Zep doing something called "Blind Cat Blues".