You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

ASMR

Total Longo

Smithy ("Chris" on here) posted on Twitter last night how much ASMR sets off his rage levels to an alarming degree. I had no idea what this acronym meant so i googled it and it turns out it stands for "autonomous sensory meridian response" which appears to be about using hyper sensitive microphones to pick up various potentially relaxing sounds. Seems quite "the thing" amongst youtubers for some reason. There were links to some youtube videos too. Initially i was completely baffled by it as it just appeared to be people just being weird ...

But then on further "delving" i found this and now my initial disgust has been replaced by a confused mixture of drowsiness and arousal. 

It's clearly a load of absolute nonsense, but if you search ASMR on youtube some of the women are absolutely oustanding, you can even watch with the sound down if it triggers your anger... 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

No. It's actually extremely useful for many people who suffer from anxiety, insomnia, or various other things.

I think what Total Longo is saying is that they YouTube explosion of it is simply a load of shit. It's all birds acting sexy and trying to get hits not for the correct reasons of ASMR.

ASMR in the form of audio only, I agree with you. I use a rain one from time to time to help me sleep.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

I think what Total Longo is saying is that they YouTube explosion of it is simply a load of shit. It's all birds acting sexy and trying to get hits not for the correct reasons of ASMR.

ASMR in the form of audio only, I agree with you. I use a rain one from time to time to help me sleep.

This is the bit that i'm all in on, Skids. It's just confusing and disappointing when you nod off with a prong on.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I have just watched those videos and found them irritating as fuck. Nobody makes a tapping noise on my ear and if a bird made that noise while licking my ear, I would be telling her to fucking pack it in.

No bird ever talks softly or sexily in a ladies underwear shop while wearing a frilly bra.

Influencing wanna be cunts.

BOLLOCKS!!! COMPLETE AND TOTAL FUCKING BOLLOCKS

I downloaded an app called Breeth last night while in bed unable to sleep. Opened it up and it started asking me questions that I couldn't be arsed answering so I put my phone down, got up and opened the window and fell asleep listening to police sirens fly down queens drive. If the two women in the above videos want to come round and aid my bedroom routine then they can feel free. 

1 hour ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Yes, I suppose a lot of them just see a route to money. 

When they begin to start videos with a couple of minutes of advertising I bin them off.

Like you, I'm not even watching them. The sounds just help me sleep. And none of that fucking ear licking shite either. 

36 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I downloaded an app called Breeth last night while in bed unable to sleep. Opened it up and it started asking me questions that I couldn't be arsed answering so I put my phone down, got up and opened the window and fell asleep listening to police sirens fly down queens drive. If the two women in the above videos want to come round and aid my bedroom routine then they can feel free. 

you want them to coma to yours and do impressions of police sirens ? whatever floats your boat mate... 

1 hour ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Same

Them long youtube audios Storms at sea, winter storm in a cabin etc are great if I'm struggling to sleep at time. 

Mind you I have woke up fuming cause its heaving down and I've got to go to work to realise its still playing on the laptop

14 hours ago, Chris said:

That gives me murderous rage. If anything, even that rather attractive women, came anywhere near my ear doing that, I'd have no control over the elbows I'd be throwing.

Mate, i think you may have misophonia. My Mrs gets murderous when me and our Thom inadverently eat noisily. She reckons its because of misophonia.

22 hours ago, Total Longo said:

Smithy ("Chris" on here) posted on Twitter last night how much ASMR sets off his rage levels to an alarming degree. I had no idea what this acronym meant so i googled it and it turns out it stands for "autonomous sensory meridian response" which appears to be about using hyper sensitive microphones to pick up various potentially relaxing sounds. Seems quite "the thing" amongst youtubers for some reason. There were links to some youtube videos too. Initially i was completely baffled by it as it just appeared to be people just being weird ...

But then on further "delving" i found this and now my initial disgust has been replaced by a confused mixture of drowsiness and arousal. 

It's clearly a load of absolute nonsense, but if you search ASMR on youtube some of the women are absolutely oustanding, you can even watch with the sound down if it triggers your anger... 

Sigh, *unzips*