You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Greatest Album Ever - Group R (Vote for your top 2)

Bjornebye

Greatest Album Ever - Group R (Vote for your top 2)  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Greatest Album Ever - Group R (Vote for your top 2)

• Nirvana - Nevermind
    • The Doors - LA Woman
    • Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream
    • The Kinks - Village Green Preservation Society

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 26/02/21 at 08:57

I don't listen to albums much these days, certainly not in track order however this poll and me working from home has allowed me to either listen to things I have not heard before or refresh on albums that I have listened to for years.

Currently listening to Siamese Dream for the first time in maybe 20 years and I love it, Disarm is simply a great track 2, following the opener Cherub Rock.

On a side note Cherub Rock does remind me in parts of the Manics track La Tristesse Durera from their Gold against the Soul album, both albums released in 1993, Manics no doubt heavily influenced by Pumpkins.

Village Green is a wonderful, eclectic English album and also the only Kinks album i've ever heard in full. Not bothered if In Utero gets the hipsters vote, Nevermind was absolutely a game changer back in 1991 and still sounds as fresh as it did do back then. I think the only faultless Doors album is the first one but LA Woman is pretty damn good. I am not a fan of Smashing Pumpkins at all ( i prefer smiling politely). Sooooooo, i'm going  Nevermind plus .... LA Woman.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, KMD7 said:

Have to go with Nirvana and The Doors here.

Same here.

I agree with views that Nevermind is one of the most important rock albums of the 90s, or possibly the most important, whatever you think about it. That Kinks' album was a very pleasant listen, but if I am honest and had to choose which of the two classic albums I'd play next, it would be LA Woman. Smashing Pumpkins' album didn't leave much of an impression, falls somewhere in between.

• Upvote 1

Not got listened to any of these albums, so decided to try all 4 singles and base it on that. 

I predicted I would choose Nirvana and The Kinks beforehand and that's what I went for. Big sky was easily the best example song Stig posted and it was between Breed and Siamese dream for second place, preferred Breed. 

I reckon I'd dig The Doors though, just found that track a bit dull on first listen. 

11 minutes ago, Remmie said:

Not got listened to any of these albums, so decided to try all 4 singles and base it on that. 

I predicted I would choose Nirvana and The Kinks beforehand and that's what I went for. Big sky was easily the best example song Stig posted and it was between Breed and Siamese dream for second place, preferred Breed. 

I reckon I'd dig The Doors though, just found that track a bit dull on first listen. 

The Doors made some great songs but they also made a few that were way too long to keep my attention.