You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Signs that you're behind the times.

manwiththestick

2 hours ago, Jenson said:

It doesn't have a proper pull up lever handbrake by the gearstick, instead it has a handle on the right hand side of the steering wheel that you push in to put the handbrake on and pull out to take it off. It's all kinds of wrong.

It's a travesty, how the fuck are 18 year olds meant to impress teenage girls in Tesco's car park with their handbrake prowess these days. 

8 hours ago, Jenson said:

It doesn't have a proper pull up lever handbrake by the gearstick, instead it has a handle on the right hand side of the steering wheel that you push in to put the handbrake on and pull out to take it off. It's all kinds of wrong.

Sounds like one of those Citroen style thingies. They were shite too.

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

Top of the pops 1990 was on the other day and said to the Mrs I genuinely couldn't tell you who's been number one at any point in the last 20 years. Robin hood prince of thieves bound to be still in the mix somewhere but beyond that, fuck knows.

Fuck me, Section that Robin Hood thing must be nearly 30 years ago , that's how unhip you are.

I went to my local barbers yesterday.

For the last year my missus has been cutting my hair. Before that it had been some proper old school place with a Bolivian fella that charged six euros (he apologised to everyone when he put it up from five). He employs two others. A middle aged Pakistani man who hasn't really bothered to learn Spanish and is made up when I'm there as he can speak to someone in his particular brand of English (I have no idea what he's saying bar picking out the names of the odd 1980s Pakistani cricketer). His other employee is a young local lad who turns up late every day then has a kip in one of the seats and routinely has to be jolted back to live in order to actually cut someone's hair. 

Anyway, this scene of serenity sadly ended with covid. I think it has been open for some of the last year but as I no longer live in the city I didn't fancy, and at times was restricted from, travelling. 

So yesterday, after the missus finally decided she couldn't be fucked to do it any more, I ventured in to a place in my town. The more "old man" type places which I would feel considerably more comfortable in are apparently all pretty slack re covid measures so I was stuck with braving it and going somewhere a bit more "modern". Having made an appointment the previous day, I turned up and was greeted by "Saúl" who had what appeared to be a giant iced gem on his head. He had two other lads, neither of whom looked older than about 13, cutting hair as well. The three people having their hair cut, all aged between about 16 and 21, were all having exactly the same hair cut done - Peaky Cunt, I imagine it's called. 

The older of the two children ended up cutting my hair and having made it abundantly clear that if he makes me look anything like his previous customer I'll disembowel him with his own scissors, he reluctantly agreed and set about giving me pretty much the same haircut my missus does but in about a quarter of the time. 

I felt about 83 in there. The music, the conversations about some famous TikTok cunt, and of course the identikit League One footballer haircuts. Hideous. 

• Upvote 3