You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Signs that you're behind the times.

manwiththestick

I've got a Hotmail address I've had since I was 19. When I got a Now TV box I was pissed off because they didn't include a scart lead, only HDMI.

I don't understand, nor want to understand, Instagram and Snapchat and tik tok, and can't get my head around the fact young people seemingly aren't into Facebook and consider it to be yesterday's news.

I've got no interest in phones at all or their advancements, or any electricals including tellies. My mate gets fuckung 4k, 8k HD bollocks with Lilt Man and Status Quo tribute act as standard, and I can't be arsed. I just want a telly that shows telly.

I've no understanding or awareness of the concept of YouTubers or influencers, and when someone told me once most kids don't watch telly it genuinely freaked me out for days. 

• Upvote 9

11 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I've got a Hotmail address I've had since I was 19. When I got a Now TV box I was pissed off because they didn't include a scart lead, only HDMI.

I don't understand, nor want to understand, Instagram and Snapchat and tik tok, and can't get my head around the fact young people seemingly aren't into Facebook and consider it to be yesterday's news.

I've got no interest in phones at all or their advancements, or any electricals including tellies. My mate gets fuckung 4k, 8k HD bollocks with Lilt Man and Status Quo tribute act as standard, and I can't be arsed. I just want a telly that shows telly.

I've no understanding or awareness of the concept of YouTubers or influencers, and when someone told me once most kids don't watch telly it genuinely freaked me out for days. 

Yes, all of this is me as well.

If I have to read anything more than about a paragraph, or watch anything more than 20/30 seconds long, I turn on my laptop. I just can't be arsed fucking around on a mobile phone.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

This was the phone we had upstairs in my parents bedroom, when I was a kid.

Got rejected by several females through it. Character building, unlike these snowflake phones we have today. 

As mine is still in our entrance hall and has a long cord from the phone to the wall socket, occasionally if I'm going to have a long call, grab the phone and go sit on the stairs with a beer, just like the olden days!

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Waitak said:

I don't give a fuck if I go somewhere without my phone 

We went to Mexico a few years back and I forgot to pick up my phone before we went. When I got back two weeks later I only had two messages , both from Virgin saying my minutes and data had been rolled over.

• Upvote 5

45 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

This was the phone we had upstairs in my parents bedroom, when I was a kid.

Got rejected by several females through it. Character building, unlike these snowflake phones we have today. 

Yep, you knew exactly where you stood when you got told to fuck off on one of those things.

• Upvote 1

I still listen to actual records and CD's - cassettes less so, but i was still using a walkman in 2003 so that should give you an idea of how reluctant i am to change.

However, i very rarely watch a blu ray now (despite owning loads of them) because streaming is just so good.