You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mane: Bobby makes everything easier for us

TLW

Sadio Mane has sprung to the defence of under-fire teammate Roberto Firmino saying that he makes those around him much better players.

The Brazilian is universally recognised as one of the hard working forwards in the game and his extremely deft touches have been a feature in setting up goals for teammates over the past few seasons.

His all-round skillset means that he is not truly defined by his goal tally, even though he has certainly produced his fair share over his Reds career.

But like many Liverpool players, this season has been a struggle for the 29 year-old and his output has been put under the microscope like never before.

In 35 appearances across all competitions, Firmino has scored six goals and produced seven assists and as things currently stand, Firmino is on track for his lowest output since joining the club in the 2015/6 season from Hoffenheim.

However the man affectionally known by as ‘Bobby’ still has the great support of his teammates as Mane told ESPN Brasil (via The Mirror).

firmino3_600.jpg

He deserves more credit than me and Mo, for sure.

“But it is part of football, (people) always seeing the goals scored. But without Bobby, I don't see me and Mo score as many goals as we have, to be honest.

“He makes everything easier for us.

The Senegalese star went as far to say he wished he played with him on the international stage.

“Brazil are just lucky to have Firmino. I have always said to Bobby: 'you will have to change your nationality and come to Senegal!

"For me, that would be a dream. I just love him. I think he is my favourite team-mate."

View full article

16 minutes ago, General Dryness said:

tenor (32).gif

Next week's article will be Gini Wijnaldum talking about his all-time favourite player, Thiago Alcântara, and the irony of their respective countries being Protestant/Catholic enemies in the 16th and 17th centuries:

"Thiago and I often joke about what may have happened if William of Orange - my favourite Dutchman of the 1600s - had been born 150 years earlier and married Thiago's favourite Spanish historical figure, Catherine of Aragon".

• Upvote 7

13 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Sadio trying to deflect attention from his own terrible form - "Don't look at me, look at that other player!"

Sadio has had the covid and has also been trying his arse off while being a bit shit,I can tolerate that effort as a fan because I've seen players better than him go through it. Firmino?Much less so in my view.