You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I want my parade

Antynwa

Couldn't care less if we finish 9th

Couldn't care less about the Memes and the Twitter nonsense

Couldn't care less if Everton win something and they have one as well

Couldn't care less if we didn't have the actual trophy

I want a parade, I want the lads on a bus around Liverpool so I can take my kids, I want Lallana and Degsy on that bus, I want them wearing new balance gear. I want the sun to be shining and I want my fucking parade. 

Do you want your parade?

• Upvote 2

There will be 21st and 50th birthday parties missed that people will want to celebrate. Some will choose to do it, some won't, I don't think there is a right or wrong answer. Personally I don't think a parade is right but laps of the pitch with the winning squad is a must. I don't care if Gini is playing for Juventus and Lalanna is at Brighton and Lovren and Brewster and whoever else has departed, find a day in the calendar that suits them too and make it happen.

• Upvote 1

Not for me. Full crowds to Whip up a fenzy. 

What about having the trophy paraded around the ground at the first home game of last season. Or the Palace game, though it'd only be 10k.

Boys take the trophy round the pitch. Jurgen then takes it to the centre circle and hoists it aloft. 

We all pay homage. 

Then as the trophy leaves the field the new season begins and we slay everyone before us. Then we get the parade. 

14 minutes ago, Antynwa said:

Do you want your parade?

Sure do. A parade after winning the 7th CL

The one from last year? Unless it's included in the CL parade, nah .. .water under the bridge now.

At the current form we're heading for what could be the worst league season we've had for 60 years. Blue fans all over town woukld have the laugh of their lives.

I know Jurgen said we'll celebrate together when we can. I dont think an open top bus ride around the city is going to cut it though and like others have said, the time for that ride has sadly gone.

But we can celebrate the title win at the opening home game to next season. It might only be a glorified flag day, but what a day.

Nope.  It's been too long now.

The ideal world would be we get players and form back in time to win the CL and then parade both.  But assuming we're still too shit to win the CL, then the parade is parked.

I'm just delighted that we managed to play the vast majority of last season with crowds.  The late goal to seal the Man Utd win and the crowd signing "We're gonna win the league" was THE moment for me.  Imagine that same game now with no fans?  No atmosphere and the players off the pitch immediately after the final whistle to a few half-hearted high fives?  Shite.  

I'd obviously rather win the league than not this season, but it's a hollow, dull, shite, season that everyone will just want to forget as quickly as possible.  

Get everyone back playing, fans in the stands, and win the league next year and have the mother of all parades after.

• Upvote 4