You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Greatest Album Ever - Group L (Vote for your top 2)

Bjornebye

Greatest Album Ever - Group L (Vote for your top 2)  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Greatest Album Ever - Group L (Vote for your top 2)

• Bob Dylan - Blood On The Tracks
    • Dire Straits - Brothers In Arms
    • Rolling Stones - Let It Bleed
    • REM - Automatic For The People

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 22/02/21 at 16:27

7 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

If I hadn't met you both in real life I'd think you and Mook were the same person. 

As if Mook would have the balls/lack of common sense to jump out of a car door at 70mph.

21 minutes ago, Juniper said:

If my mangled body is ever found on the hard shoulder it's on you Dire Straights fans.

In all seriousness I don't mind they are a thing, just not for me.

Yep, really like listening to Knopfler talk about guitar as well. Clearly a great musician, natural intuition with his instrument. A lot to respect, all in all. 

Can't stand any of his music (as far as I've heard so far). Leaves me tepid at best.

My main association with this album is that it's the kind of music I'd have seen advertised in a TV magazine as part of some awful subscription grift.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Juniper said:

If my mangled body is ever found on the hard shoulder it's on you Dire Straights fans.

In all seriousness I don't mind they are a thing, just not for me.

Fine if its not your thing mate. Don't die please. We've got fruit to eat at away matches in bandit country 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Yep, really like listening to Knopfler talk about guitar as well. Clearly a great musician, natural intuition with his instrument. A lot to respect, all in all. 

Can't stand any of his music (as far as I've heard so far). Leaves me tepid at best.

My main association with this album is that it's the kind of music I'd have seen advertised in a TV magazine as part of some awful subscription grift.

What the fuck 

Again, I've been a fair few aways with you and you have defo been sticking it up Junipers bum. Dire Straits are hands down the most underrated band ever  

7 minutes ago, Mook said:

Let's not mince our words here, Dire Straits are cheesy, MOR shite for people who watch Top Gear, wear quilted jackets & can often be found staring into the middle distance whilst soiling their chinos.

Ha ha. I have a fair amount of middle of the road music in my record collection, but I can’t stand Top Gear and haven’t shat my kecks for at least two or three years now.

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

Had a listen to Blood on the Tracks before voting just as an excuse because I've not heard it in a long time. It struck me that I like the best songs on the album sung by someone else. If Idiot Wind was released today it would be fucked out of it.  His voice is atrocious on it. That said the songs are brilliant.

Same for Dire Straits. Some brilliant songs on that album but I'm not a fan of Mark's singing, even though his guitar work is top notch. 

No love for the Stones and never will so it's Dylan and REM for me, Clive

You're Gonna Make Me Lonesome is good by Madalene Peroux is good. 

15 minutes ago, Code said:

Bob Dylan and Rolling Stones are music for pensioners, they cant even get on the road. 

Despite both being on the road for a combined 3 billion years thats some statement even for you 

EDIT: Unless thats bait. It's bait. 

1 hour ago, Mook said:

Let's not mince our words here, Dire Straits are cheesy, MOR shite for people who watch Top Gear, wear quilted jackets & can often be found staring into the middle distance whilst soiling their chinos.

Yet they're still only the 2nd worst option in this poll.